Dutch Comic Con

NiLa

Re: Dutch Comic Con

Post by NiLa »

karinedauphin wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:47 am Have a beautiful day to everyone

I leave my town in few minutes. I will in Utrecht in 4 hours.....
Happy to meet you, girls, and happy to be in Dutch ComicCon
See you later
:D :D :D
Karine
Sitting in the train right now.
I will arrive at 11.30...Sorry no coffee. I have JK's number, will contact her, she hopefully is with Lies and then we'll meet.

Puhhhh. :D
Annelies wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:21 am Image
(my MacGyverd shirt says Proud to be a Wild Loyalist www.rdanderson.com) ;)

I had such a fantastic story wrote down.. And it just dissapeared when I wanted to submit it... In the mean time I was also chatting.. I guess that was the failure in this case.. I promise you I will give you a story tomorrow morning but for now a few photo's..
Lies...amazing photos. Can't wait for your story. And for you :lol:

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

I will be and we will meet you there ;) take it easy..
Lots of love,

Lies

tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Thank you for the pics , Lies . You are beaming ! :)

Today's programme :
10am-11.15am : autographs

12.15pm- 1pm : autographs
2pm-3pm: photos
3.15pm-4pm:Q&A panel
4pm-5pm:autographs

The autograph tickets are sold on the spot so I suppose the times may vary according to their number , still ... very, very busy !

By the way , I know he doesn't care much about awards but (since he's going to a con in Hollywood in February) don't you think RDA deserves a star on the walk of fame too ?
grainofsand

Post by grainofsand »

Thank you for these photos and have a great day today as well.
tvero80 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:27 am By the way , I know he doesn't care much about awards but (since he's going to a con in Hollywood in February) don't you think RDA deserves a star on the walk of fame too ?
Indeed, he deserves a star. But since celebrities have to ask and pay for their stars, I'm not sure he'll ever ask for it.

Sandrine
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

grainofsand wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:56 am
tvero80 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:27 am By the way , I know he doesn't care much about awards but (since he's going to a con in Hollywood in February) don't you think RDA deserves a star on the walk of fame too ?
Indeed, he deserves a star. But since celebrities have to ask and pay for their stars, I'm not sure he'll ever ask for it.

Sandrine
In that case , there's very little chance he'll ever get one , you're right . Funny you have to ask and pay to be remembered in Hollywood...
grainofsand

Post by grainofsand »

From the Hollywood Walk of fame's website :
"the fee is $40,000 and it goes towards the cost of promotion, star ceremony, and future upkeep"
lesliekretchmar

Post by lesliekretchmar »

Lots of love to you Lies and JK! :heart: Thanks for your posts - you're awesome! Can't wait for your stories, too!
ImageWith a little imagination, anything is possible"
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Several years ago, I tried to submit his name for a star. First, you must have the celebrity's permission, and his promise that he will accept it and attend the ceremony, and it took several years of trying to get RDA to agree to it. By then it was toward the end of Stargate and he was getting ready to retire - he probably would have had a better chance during the late-MacGyver or early-Stargate days, since these stars are often used for publicity to promote a new movie, or series, or album, or whatever.

Anyway, I put together a very professional application package, including a DVD of film clips, glossy pictures, and a full biography and filmography. I even got letters of endorsement from Brad Wright and Henry Winkler to include.

The person submitting the application is responsible for guaranteeing that the fee for the star will be paid. At the time, the cost was about $15,000, and I was willing to take the risk because I figured fans would help with a portion of it and MGM might step in for part of it as a promotion for Stargate, and I could afford to cover the rest.

I submitted the application for about three years in a row, but he was never selected. By then the price had gone up to $25,000, and he had retired, so I wasn't willing to take the risk of having to pay the full $25,000 out of my own pocket if fans and MGM didn't step up. So I stopped submitting. By now it is far too expensive unless a studio is going to cover the cost of an application. And he has been out of the public eye for so long that it is even less likely than before that he would be selected.

Kate
lesliekretchmar

Post by lesliekretchmar »

Thank you, Kate, for all of your work and dedication to RDA and his fans! I wonder if the restaurants, hotels and other attractions in the location of the walk of fame would help defray the cost...I can't think of another actor that made such an impact 1985 - 1997!!...just saying...
Last edited by lesliekretchmar on Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageWith a little imagination, anything is possible"
grainofsand

Post by grainofsand »

Thank you Kate for all these details. The prices have really gone crazy since it's now $40,000. :o