Comic Con Germany Stuttgart 29/30 June

bftlovesRDA

Re: Comic Con Germany Stuttgart 29/30 June

Post by bftlovesRDA »

JK, yes, as V said, take your time. But I can't wait to read your account in the forum of your experience!

And, Caty, thank you for your report. So glad you had such a wonderful time! Thanks again for your report.

Love it that all of you Wild Loyalists met up and enjoyed the event together.

Very nice!
B
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

I'll try to reproduce my experiences.
First of all, I would like to say that I met the best troupe you could wish for and would not want to miss a minute, even though some things could have gone better, at least from my side.
There was a point that day, I wondered, is today Friday the 13th? For me it was!
At first we were at the autographs, everything seemed fine, we had fun in the queue. Then it was my turn to give my picture what I had designed myself. He looked at it and said, that's magnific and I got the blackout of my life at that moment. I was in a state of shock and could not speak a single word, neither in English nor in German. Embarrassing!! The Con employee next to him said RDA wanted to know if I had draw it. God, I understood him, but could not react. Somehow we then managed to get him to understand that it is a edited image.
Can it even get worse?
Yes, it got worse!
He asked where he should sign, the space was quite limited, I have to admit, but it was possible. He asked if he should sign on the back and I said "NO", panicked, still in shock. He thought it was a pity to sign at the front site.
I tapped wildly with my finger in the upper corner, where he should write the dedication and he understood. Then I pointed down to the left where he should sign. He did it. I thought it would be good if the ground opened up ..........to devour me :? :roll:
While he was signing I actually found my voice again :)
He gave me the photo and I pulled a copy out of my pocket and said I had a copy for him. He was really happy, thanked me so much and said "I did not want to ask"
LOL
When I wanted to leave, he said my name again, just wanted a confirmation that the name was correct. I repeated my name again to confirm. He was so nice, I do not want to know what he thought of that scene. In retrospect, I find it funny, but when I stood there, I could have screamed.

The first photo shoot did not go well either. I took a picture with a friend in a costume.
 However, it was such a mess in the shoot, it all went much too fast. The photographer did the picture, for my part I was not ready yet. Absolute NO GO!
You pay a lot of money for it and the photos should be good, this was nothing !!
I was pretty angry about it. Then the picture was made only once, instead of twice and printed only once and another pic twice. I was not happy.

At least I had the opportunity to take many pictures while waiting for the autographs and at the panel. I sent all photos to Kate. Despite everything, I had a lot of fun and would not miss the day, gained experience, worth something.
The resume for day two will follow tomorrow ................ From my point of view, it can only get better! It will be :)

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
Beata

Post by Beata »

J.W. it is such a nice autograph photo and I am sure he loved it, I feel bad for you that you were so shocked and could not speak !! :o Did he remember you from the last time you saw him? When I was in the cue I watched him with others and said to myself, he is just a regular guy, nothing to worry about and I was fine, I found I talked to him like I knew him all my life and sometimes I feel like I do because of all the wonderful information Kate has given us through this website. I am certain it was not as bad as you thought it seemed. If you ever get another chance just take a deep breath and remember he is just a guy sweating a lot. LOL. Remember the Q&A :lol:
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Jk - thanks for telling about your experiences! And for showing us the photo that RDA autographed!!!! So nice!!!

Even though some of the time it wasn't so good for you, as you say you will never forget the time with your friends or with RDA!

Can't wait to hear about Day 2!
B
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

Beata wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:58 pm J.W. it is such a nice autograph photo and I am sure he loved it, I feel bad for you that you were so shocked and could not speak !! :o Did he remember you from the last time you saw him? When I was in the cue I watched him with others and said to myself, he is just a regular guy, nothing to worry about and I was fine, I found I talked to him like I knew him all my life and sometimes I feel like I do because of all the wonderful information Kate has given us through this website. I am certain it was not as bad as you thought it seemed. If you ever get another chance just take a deep breath and remember he is just a guy sweating a lot. LOL. Remember the Q&A :lol:
I can not say what it was that I was so flashed this time. No idea, I actually know that he is very relaxed and adorable. I know, that he liked the picture, he wanted to have a copy, but he did not want to ask :lol: :lol:
I had a copy of this picture for him because I know he likes such pictures ;)
And he was very thankful for that :oops:

J.K.
Beata

Post by Beata »

I can not say what it was that I was so flashed this time. No idea, I actually know that he is very relaxed and adorable. I know, that he liked the picture, he wanted to have a copy, but he did not want to ask :lol: :lol:
I had a copy of this picture for him because I know he likes such pictures ;)
And he was very thankful for that :oops:
I am glad he liked your picture J.W.
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

A supplement to Saturday. The panel was as always, always the same! Frequently asked questions and answers, but I really enjoyed seeing him on stage.
In the panel we met another RDA fan, who noticed that we are also RDA fans and he showed us his tattoos. He had a MacGyver tattoo on one breast and a Murdoc tattoo on the other breast. I asked him if I could take a picture and he allowed me. I want to show you that.

I'm not a fan of tattoos, at least not on my own body, but that somehow mesmerized me and I had to be careful not to stare at him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then my son was also with me and of course he wanted to meet again RDA. Autograph and photo. He enjoyed it like the first time :lol:

RDA liked his shirt :D

J.K.
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

Sunday: A dream of a day ...... There was trouble right at the beginning. Suddenly it was said, RDA may only make dedications to the photosession photos, I thought I would have to go crazy !! This time I had my collage with me, on the Amanda Tapping had signed, of course, with dedication. Thanks again to Karine for the kindness to bring me the autograph from Wales. Love you sweetie!
Well, it did not help anything, it was like that now and you'd think they would enforce it completely. Later I learned, some got a dedication to their own pictures.
I begrudge this to everyone, but you should treat everyone the same. I did not like that. Sure, some people tried and some succeeded. Still, it's not right! We all pay the same price for the autograph.
I wanted to get rid of that because I was very angry about that!!
Anyway, I gave him my collage and he stared at her, not seeing the autograph of Amanda at all. He just looked at the collage itself and then said, "You are very artistic." I thanked him for the compliment (i could speak ..... lol)
Then he started to sign and suddenly stopped. Apparently he had noticed the scribble (Amanda's autograph) in the upper corner.
He looked at me and asked if I had met her and I told him "No, a friend got it for me in Wales."
Then he said sweetly "Now it is complete", it sounded more like a question.............I had the feeling that he rather would like to have it dedicated........
I said "Yes, now it is complete", thanked him bravely and
courageously gave him my hand to say goodbye.
He took it, that made me really happy.

Since Amanda already signed with my name, so it was okay for me ;)

J.K.
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

Then there were the photos, I had sworn, this time it will be fine and it was fine. I had a lot of fun. Our wild troupe had decided to take group pictures and it was just great. Seven different photos, seven absolutely great pictures. Maybe you will learn more about it ;)
It was fun, fun,fun :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My Single-photo:
When it was my turn, I just grabbed him and embraced him courageously, he let it happen and hugged me too .......... I melted ......... then, was I called back, eyes closed in the photo, as so often. I can not laugh at photos, then I always close my eyes.
So I did the same thing again, I hugged him that way again and he hugged me very tight this time. I had my hands all around him, he felt so soft and cuddly ........ :oops:
I loved it.
When we were done he said "Thank you, dear", God, I melted away and thanked him for it.
Mega experience :D

J.K.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Wow, wow, wow !!! :D Thank you VERY much for the account , J and thanks for sharing your photos !