Say What?

eurmos

Re: Say What?

Post by eurmos »

tvero80 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:50 am Image

Dogs prefer petting way more than you thought !

"Good dog" just doesn’t cut it with pooches. Surprising new research shows that dogs prefer petting over verbal praise.

For one part of the study—published online in the journal Behavioural Processes—researchers observed 42 shelter and pet dogs as they interacted one at a time with two people in a room. One person petted the dog, while the other praised the dog verbally. The researchers measured how much time the dog chose to spend interacting with each person.

For the next part of the study, 72 shelter and pet dogs were individually placed in a room with just one person—a stranger for the shelter dogs and the pets’ dogs owners. Interactions between the person and the dog were recorded over eight three-minute sessions. Each session varied between the person either petting or praising the dog or both, or having no interaction with the dog.

What did the researchers find? The dogs showed more interest in people who were petting them. Even more surprising, the dogs showed no more interest in spoken praise than in having no interaction with the human at all.

Why would dogs prefer petting over vocal praise? The researchers noted that previous studies showed that dogs’ heart rate and blood pressure were lowered by human petting—similar to the way in which human contact can help human health as well.

Woof!

(Newspaper article published on sept 08, 2014)

So ? Keep petting ! Pet away !!!
Dog: Oh , yeah !
Yeah, so the caption was meant as humor not a way to get a lesson in dog care. I know they like to be petted. Sheesh!
Beth
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

eurmos wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:35 pm Yeah, so the caption was meant as humor not a way to get a lesson in dog care. I know they like to be petted. Sheesh!
Being sarcastic , eurmos ? We usually have :D :D :D or :lol: :lol: :lol: if we like a post and no comment if we don't like it . But there's a first time for everything , unfortunately .
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Dog : I'm so sorry . I farted .
RDA : Don't worry . It's ok . It could happen to anyone of us ...
eurmos

Post by eurmos »

"What do you mean 'dirty old man'? I showered."
Beth
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Who said making love improved your health ?
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

A May-December romance .
Jack : Who are you to judge ? Winter is on my head but eternal spring is in my heart .
Irina

Post by Irina »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's so cute :lol: :lol: :lol:
tvero80 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:00 pm Image

Dog : I'm so sorry . I farted .
RDA : Don't worry . It's ok . It could happen to anyone of us ...
"It's very difficult to say "goodbye" to someone who means so much... "
("To be a Man")
eurmos

Post by eurmos »

Jack:"Yeah, you thought MacGyver could rock an epic mullet. Now THIS is a mullet!"
Beth
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Speaking of mullets ...

Baby : Mommy , mommy ! I want a mullet too!
RDA (to the hairdresser on MacGyver ): See ? I found someone who likes your hairstyle ...but you'll have to be patient .

Boy ( years later ): Cool !!!
RDA : The torch is passed :mrgreen:
Irina

Post by Irina »

On the second picture you need to stick also my photo - I also have a mullet! :P :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"It's very difficult to say "goodbye" to someone who means so much... "
("To be a Man")