;)
darling

Re: Questions and answers about Stargate

Post by darling »

WOW! That was fast! Thank you very much, Kti! *hug*
Anja

Post by Anja »

I got all the seasons from my brother as presents (birthday, Christmas). And I recommend all the episodes of seasons nine and ten because Mitchell is great and never a "copy" of O'Neill!!!! I'm really interested in the storyline - and a storyline needs more than just one actor. RDA is my favourite but that doesn't mean I don't watch just because he isn't in there. I like Mitchell especially in "Collateral damage" - watch it, it's great!!
Have a nice day or night!
Anja ;)
ANJA
CARPE DIEM Image
mac_jack_fangirl

Post by mac_jack_fangirl »

I had a hard time getting into seasons 9 and 10 and I only watched the ones that RDA appeared it. I enjoyed Atlantis a whole lot more :D

Oh, this is a thread that I had forgotten had existed. For my work I do a lot of shipping (both domestic and international) and I was looking up a company in BC in Canada and saw that it was in a city called Kelowna! I was like, what, whoa, really???? Is that where they got Jonas' home world from? I geeked out quite a bit :lol:
Anne

Post by Anne »

mac_jack_fangirl wrote: Oh, this is a thread that I had forgotten had existed. For my work I do a lot of shipping (both domestic and international) and I was looking up a company in BC in Canada and saw that it was in a city called Kelowna! I was like, what, whoa, really???? Is that where they got Jonas' home world from? I geeked out quite a bit :lol:
Yep, that's where it came from :lol:
mac_jack_fangirl

Now, I'm going to be on the look out for all these weird names of off-world planets 8-)
Root

Post by Root »

I've got a question.
I keep seing on season 8th, glaces on Jack's desk. I guess some are RDA but one pair of it just chocked me. Can't find a picture on the web, but episode "Threads" In the beginning of the episode, he's talking with Kerry and Sam wants to talk to him. They are talking about Daniel. Take a look at those glaces because they just look like woman's glaces... Did Kerry forgot them?lolllll
mac_jack_fangirl

Root wrote:I've got a question.
I keep seing on season 8th, glaces on Jack's desk. I guess some are RDA but one pair of it just chocked me. Can't find a picture on the web, but episode "Threads" In the beginning of the episode, he's talking with Kerry and Sam wants to talk to him. They are talking about Daniel. Take a look at those glaces because they just look like woman's glaces... Did Kerry forgot them?lolllll
Ha, you're not the only one that saw that. Maybe she did or maybe they're one of those "props" they leave hanging around. :D
Root

Post by Root »

Ok, I'm just going through the first season of Stargate Atlantis, and saw the 7th with our dear O'neill in it. (a lot! ;) ) But I gotta say, he gets me mad at him.

Because he took decision that were sooo not like him. I don't understand and it pisses me off :lol:
I over react here but I was so happy to see him again and bang he took the wrong decision, like being the bad guy!!! What the f*****.

Anyway. I hope he will behave better after that lol.
If you want to talk about it i'm here! (but please don't spoil :oops: )
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

I have not watched Stargate Atlantis or Stargate Universe since RDA is not in them.

What I have done is look up what people say in their reviews

I love reading what they say in their reviews about Stargate SG1 on Amazon when they purchase any of the SG1 videos or Amazon prime.

It is fun to read what people say in their reviews about Stargate SG1 because they echo what I know people here on this forum would say as well.

Here are some samples of what purchasers of SG1 have said: Many, many, many have given these same compliments:

Great series! Brilliant! Classic! Awesome! Amazing! Incomparable! Perfection! Love this show!
My favorite TV or SciFi show of all time! The best TV series of all time! Best show ever! Still great after all these years!
I wish this series could have gone on forever. I'm watching it for the 3rd, 5th, 10th, time. I'll watch it til I die....

Now about RDA and the cast specifically: MANY said the same thing basically about RDA being the real reason SG1 was so good!

Richard Dean Anderson and Amanda Tapping seem to have a natural chemistry
Very good interplay between the characters and the actor Richard Dean Anderson was given quite a bit of latitude with his acerbic one-liners. Adds a nice comedic element from a likeable "everyman" who is both flawed and heroic at the same time.

My favorite actor is the star who makes it fun to watch.

Richard Dean Anderson brings the same MacGyver quirkiness to O'Neill which seems to be the linchpin of what makes SG1 so good.

Richard Dean Anderson is amazing as always.

It's cool to see RDA in this. It's funny how he played an opposite character from MacGyver.

RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON IS THE STRONGEST AND MOST LIKEABLE ALPHA MALE ON TELEVISION!

Always funny, positive stories with positive endings...the sense of humor is great...some of Richard Dean Anderson's best stuff for sure.

Richard Dean Anderson and all the rest. It doesn't get any better than this. Need I say more? I LOVE it.

Awesome cast. (MANY said that).

RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON - THAT PRETTY MUCH SAYS IT ALL....THE ACTING IS WAY ABOVE AVERAGE.

THE 5 STAR RATING IS FOR ALL THE SEASONS RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON WAS THERE...

MY FAVORITE SERIES UNTIL RDA LEFT THE SHOW. I DIDN'T WATCH IT AFTER THAT. I TRIED BUT IT JUST WAS NOT THE SAME.

Awesome show. Action, drama, comedy. Just wish it could've lasted longer. I HATED WHEN ANDERSON LEFT THE SHOW.

If I could make one change through the series, I WOULD HAVE KEPT RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON'S CHARACTER IN A MORE PROMINENT ROLE.

O'Neill with 2 LL's' - what else is there to say?

O'Neill keeps it funny at the best times.

Can I get MacGyver in space? Yah.

Sorry this was so long....hope others enjoy reading what others say about the SG1 series, and especially about RDA's part in it.
B