New Stargate Movie Trilogy Planned-but no RDA or AT or MS

nicolemj@otenet.gr

Re: New Stargate Movie Trilogy Planned-but no RDA or AT or M

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

bftlovesRDA said:
Unless by some miracle this "trilogy" involves the SG1 cast, I will not watch it - as you say - either in theaters, DVD, or TV. I hope it flops. I apologize to those who are "Stargate" fans. But I am a Richard Dean Anderson fan through and through and don't care about anything that does not involve him playing a big part in it....and that's just the way I am.[/quote]

I agree with you B a 100%. No Stargate movie will have a huge success, unless Rick plays in it the starring role along with the rest of the members of the original SG-1 team, and I believe no one else can be compared to them. I'm an RDA fan all the way.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Hi Nicole - glad you agree. I think it is audacious and rude to say the least for the movie producers to try to build on the spectacular success of Stargate SG1 - which was successful primarily because of the cast - and primarily because of the lead actor in the cast, Richard Dean Anderson (though I realize he was not the only reason - he was the main reason, imho). Now if they want to do another SG1 movie somehow - THAT would be awesome.
B
katann69

Post by katann69 »

My personal guess is that RDA was paid a great deal of money each time he signed a contract and they also paid the others big bucks as well. Keep in mind, to do this means cheaper help and 'YOUNGER' group of actors and actresses to draw in a new group of Stargate followers. I agree, RDA should still be a part of it as I think the show would still be airing had he stayed with the show after the 8th season. He had his great reasons (raising his daughter) and I understand that.

I had a lot of issues with the replacement actor. It wasn't until he said in one show... "A hollygram???" ... That would have been Jack O'Neill talking and he finally loosen up. Took a long time to do that.

I do hope they change their minds and bring the group back.
missmobius

Post by missmobius »

bftlovesRDA wrote:Just read this on GateWorld.com - http://www.gateworld.net/news/2014/05/f ... logy-news/

Look at comments and add your own if you can.

My comment here is I will NEVER go to see a Stargate Movie unless RDA is in it. Period. I hope this Trilogy without him flops. :evil: :evil:

(Obviously, I am not happy that a Stargate movie - let alone a Trilogy - is being planned without the presence of the person who MADE Stargate the tremendous HIT that it was. The original movie was okay, but the TV Series with RDA in the starring role is the ONLY reason Stargate truly became as popular as it has been, IMHO.) :( :(

Other comments are welcome.

P.S. I truly long for the day when Richard Dean Anderson is back on the screen either in Television program or Movie (whenever he is ready to do this. Been waiting for such news. This Stargate Trilogy news - without RDA - cuts like a knife!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
I agree with everything you said! Absolutely Stargate is RDA, no two ways about it, anything called Stargate without RDA IS NOT STARGATE!!!!!

No matter I will not watch any Stargate anything without him in it. Thank goodness for my DVD set, I just keep rewatching them, and it's amazing how I still find new things with every "rewatch". I am so grateful that they put the series out on DVDs. Oh, and just so I don't get "thirsty" for some RDA I also PVR the episodes on the Space Chanel and watch those too. Stargate - best TV around ;)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

missmobius wrote:
bftlovesRDA wrote:Just read this on GateWorld.com - http://www.gateworld.net/news/2014/05/f ... logy-news/

Look at comments and add your own if you can.

My comment here is I will NEVER go to see a Stargate Movie unless RDA is in it. Period. I hope this Trilogy without him flops. :evil: :evil:

(Obviously, I am not happy that a Stargate movie - let alone a Trilogy - is being planned without the presence of the person who MADE Stargate the tremendous HIT that it was. The original movie was okay, but the TV Series with RDA in the starring role is the ONLY reason Stargate truly became as popular as it has been, IMHO.) :( :(

Other comments are welcome.

P.S. I truly long for the day when Richard Dean Anderson is back on the screen either in Television program or Movie (whenever he is ready to do this. Been waiting for such news. This Stargate Trilogy news - without RDA - cuts like a knife!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
I agree with everything you said! Absolutely Stargate is RDA, no two ways about it, anything called Stargate without RDA IS NOT STARGATE!!!!!

No matter I will not watch any Stargate anything without him in it. Thank goodness for my DVD set, I just keep rewatching them, and it's amazing how I still find new things with every "rewatch". I am so grateful that they put the series out on DVDs. Oh, and just so I don't get "thirsty" for some RDA I also PVR the episodes on the Space Chanel and watch those too. Stargate - best TV around ;)
Hi missmobius,

I totally agree with you on everything you said! I will also not watch Stargate anything without RDA in it. And I, too, just keep rewatching the Stargate SG1 episodes on my DVD's - I hope I am not going to wear them out I watch them so much...!
I didn't know they are still replaying episodes of SG on the Space Channel - but I am glad they are. I just am grateful like you to have the series on DVD so I don't have to bother with those pesky commercials on TV and I can watch them whenever I want in whatever order I want.

Thanks for your comments! I am very sorry to think of Stargate without Richard Dean Anderson in it and hope that anything like that flops. :(
B
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Here's the latest on the proposed Stargate trilogy.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=43350

Based on the comments I've seen here and on other fan sites, I agree with the one comment: "After the TV show(s), the only direction left to take this property in is into the depths of parody. It's been so long since the original that the majority of the potential audience have only ever seen repeats of Richard Dean Anderson's show." Although I feel that it should be given a chance until we can form an educated opinion, the potential audience will more than likely compare it with SG-1 (and Atlantis) and seal it's fate.

Just my 2 cents worth (and now back to my cave).
If you can't say anything nice.....

Karyyl

Post by Karyyl »

If they reboot the Stargate movie, I suspect they will hurt themselves but I'm not going to publicly complain because that's mean to a scifi author. We need to give him his chance to be creative. My personal opinion is that if he has a bunch of creative ideas, he should think up a different premise (or even the same one with a different look and name) and make his new stuff into something fresh and new, so that he doesn't invite comparison and criticism. That would be better for the author IMO. But that's something I'm saying while sitting in a reclining chair in my living room, I could be wrong.

If they reboot Stargate SG-1, then they would probably do like Star Trek did with Leonard Nimoy and give a bit part to RDA as a tribute to him (and maybe the others too) I get the impression that's not what the author wants, but it might be what the studio would want. That would be quite a conflict. Guess I'll sit back and watch the sparks fly.
Anne

Post by Anne »

Well, they are not rebooting SG-1. That's never been on the table. What they are going to do is a remake of the original Stargate movie. Until a couple months ago I was under the (false) impression they are going to do a sequel to the original movie, but that's not true either, it'll be a re-boot of the original movie.

I have no idea if it's gonna fly or die, but I would have liked to see where the characters from the original movie are today - opposed to how things went in the show. Like an AU. Doing a remake means they'll do it all over again, just differently? I'm not sure I need a third AU line for Stargate :p But I'll give it a go just out of curiosity.