Wright stuff & kick starting

Fandango

Wright stuff & kick starting

Post by Fandango »

I have been wondering about a few things for a while. If anyone can shed light on these, please do.

Does anyone one know what Brad Wright has been up to lately? I know he was verrry unhappy when SGU folded.

Does anyone know if any form of 'kick start' has been tried for any form of SG?

Thanks!
MacBeth

Re: Wright stuff & kick starting

Post by MacBeth »

I think you mean Kickstarter, correct? Along the lines of the Veronica Mars movie?

As far as I know, nothing of the sort has been considered. But I for one would still love to see the third Stargate movie come back to life, AND the Atlantis movie!
Anne

Post by Anne »

I would LOVE a third SG movie overall, but only with the original (old) cast and without any (I apologize in advance because I don't want to offend anyone, just my personal preferences) Jack/Sam hinting/happily ever afters "g" I guess a third SG movie with Jack being back for more than a guest performance is out of the question though, so unless it's a strong Daniel/or at least team centric movie, I won't be holding my breath. Which is kinda sad because I'd love to have Stargate back on a screen. ;)
Fandango

Post by Fandango »

Yes, Kickstarter or any of a few similar websites. At this point a grass roots kind of start up might be one way (the only way?) to show that there is still interest in the franchise.

I would love to know if Brad has thought about this method.

I, too, would like to see another SG movie.

But also, I wouldn't mind seeing another TV series, with a feel more like the original SG-1...not so dark, with more fun added back in. (I think we need more fun in the world. There are enough dark things these days.)
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

Fandango wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing another TV series, with a feel more like the original SG-1...not so dark, with more fun added back in. (I think we need more fun in the world. There are enough dark things these days.)
Exactly! That's just how I feel.

I saw that Roland Emmerich now wants to redo the original Stargate movie (which he directed) and make it into a trilogy, completely dumping everything that's been done since 1994. I don't like to wish failure on anyone, so let's just say that I hope he finds success in other projects than this one.
Fandango

Post by Fandango »

MacBeth wrote: I saw that Roland Emmerich now wants to redo the original Stargate movie (which he directed) and make it into a trilogy, completely dumping everything that's been done since 1994. I don't like to wish failure on anyone, so let's just say that I hope he finds success in other projects than this one.
Hmmm...not Twitter...How do I "favorite" that post?? :lol:

Well, yes. He should take the Nick Sparks' tact. Nick doesn't care if the movie's story is any where near the book he wrote...as long as he gets his name in the front credits and he gets paid (well) for it!

Does anyone have a clue how to even contact Brad, even through the vine?
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

Fandango wrote:Does anyone have a clue how to even contact Brad, even through the vine?
No idea, but you can check to see if he's on Twitter, or has a Facebook page.
Fandango

Post by Fandango »

Unfortunately there are a lot of Brad Wrights! I've tried looking, but there are so many that I haven't had much luck.
katann69

Post by katann69 »

Everyone, one of the reason for the cancellation of the show was because of the fans attitude for not seeing RDA. They pretty much made it known that Brad Wright was a nobody to a lot of fans and wanted RDA back. Yes, Brad was angry as the fans and network caused the demised of the SGU.

Kay
katann69

Post by katann69 »

Gateworld has this ... may not answer your questions you are thinking of, but at least he is still in contact with everyone.

GateWorld - Interviews: Brad Wright (Brad Wright - July 2002)
www.gateworld.net/interviews/brad_wright.shtml Cached
By day, Brad Wright is the executive producer and co-creator of Stargate SG-1. By night, he's ...

Kay