Galaxy Con in Raleigh NC July 26-28

rjas441

Re: Galaxy Con in Raleigh NC July 26-28

Post by rjas441 »

Bftlovesrda I would love to live in North Carolina. Its so beautiful there. You are so lucky.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thanks, RJ, for the kind words about North Carolina. I have lived here all my life and, yes, I agree with you, it is a beautiful state and I am very blessed to live here.

I hope RDA will have a good experience here. Downtown Raleigh, where the convention will be held, is a very busy place.

Maybe you can move to NC one day.....a LOT of people are doing that! :D :D :D
B
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

What can I say so soon before D day ? First if he travels today I wish RDA a pleasant flight ! AND I wish my dear B ( :D ) , jerseycoconut (and others ? ;) ) a great time in Raleigh !!!! All the wild loyalists are with you ... correction ... will be thinking of you !
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

tvero80 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:32 pm What can I say so soon before D day ? First if he travels today I wish RDA a pleasant flight ! AND I wish my dear B ( :D ) , jerseycoconut (and others ? ;) ) a great time in Raleigh !!!! All the wild loyalists are with you ... correction ... will be thinking of you !
Hi, V.

I join you in wishing and hoping RDA has a good and pleasant flight to Raleigh (the airport is RDU International Airport), The good thing is we don't have any storms in the area today, no rain, no hurricanes :lol: :lol: , so that should make for a good flight at least into our area.

Thanks for the good wishes for a great time! And I know all the Wild Loyalists will be with us in spirit!

Will report back in after Sunday but don't know exactly when I will do it.

Hopefully I will get some photos to share.

Everyone enjoy your weekend!
B
Beata

Post by Beata »

Paul B posted on facebook to stay tuned which usually means they have something in the works. :D If I hear anything I will post.
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

He said "Stay tuned"????

I wonder what that could mean.......

Please do post anything you hear.

Many thanks. :D :D :D
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Well, the first day of the Galaxy Con in Raleigh is over and it was a wonderful day! There is still another day to go but I wanted to write down a "report" about today before I forgot everything..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

First - the crowds were HUGE and the lines were long at every RDA event . He has thousands of loving admiring fans many who came from all over the country to be there to see him.

Second, I was disappointed that the galaxy con people prohibited taking ANY cell phone or other photos while in line to get autographs. Said it was in the contracts of the celebrities so don't even take your cell phones out where they can be seen. So I didn't.

I navigated the complicated Convention hall okay and got to his autograph booth early today. RDA was about 30 minutes late and when he entered he got a huge round of applause from the massive lines of people in queue.

I was third in line so I had to make a decision fast about what I wanted him to autograph. I had brought Kate's book Stargate SG1 the Ultimate Visual Guide for him to sign first which he did. He also said Kate is a sweetheart.....something we all know..... And then I picked a glossy print of him in his Stargate Pose.

Thanks to JK, I also gave him the poem she composed for his 69th birthday which contained the one word descriptions from each of his Wild Loyalist fans here on Kate's website. I showed him a picture of the "Stuttgart 7" and pointed out JK as the author of the poem. He thanked me and said he had too many birthdays!!!! :D :D :D :D

I also welcomed him to Raleigh and thanked him for coming. He said he had been through North Carolina once many years ago on his way to Ft. Lauderdale (a common hang out for college age kids during spring and/or summer break). He asked me which way were the mountains from Raleigh and I got tongue tied but said if you look at a map, ithe mountains are to the left of Raleigh...... *didn't think to say, to the WEST of Raleigh)...:D :D

Later, I was in line for the photo op when who else but Kate herself came over and found me in line...she was also in line for the photo op. I asked her to autograph her book near where RDA had signed it which she did. Then, I gave her a red tshirt like the one I was wearing (Wild Loyalist in white on a red background) and said she was an honorary Wild Loyalist - or the ULTIMATE Wild Loyalist would have been the case.

When I went in for the photo op, RDA said - "There's my wild loyalist...,." :D :D :D And then when I pushed my walker across the room he said, "I have three of these things at my house"....I said, "They come in handy sometimes." (A walker is a metal frame that a person can push in front of them for balance and mine has a seat so it can double as a chair when you need to sit. I use a walker because of two bad knees - well one has been surgically fixed but the other one has not yet had that surgery).

As usual the line for the photo op was at the max. I have no idea if he finished taking photos with all those people. If not, there are more photo ops available tomorrow.

The final event of the day was RDA's Q & A panel. It was also packed. He got most of the same questions. I don't really remember them at all...I just remember that he was so funny as usual and sweet. He cracked us all up. There were several people who were video recording the panel so I am hoping we will find this event online some day soon.

That was the end of my day. I KNOW he had to be exhausted!!! I was worn out but in a good way.

Tomorrow JerseyCoconut is coming to Raleigh and we will go around together. Hopefully she will report in after tomorrow's events at some point.

As everyone has said, Richard Dean Anderson is just a wonderful, kind, funny, sweet man and he makes you feel right at ease. I absolutely LOVED seeing him today - for the first time - in person!!!!! :D :D :D
B
lesliekretchmar

Post by lesliekretchmar »

That's a wonderful report from Galaxy Con, bftlovesRDA! Thank you, SO MUCH, for sharing! And, I'm glad you got to see and talk to Kate, too! It's confusing: Paul Brown posted a message to fans on Facebook (it was after RICon and before Wales, I think), that photos were allowed, but not gifts; and at RICon security came after me with a vengance! I'm sorry you didn't get to snap any photos of your own, because I was able to at Fanboy Expo/Knoxville ComicCon (...finally!)
Have a wonderful time, tomorrow, and thanks, again :heart:
ImageWith a little imagination, anything is possible"
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

lesliekretchmar wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:11 am That's a wonderful report from Galaxy Con, bftlovesRDA! Thank you, SO MUCH, for sharing! And, I'm glad you got to see and talk to Kate, too! It's confusing: Paul Brown posted a message to fans on Facebook (it was after RICon and before Wales, I think), that photos were allowed, but not gifts; and at RICon security came after me with a vengance! I'm sorry you didn't get to snap any photos of your own, because I was able to at Fanboy Expo/Knoxville ComicCon (...finally!)
Have a wonderful time, tomorrow, and thanks, again :heart:
Hi, Leslie - (am awake for a little while....too excited to sleep soundly.,...) Thank you for your kind words. And, yes, it was so disappointing to not be able to take photos while in line at the autograph session. Thanks for the good wishes!
B
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

bftlovesRDA wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:52 am I showed him a picture of the "Stuttgart 7"

As everyone has said, Richard Dean Anderson is just a wonderful, kind, funny, sweet man and he makes you feel right at ease. I absolutely LOVED seeing him today - for the first time - in person!!!!! :D :D :D
Hi East America... Soon the next round for the convention in Raleigh. Thanks for sharing your experience.
B... you kidding me with "Stuttgart 7"... I prefer thinking we were the 7 Wonders of the World rather the 7 dwarfs and Snow White... :lol: :lol: (just kidding). Paul still knew also the Stuttgart 7. You will can show the picture too. I speak on my behalf but probably all Stuttgart 7 are behind you. Just tell them a big hello and big hug.

About the cell phone, it was not allowed to take photos in Lyon in September. In Utrecht, it was very difficult to take some photos in the queue. It was very surprising all what we were allowed to do in Stuttgart. Really. As already wrote and told, each convention is different...

But the most important, B,.... yeahhhhhh Mister Anderson is exactly as we all describe, and now you know

So just enjoy. Have a beautiful day with Jersey and perhaps others fans that you will meet.
And if you will see again Kate, just best greets from me.