Wales Comic Con on April 27/28, 2019.

rjas441

Re: Wales Comic Con on April 27/28, 2019.

Post by rjas441 »

WOW, I love everyone's photos. Jack(s) you & hubby have awsome cosplay outfits. Jen85 love your pics. I really enjoyed reading everyone's accounts of meeting RDA. Thanks for posting.
Beata

Post by Beata »

Thanks Veronica, new convention experiences always remind me of mine, can't help it. :D
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

rjas441 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:53 am WOW, I love everyone's photos. Jack(s) you & hubby have awsome cosplay outfits. Jen85 love your pics. I really enjoyed reading everyone's accounts of meeting RDA. Thanks for posting.
thanks, if someone wants to do the same, I have a list. 31 items to complete the whole outfit.
I enjoy reading every ones experience. it so nice to hear all the good story's. makes the world a bit more a happy place
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA
louby1980

Post by louby1980 »

Jack(s) wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:06 pm
tvero80 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:03 pm
Jack(s) wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 8:54 pm
my next con is in June in germany
. so far there was no way to get my weapons over. kevin found a way now. so can have my full sg1 uniform in Germany. don't need any other cosplay. what I will by additional is the jacket they have on. and than it should be a bit warmer 😁
So you're going to Stuttgart too , Jack(s) ? I didn't know that ! Lucky you ! :)
nope, unfortunately not. going to Fed Con. Jonas Quinn is coming and another one of my childhood hero's. but my biggest and longest i have meet. I think I watched Mac the first time in 91 so I was about 10 years old... fan ever since....
I have met Corin Nemec a couple of times he is such a friendly sweet inviting guy....dare I say I enjoyed meeting him more than rick? Yes I dare. I have met all the Stargate Atlantis cast....Joe Flanigan is also a sweet guy to meet...on par with corin...Joe and corin are defo in my top 5 of favourite people I have met...Met Chris judge...not had any interest in meeting Amanda or michael
Beata

Post by Beata »

thanks, if someone wants to do the same, I have a list. 31 items to complete the whole outfit.
I enjoy reading every ones experience. it so nice to hear all the good story's. makes the world a bit more a happy place
Jack's it certainly does make the world a happier place when people share pleasantries. 31 items for the cosplay Wow! Is that just for one outfit?The costumes were great, I bet you guys had big fun, I am happy for you that it was appreciated by both Amanda and Rick. Awesome.
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

yep, 31 items is 1 outfit, put it all together took about 2 month and the pleasure of watching stargate sg1. Oh believe me we had lots of fun walking around like that. 2 security guards loved our weapons and one wanted a photo with us... One guy under all this fans did asked us if we where from sg1 cosplay, we said yes and grind our faces off, he lifted his thumb and told us we nailed it. Pure feeling of joy if you get a compliment like that and later the comments of Rick and Amanda just made totally my day...

it is finally on my wall, so happy with it
RDA
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

louby1980 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:02 pm
I have met Corin Nemec a couple of times he is such a friendly sweet inviting guy....dare I say I enjoyed meeting him more than rick? Yes I dare. I have met all the Stargate Atlantis cast....Joe Flanigan is also a sweet guy to meet...on par with corin...Joe and corin are defo in my top 5 of favourite people I have met...Met Chris judge...not had any interest in meeting Amanda or michael
Top five ? Can you tell us about the others, Louby ? (if it's ok ?)
A meeting requires many factors to be fulfilling . The con they attend is important ( I think the actors are more relaxed in small cons , and /or if they don't have too many fans , they take more time with them ) . They need to like the fans, I mean feel comfortable with them (I don't think Michael feels comfortable with fans) ...and maybe after a while there's some kind of routine if they attend too many (they have lost the pleasure of discovering they 're famous and willing to show the fans that they're grateful ). Hope you understand what I mean, and agree ... :?
But you might find other reasons too ;)

What a wall , Jack(s) ! :D I know the feeling, I have a shrine at home too !
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

you are probably right with the to many attended cons. my husband is a big Treki. he got lots of pics with stars from star trek. hardly any of them are smiling. for the fan it self it's a shame. lots of money spend and no smile from your hero.... hope that makes sense now

[/quote]
[/quote]

is it possible for you to post it? i really want to see it
RDA
Beata

Post by Beata »

Jack's your wall looks great. I seem to have a whole room with pics and trinkets, and more to come in July.

Too bad about Shanks and the Startrek actors, they are 'actors' for heaven's sake they could have faked it for a little while, they are getting paid after all. :lol: If their hearts are not in it they should not bother.

It is obvious that with all the con's Rick attends he is very into the whole fan scene. Which is nice for us and him.
louby1980

Post by louby1980 »

tvero80 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:10 pm
louby1980 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:02 pm
Top five ? Can you tell us about the others, Louby ? (if it's ok ?)
A meeting requires many factors to be fulfilling . The con they attend is important ( I think the actors are more relaxed in small cons , and /or if they don't have too many fans , they take more time with them ) . They need to like the fans, I mean feel comfortable with them (I don't think Michael feels comfortable with fans) ...and maybe after a while there's some kind of routine if they attend too many (they have lost the pleasure of discovering they 're famous and willing to show the fans that they're grateful ). Hope you understand what I mean, and agree ... :?
But you might find other reasons too ;)

1. Paul O'Grady..met him several times(not at cons..in his days of lily savage...met him at stage door...in the pub lol) he is down to earth and loves talking to his fans...he even bought me a drink n chatted for ages to me...what u see on the TV is Paul O'Grady... He doesn't put any fakeness on.
2.Corin Nemec...lovely guy..takes time to appreciate his fans..a total sweetheart.
3. Joe flanigan...again takes time to appreciate his fans and so sweet.
4.Dirk Benedict... What can I say. .a big flirt but friendly with it...he's a talker n will talk for ages with u n always has a hug for u.
5.Dwight Schultz...a bit shy but another one who loves and appreciates his fans...had a great meet with him...he gave me the biggest hug.

If I had a top 10 I would put rick at 6. 😊
Last edited by louby1980 on Mon May 06, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.