THUNK!!

tvero80

Re: THUNK!!

Post by tvero80 »

Irina wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:27 pm
tvero80 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:00 pm Maybe number 7 was taken at the Phoenix Comic Con, 2014 ? They were there together (Nathan Fillion , John Rhys Davies and RDA ,I don't know who the girl is...) and Nathan wore that shirt during the photo ops. JRD's suit is quite similar (though the shirt isn't as colorful on your pic, Kate ). In other words , I'm not sure ...
This girl is Michelle Chapman. She is Fillion's good friend and personal assistant. This photo is in Michelle's Instagram (2014/06/09) :)
You know many things , Irina ;) Does it mean I was right about picture 7 and The Phoenix Comic Con ,then ? I'm glad Nathan Fillion and RDA are friends. Castle refers to MacGyver in one of his episodes but I forgot which one...
Irina

Post by Irina »

tvero80 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:23 pm You know many things , Irina ;) Does it mean I was right about picture 7 and The Phoenix Comic Con ,then ? I'm glad Nathan Fillion and RDA are friends. Castle refers to MacGyver in one of his episodes but I forgot which one...
Thanks, V! In fact, I do not know as many things as I'd like to know. :lol:
I think you're right about the Comic Con in Phoenix in 2014... I also noticed that Nathan was in that shirt. It was June 7-8.
"It's very difficult to say "goodbye" to someone who means so much... "
("To be a Man")
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Thank you for the help, ladies. :)

I've been able now to confirm most of your dates - many thanks. :)

I'm still not sure about #4 and #5. My copies do not have a "date taken" stamp, but they were downloaded/forwarded to me on September 7, 2015, which, I assume, places them before the trip to Australia. I'm still searching on that one.

And #3 with the little frog stuffie is still a mystery. I feel like I've had that on my computer for many many years, so it may date back to the earliest conventions. There was someone who used to bring several stuffies to be in her photo ops, and I thought I had several pictures like this one, but I haven't been able to find the others yet. The blue background and short hair makes me think of Gatecon 2008, so I may have to go with that until I can find otherwise.
tvero80 wrote:I'm glad Nathan Fillion and RDA are friends. Castle refers to MacGyver in one of his episodes but I forgot which one...
Castle referred to MacGyver and RDA a few times during the series, and I always found that amusing. I wasn't sure if that was coming from the writers or from Nathan himself. Then in Toronto 2013, Nathan said during his panel that he had just met Richard Dean Anderson for the first time and he was so excited about it. They must have encountered each other a few more times since then, and then last fall when RDA and I had a chance to catch up, Nathan came up in the conversation, and RDA mentioned that they had become friends. He even showed me a couple of texts Nathan had sent him recently, like a photo of a hummingbird sitting on Nathan's finger. I like the idea of that friendship - they'd be fun together. :)

Kate
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

Amazing photo Image

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
Irina

Post by Irina »

KateR wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:37 pm Thank you for the help, ladies. :)

I've been able now to confirm most of your dates - many thanks. :)
Thank you, dear Kate! We are all very glad to be a little useful for you in your great work!
JackGywer wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:59 pm Amazing photo Image
Really, amazing photo, JK!
Last edited by Irina on Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
("To be a Man")
Irina

Post by Irina »

("To be a Man")
Firefly74

Post by Firefly74 »

KateR wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:35 am Hi! I'm making another momentary interruption in the thread to ask for help again...

I am determined to finally get this Photo Gallery caught up. The first job is to identify, sort, date, and tag thousands of photos, then I can edit and upload them. I'm making good progress and am currently working my way through 2014, but I still have a few pictures that I don't seem to have a date or place or origin for. Does anyone recognize them enough to give a clue?

Hi,
I'm pretty sure no 3 showed up shortly after Gatecon 08.
And no.4 and 5 look similar to a picture I have, which was taken when he was on Paris for the Jules Verne Award.
Firefly74

Post by Firefly74 »

This is from his trip to Paris in 2012.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Firefly74 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:18 pm I'm pretty sure no 3 showed up shortly after Gatecon 08.
And no.4 and 5 look similar to a picture I have, which was taken when he was on Paris for the Jules Verne Award.
Ah! I finally found other pictures from Paris where he is wearing a zipper jacket with the button-tabs on the shoulders. I think you may be right. Thanks!

And for now, I'm sticking the frog stuffie with Gatecon. I wish I could find the other pictures I thought I had of him with this fan's stuffed animals.

I only have a couple more years of cataloguing to do, and then I'll be able to start uploading. I see light at the end of the tunnel!

Kate
Firefly74

Post by Firefly74 »

I think I remember at least one where RDA is biting the ear of a teddy bear. 🤔