Say What?

eurmos

Re: Say What?

Post by eurmos »

"This may be kinder to my knees but my butt is FROZEN!!
Beth
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

RDA: See, Kate ? Still got it !!! Aaaaaaah !!
Kate : Are you all right ?
RDA: I'm ok . Did you take the photo BEFORE I fell ? You did ? Thank God !
eurmos

Post by eurmos »

"Aaaaah...No brakes! No steering! Where is a damn paper clip when you need one??"
Beth
eurmos

Post by eurmos »

"OK Pete, next time we go on vacation we can go somewhere warm. You were right about it not being enjoyable to have two pounds of snow in your pants."
Beth
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

RDA:Faster ! Hurry up !

Can't stay away from my little girl for too long ...
eurmos

Post by eurmos »

"Good thing I wore eye protection. This is NOT going to end well."
Beth
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

This pic reminds me of a joke :

A Canadian is having his breakfast (coffee, croissants, bread, butter and jam) when an American man, chewing gum, sits down next to him.

The Canadian ignores the American who, nevertheless, starts a conversation.

American: "You Canadian folk eat the whole bread?"

Canadian (in a bad mood): "Of course".

American: (after blowing a huge bubble) "We don't. In America, we only eat what's inside. The crust we collect in container, recycle it, transform them into croissants and sell them to Canada." The American has a smirk on his face.

The Canadian listens in silence.

The American persists: "Do you eat jelly with the bread??"

Canadian: "Of Course."

American: (cracking his gum between his teeth and chuckling). "We don't. In America we eat fresh fruit for breakfast, then we put all the peels, seeds, and left overs in containers, recycle them, transform them into jam to Canada.

The Canadian then asks: "Do you have sex in America?"

American: "Why of course we do", the American says with a big smirk.

Canadian: "And what do you do with the condoms once you've used them?"

American: "We throw them away, of course".

Canadian: "We don't. In Canada, we put them in a container, recycle them melt them down into chewing gum and sell them to America."

( It's just a silly joke. Besides , this chewing gum doesn't come from Canada..., does it ? :? ;) )
eurmos

Post by eurmos »

tvero80 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:23 am Image

This pic reminds me of a joke :

A Canadian is having his breakfast (coffee, croissants, bread, butter and jam) when an American man, chewing gum, sits down next to him.

The Canadian ignores the American who, nevertheless, starts a conversation.

American: "You Canadian folk eat the whole bread?"

Canadian (in a bad mood): "Of course".

American: (after blowing a huge bubble) "We don't. In America, we only eat what's inside. The crust we collect in container, recycle it, transform them into croissants and sell them to Canada." The American has a smirk on his face.

The Canadian listens in silence.

The American persists: "Do you eat jelly with the bread??"

Canadian: "Of Course."

American: (cracking his gum between his teeth and chuckling). "We don't. In America we eat fresh fruit for breakfast, then we put all the peels, seeds, and left overs in containers, recycle them, transform them into jam to Canada.

The Canadian then asks: "Do you have sex in America?"

American: "Why of course we do", the American says with a big smirk.

Canadian: "And what do you do with the condoms once you've used them?"

American: "We throw them away, of course".

Canadian: "We don't. In Canada, we put them in a container, recycle them melt them down into chewing gum and sell them to America."

( It's just a silly joke. Besides , this chewing gum doesn't come from Canada..., does it ? :? ;) )
The gum MAY have come from Canada. The glasses did!
Beth
eurmos

Post by eurmos »

"We can't play 'Hide and Seek' unless you stop petting me and hide already!"
Beth
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Dogs prefer petting way more than you thought !

"Good dog" just doesn’t cut it with pooches. Surprising new research shows that dogs prefer petting over verbal praise.

For one part of the study—published online in the journal Behavioural Processes—researchers observed 42 shelter and pet dogs as they interacted one at a time with two people in a room. One person petted the dog, while the other praised the dog verbally. The researchers measured how much time the dog chose to spend interacting with each person.

For the next part of the study, 72 shelter and pet dogs were individually placed in a room with just one person—a stranger for the shelter dogs and the pets’ dogs owners. Interactions between the person and the dog were recorded over eight three-minute sessions. Each session varied between the person either petting or praising the dog or both, or having no interaction with the dog.

What did the researchers find? The dogs showed more interest in people who were petting them. Even more surprising, the dogs showed no more interest in spoken praise than in having no interaction with the human at all.

Why would dogs prefer petting over vocal praise? The researchers noted that previous studies showed that dogs’ heart rate and blood pressure were lowered by human petting—similar to the way in which human contact can help human health as well.

Woof!

(Newspaper article published on sept 08, 2014)

So ? Keep petting ! Pet away !!!
Dog: Oh , yeah !