Rick Drew talks about Richard Dean Anderson

Beata

Rick Drew talks about Richard Dean Anderson

Post by Beata »

Rick Drew was a head writer for the original MacGyver show. This is what he says about our Rick.

[/Rick Drew
1 hr
With the recent thoughtful note that RDA shared with his fans regarding our current global nightmare, I was reminded of what a thoughtful guy he was while I knew him on the show.

As you can imagine, we had a lot of requests from the MAKE A WISH foundation for set visits from sick kids. Rick was fantastic with them - so genuinely kind. He made a concerted effort to make sure that only the family took photos of him with the kids to make sure they were never exploited or that their visits could be used for promotional photos. He often made a point of calling the kids at home to check in with the family after their visit.

My wife was a teacher at the time; one of her Grade 3 students, Camen, worshiped him, so I made the rare exception of bringing her to set to meet him (only after first asking Rick and getting all the appropriate permissions - you can imagine how many kids wanted to meet MACGYVER!)

Rick could not have been nicer to her. On a lunch break, he spent time with Carmen, showed her all around, and even took her through the wardrobe department. Carmen recognized a t-shirt on a hanger, and being a superfan, she remembered the episode he wore it in! Of course, Rick took it off the hanger and gave it to her to take home. He was, (and is, I am sure), such a genuinely nice, kind person.

SO many celebrities can be jerks - I have worked with many who will remain nameless! But in truth, most of them are kind, professional folks aware of the importance of the people who support their work. RDA is one of the nicest guys I ever worked with - I think it's important to his fans to know what a good person he is.

I Believe this too with all my heart, and I am a good judge of character even though I only met him at conventions!!!! b]
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
ergomac23

Re: Rick Drew talks about Richard Dean Anderson

Post by ergomac23 »

wow that is so beautiful i have heard of many times he showed how much he cares but i still love hearing new stories he is such a sweet humble guy which is why we love him :D :D :D :D :D :D

thank you for sharing this Beata
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Beata wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:55 pm Rick Drew was a head writer for the original MacGyver show. This is what he says about our Rick.

[/Rick Drew
1 hr
With the recent thoughtful note that RDA shared with his fans regarding our current global nightmare, I was reminded of what a thoughtful guy he was while I knew him on the show.

As you can imagine, we had a lot of requests from the MAKE A WISH foundation for set visits from sick kids. Rick was fantastic with them - so genuinely kind. He made a concerted effort to make sure that only the family took photos of him with the kids to make sure they were never exploited or that their visits could be used for promotional photos. He often made a point of calling the kids at home to check in with the family after their visit.

My wife was a teacher at the time; one of her Grade 3 students, Camen, worshiped him, so I made the rare exception of bringing her to set to meet him (only after first asking Rick and getting all the appropriate permissions - you can imagine how many kids wanted to meet MACGYVER!)

Rick could not have been nicer to her. On a lunch break, he spent time with Carmen, showed her all around, and even took her through the wardrobe department. Carmen recognized a t-shirt on a hanger, and being a superfan, she remembered the episode he wore it in! Of course, Rick took it off the hanger and gave it to her to take home. He was, (and is, I am sure), such a genuinely nice, kind person.

SO many celebrities can be jerks - I have worked with many who will remain nameless! But in truth, most of them are kind, professional folks aware of the importance of the people who support their work. RDA is one of the nicest guys I ever worked with - I think it's important to his fans to know what a good person he is.

I Believe this too with all my heart, and I am a good judge of character even though I only met him at conventions!!!! b]

Thank you, Rick Drew (and thanks, Beata) for giving us this account of one of RDA's kind actions. He was and is such a sweetheart!

Thanks again.
B
Beata

Post by Beata »

Your welcome guys, always happy to pass on good news about our RIck.

Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver