Dutch Comic Con

karinedauphin

Re: Dutch Comic Con

Post by karinedauphin »

Hi everybody,
I was also in Dutch Comic Con.
It was an amazing day !! All perfect...
And a big special thank you to Annelies and Ilana for her patience and traduction. Sorry girls, my dutch is miserable :lol: :lol:

So I will try to put some photos.... oh... oh... oh ...

Dominique (frenchwriter), I made all the day a big promotion for your book, because I had it in my hands. And many people ask me informations... So perhaps new orders soon... :D :D

Beata

Post by Beata »

Thanks Sandrine for the photo's. He looks good but a bit tired. Poor guy, he is a real trooper !

love,
Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Beata wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:08 pm Annelies did he get our book?? Did he love it??

love,
Beata
Yes Beata, he did, and I want to say to you all... So did Judith and I, what a beautiful messages we recieved, it was really touching...
He didn't looked directly in to it, but I opened it and showed a bit and he was touched when I told him we all thought about him.
;)
Lots of love,

Lies

Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Now my full report...At last!!! ;)

Saturday 24 november...

I arrived and immediatly met JK at the first hall before we could get in to the main halls of the con.
Later we met FireFly to, it was great!

When the doors opened we went to the autographs first.. It was a bit strange cause we had to stand in line first to pay for the autograph, then go back in another line to get the autograph from Rick.. I asked the volunteer next to Paul how long it would take, cause 11:15 the Q&A started, and it was almost 10:40.. and a big line for autographs..
Paul and Rick were also confused and luckily it changed later that day, appearently cause they said something about it but it was nice to stand so close to him talking to the volunteer.. We decided to get an autograph later and already sit down for the q&a..

So then it was time for the Q&A...

He mentioned the fires when the interviewer welcomed him. "Oh I'm ok, survived the fires, now in a jetlag, but further, yes, I am ok..."
I was the second in line for a question and I tried to start with saying that we, the fans of rdanderson.com were glad he was safe, but I stumbled a bit and the sound wasn't that good, he had trouble hearing us..
Then I asked what the most dangerous stunt was during MacGyver (a better question didn't came up :roll:)
He mentioned riding the horse on the beach at the thief of budapest and that he was pissed that Steve could do the nice job and he had to get off the horse when they lifted him up a view meters and yelled CUT..
There was also a question about wich bad guy he would let survive at Stargate SG1, he answered that would be Ba'al..
He got a question about the new MacGyvershow and said he didn't like it at all.. He got an applause and I yelled Whoohoo..
He said "now I didn't mean that in a mean way!, but I don't approve the show, it isn't what it was.. My character had to search for solutions and solve the problems.. Here you see 4 fragments and boom the solution is there... It isn't like that at all.."
He was ending with saying that his president was a ........ and a ....... and they were working on it to get him away and excused for his behaviour and he was so ashamed..
He got a big applause

During the Q&A he walked to the big stereo at the side of the podium and listened to the question from there.. probably louder or something.. He only forgot to get his mic out of the way so it was a loud peeeeeeeeeeeeep :lol:

I hope the full Q&A will come online, that would be great...
My head is so full of things right now, I think I forget a view things, but It will pop up and will follow later ;)
Also was making photo's (just 103 yesterday and today :D ) so my attention was a way sometimes

Then the photoshoot..
I went to him, he looked at me with my 1.58, bended his knees, wrapped his arm around me and smiled.. Cheek to cheek.
I smiled, photo was made and wanted to walk away, just flabbergasted, but he hold me, pulled me back a bit and said: "Wait, look how beautiful it is!" There was a big screen in front of us, wich I didn't notice, duh ;).. Held my arm for a long time during my leaving saying "it is beautiful" again..
The photographer gave me the photo of JK and I looked a bit surprised, cause she was in line after me, unfortunately I didn't have to go again, he found it on his desk...

After the photoshoot we went to get autographs..
I gave him the book with the messages and told him again that we were so glad he was safe and well and we were really worried about him...He was so glad with it and appreciated it that we thought about him. He knew I was coming, Kate let him know, he mentioned that.
Then he signed my photo.

I made him a Say what collage and a quote collage but didn't give him, cause I didn't want to spoil his attention for the messages of all of you..So I had to go back a little later, poor me ;)
Told him that we are a warm and caring family around here with laughter (Say Whats and he was the subject) and caring for eachother (Quotes)..
He laughed when he read the Say Whats and was so glad with them, he loved them..
I also asked him then if he visited rdanderson.com sometimes or read our posts.. He mentioned that Kate was a bit out of the loop on the moment, but he would be visiting more when he got electricity back on, and he was already visiting more before the fires he said.. I don't think he was reading the posts, just the messages in the guestbook, if I understood him well.
Then I also said that I understood that there were people who wanted to do something for him, it was in the messages also, so i asked him if he had any idea how we could help.
He said there was a good insurance and it wasn't necessary for the people there, there was enough stuff and money..
He really liked the gesture... Shook my hand warmly and said so nice, god bless you my dear.

You know, the moment you meet him.. At first I was a bit shakey, couldn't get the words out of my mouth, but after that it was just going as a train ;) I really had nice short conversations with him several times
Last edited by Annelies on Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of love,

Lies

Annelies

Post by Annelies »

This is the say what collage I gave him.. I let Kate check it out first to be sure that there wasn't any say what that make him feel ashamed or what ever....

I also asked her at the chat saturday what to do with his answer about the donation. If there are people who want to help, you could seek for the first responders to the fire, the ones who are doing so much work right now to help out others and get the practical work done.. They are making lots of hours. ;)
Kate, please correct me if I'm wrong,thank you..
Last edited by Annelies on Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of love,

Lies

ergomac23

Post by ergomac23 »

annelies what a beautiful story it sounds like you had a great time and i love the collage :D :D
i found this on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF3JLmlAZ70
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Sunday 25 november..

I met NiLa, JK, Karine and other fans.. We had so much fun together!!

And we met.. Oh, right Rick.. :P

Went to the autographs first and got a Jack photo.. He recognized me directly, Paul also.. Are you here again? Yes sir, I am.. Yesterday he got a box of dutch macaroons, google translate just told me that "Bitterkoekjes" are "Macaroons", but I see that in a different way.. They aren't sweet but bitter.... He told the guy before me that he didn't had such a nice experience with dutch cookies, so I decided to buy him "stroopwafels" this morning and gave them to him when he signed my photo... "Pour Moi???" Told him I wanted him to have a good experience with dutch cookies.. He asked if there was chocolate in it, I said there wasn't.. "Then I think I'll like it", he didn't see them before.. And had the oppertunity to ask him one quick question..Why he didn't evacuate and turned back home.. He said he turned back home cause he wanted to try to save his home.. All the personal belongings, computer, photo's, everything would be gone when he would go away... That was the reason why he didn't leave.. He told a bit more during the M&G, I heared, but I wasn't there..

The photoshoot was great to..
Mentioned I was here again and he was like "Yeah, where were you!!??" He hold me, I leaned against his chest and a arm around me.. Told him I was a fan for more then 25 years now and thanked him for the photo.. Said I would meet him again at the Q&A..

Again the sound wasn't that good, he went to the stereo several times (filmed it, ;) )

There was a question about what his hobby's were.. He mentioned the formule one, riding his big BMW motorcycle.
A girl asked what happened to the dogs wich were in Legend after they stopped the series..
He told us that the dogs were adopted by people of the crew, and that they were taking care of.
He said probably nobody would know what he was talking about.. We did yelled a bit and he said, "yeah, three people do.."
a question if he knew how to hockey cause in MacGyver he did a great job.. He mentioned he wanted to be a profhockyer..
A girl asked him to say Magnets like he said in the window of oppertunity like Jack did there.. But he didn't understand it I guess. He said magnets, but in a usual way..He was a bit confused by the question I think..
There was one guy asking how it was to work with Dana Elcar and if it was difficult when he got blind.. He thanked the guy with the question and that he remembered him.. It was hard to work with it, but they made the best out of it during the shows.
Again the question about the new MacGyver series..

And more questions, but there are other people who want to tell about it also, so I think I'll stop here, and please correct me if I wasn't specific enough or wrong about something, JK, Karine, NiLa... Just let me know and correct me please ;)
Lots of love,

Lies

BarbaraB

Post by BarbaraB »

Lies, thank you so much for your posts. I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. :) I loved RDA's answers and comments! It must have been a relief to him to get away from Malibu for a short time, even if it was a long and tiring trip.

And thank you also to everyone else who posted about the week-end.
Barbara
lesliekretchmar

Post by lesliekretchmar »

Yes! Thank you all for keeping us in the Utrecht loop! I can't get enough of RDA and his appearances and RDA in general! Thank you for sharing :heart:
ImageWith a little imagination, anything is possible"
Beata

Post by Beata »

Thank you so much Annelies for the very descriptive narrative about what RDA said and the experiences you had with him, how exciting, I can't seem to get enough of Rick either, I am thrilled that he is coming to Knoxville Tennessee in the states in July. I already bought my ticket and my hotel close to the convention. The collage was great, now I know what the 'say what' is all about, I was a bit confused when I saw it and did not know what to say.

I hope they put the Q&A on youtube so we can enjoy it too, usually the cons do that, I am surprised that the RICC did not put one up.

I just feel that it will lift his spirits to read all the written messages from all of us, I hope he feels all the love that we have for him.

I can't blame him for not wanting to loss all his photo's, and various personal possessions in his house that mean something to him, even though it was dangerous, he is very smart and knew what he was doing it sounds.

So glad you all had such a great time, you will be smiling and thinking about it forever, I know I am still thinking about Toronto and have wonderful memories and pics. Good job you guys ((((((( big hug ))))))).
love,
Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver