ArmageddonExpo 2014

tvero80

Re: ArmageddonExpo 2014

Post by tvero80 »

Well Kti ,at least you have this forum and videos,photos posted.You can share a little bit of his hug ,you are closer.I'm sure many people feel the same. But as I said in a previous post it must be exhausting for him to do what he does in Cons.In Duesseldorf there were so many people lining up, he took some time to speak to everyone and I remember a girl from the staff complaining he spent too much time talking to the fans .Obviously there were problems ,he was late and they had to adapt and they didn't like it...Pathetic!
He may not travel so much in the future but I would advise him(if I'm bold enough to say so) not to accept ANY interview .Some are nice and others are absolutely AWFUL!!!(referring to New Zealand if you saw some of them).He doesn't have to prove anything any more ,he's talented and famous and has many,many fans who ,when he meets them ,show how much they like him so...
I think I digressed from your post Kti ,sorry .
I just hope he can enjoy a quiet life again after this very,very long,exhausting trip to New Zealand.

V
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

I also hope he got some serious rest and relaxation.
I agree that conventions are exausting, cost a lot of money and the time with him is too short, but they are the only chance we have to be able to speak to him, so I think we should be grateful that he still feels like doing them. Besides he wouldn't accept invitations if he didn't want to. He seems to enjoy when he goes in trips.
It's true that some interviewers are terrible, but not all of them, so I hope he won't stop accepting interviews, for those who can't be at conventions, me included. I don't think he accepts them to prove something, he does it for his fans and this shows how caring (and patient) he is.
Claudia
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

You're right C.He accepts invitations mainly for charity but also because he loves travelling and he obviously enjoys meeting fans.They show him how much he is 'loved' and remembered and it warms his heart I'm sure.And we can see and hear him thanks to the photos and videos ,which is very nice too.
What I meant about the interviews is that he doesn't have to give so many of them specially to people who only want to be funny(???) even if it's at his expense.It's silly,useless and sad.He needs to protect himself from harmful journalists (I think).And there are many of them unfortunately.
But I'll perfectly understand if you (or others ) don't agree with me.
Ok I'm the only one...
V
Last edited by tvero80 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

Well, when he accepts an interview he doesn't know what they are goingo to ask or do. Also he has a long experience of funny interviews and I think he can handle journalists. If he doesn't want to say or do something he just says so, like he did some years ago with Jay Leno. I don't remember which interview or which question it was, but I do remember that Jay Leno was insisting for an answer and he told him "I'm not telling you this on national tv" or something like that. So if he could handle Jay Leno I think he can handle any other journalist. If they are jokes (like the tied up interview) they are not real disrespects, just jokes. In fact at the end of that interview he says that it's not the worse interview he has done. But this is just my opinion, I might be wrong.
Claudia
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

I agree with Claudia and I believe too that Rick can perfectly handle any journalist with his incredible sense of humor. I remember also these words that Claudia mentions, from an older interview of Rick's in Jay Leno show. He had said something like "I'm not telling you this on national TV, unless we are on cable, are we? ", or something. And I think, without being a 100% sure, that it was maybe this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB0BbGj7f0c
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

Yes, it is that one, thanks Nicole, I really didn't have the time to look for it. :)
Claudia