Dutch Comic Con

karinedauphin

Re: Dutch Comic Con

Post by karinedauphin »

fine, thanks Vero.
it is my photo.. but I have to learn...

OK... this photo... it was on the highway to Utrecht... some particular fans probably ?

:D :lol: :lol:
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

well !! Finally after... 1028 tries.... just something stupid from me....So.... jetzt geht's los.... So Now here we are... I finally can play the same game than all of you ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

yeahhhhhh, I got it !!!
So I can go sleep and tomorrow, you will have a miracle !!
Have a good night
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

Boy, you are so fast with your reports and pictures. Man, I can't do that so fast...

But better late than never, here is my report.

I decided very spontaneously, on Thursday afternoon, to go to DCC. In October there was an ICE (German long distance train) on fire on it's way between Frankfurt and Cologne, the tracks were damaged by the fire and had to be repaired. So I could not find a good working train connection to Utrecht, and as I had an important appointment on Saturday morning, that I couldn't miss, and the costs would have exploded if I had tried to stay there overnight, I decided not to go. :(

And then I heard in the news, the repairs had been completed and the direct trains were going again. :o
I checked the trains, I checked the tickets, everything avaiable and I called my husband if he could take care of the kids alone on Sunday, because I would have a REALLY important date on Sunday. He did and so my dream could come true. After the Fedcon disaster in May it was the best chance to finally meet HIM :oops:

So on Sunday, 6.35am, I started via train to Utrecht. I arrived at 11.30 am and went to DCC.

I called JK by phone to tell her I was there and we met directly at the entrance. She was with Lies (Karine and Ilana were at the M&G at the time) and we hugged as if we would have been long known friends.

Then JK and Lies showed me around as they had been there on Saturday already and I had the first impressions of my ever first Comic Con.

Then we met Karine and Ilana and they told us about their M&G experience. Ilana even had her second M&G, she had been there on Saturday, too.

Unfortunately JK and her son had to leave very soon (but not before we took the Wild Loyalists group picture) and then we took the opportunity of a very small line at the autographs to get ours.

I paid for my two autographs and chose two different photos. You had to tell the volunteer the name and she wrote it on a little paper and put it on the chosen photo and gave it to Paul Brown who was sitting left of her. In the last second I chose another photo, snatched the paper with my name from Paul and put it on another photo. He looked a bit suprised, but said nothing.

And then it was my turn. I explained RDA what to write on the first autograph (as it was not for me) and then I told him that it was such an honour to meet him and that I had to wait 30 years to meet him at last. He looked at me and asked: What took you so long? Then he took my hand and I said that we'll meet an hour later at the photobooth and he said that he was looking forward it. Oh man....I was so stunned. This guy is so nice and friendly and sweet, I heard it so often by so many people who already met him, but to experience it myself was absolutly great.

Then we had some time left before the photo op. We were there in time, so we were among the first ones to take the photos. I came in and he immediately took me in his arm and I wasn't nervous anymore. Way too quick the photo was shot and I had to leave. He took a look at the monitor, checked if the photo was fine and then he said a quick good bye and the moment was over.

But I will never forget it. :D :D :D

After the photo we had some time before the Q&A panel, so we went to the Stargate Legend booth and did some shopping and then went back to the main stage. There (thanks to Karine and Ilana) we got very good seats in the second row behind the VIPs.

When RDA came onto the stage all people applauded and whohoooed. I think I don't have to tell anything more about the panel, as you can see it in the many clips and all before me have written so much about it.

After the panel Karine said her good byes and had to leave. Lies and I walked another round through the halls and then it was time to leave as the Con was soon closing.

Lies helped me to get safely through the very strange barriers an Utrecht Centraal train station (thanks again Lies, I am in your debt) :lol: and then her train left. I was on my train one and a half hour later and came home at 23.30.

But I was so excited I couldn't sleep until 1.00 am.

It has been a wonderful day. Thanks to RDA and thanks to JK, Lies, Karine and Ilana.

Thank you girls, The Wild Loyalists are the best. It has been a pleasure to meet you all in person and I hope we will meet again....soon. :lol: :lol:

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

And here are some pictures...

Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

NiLa wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:46 pm Boy, you are so fast with your reports and pictures. Man, I can't do that so fast...

But better late than never, here is my report.

I decided very spontaneously, on Thursday afternoon, to go to DCC. In October there was an ICE (German long distance train) on fire on it's way between Frankfurt and Cologne, the tracks were damaged by the fire and had to be repaired. So I could not find a good working train connection to Utrecht, and as I had an important appointment on Saturday morning, that I couldn't miss, and the costs would have exploded if I had tried to stay there overnight, I decided not to go. :(

And then I heard in the news, the repairs had been completed and the direct trains were going again. :o
I checked the trains, I checked the tickets, everything avaiable and I called my husband if he could take care of the kids alone on Sunday, because I would have a REALLY important date on Sunday. He did and so my dream could come true. After the Fedcon disaster in May it was the best chance to finally meet HIM :oops:

So on Sunday, 6.35am, I started via train to Utrecht. I arrived at 11.30 am and went to DCC.

I called JK by phone to tell her I was there and we met directly at the entrance. She was with Lies (Karine and Ilana were at the M&G at the time) and we hugged as if we would have been long known friends.

Then JK and Lies showed me around as they had been there on Saturday already and I had the first impressions of my ever first Comic Con.

Then we met Karine and Ilana and they told us about their M&G experience. Ilana even had her second M&G, she had been there on Saturday, too.

Unfortunately JK and her son had to leave very soon (but not before we took the Wild Loyalists group picture) and then we took the opportunity of a very small line at the autographs to get ours.

I paid for my two autographs and chose two different photos. You had to tell the volunteer the name and she wrote it on a little paper and put it on the chosen photo and gave it to Paul Brown who was sitting left of her. In the last second I chose another photo, snatched the paper with my name from Paul and put it on another photo. He looked a bit suprised, but said nothing.

And then it was my turn. I explained RDA what to write on the first autograph (as it was not for me) and then I told him that it was such an honour to meet him and that I had to wait 30 years to meet him at last. He looked at me and asked: What took you so long? Then he took my hand and I said that we'll meet an hour later at the photobooth and he said that he was looking forward it. Oh man....I was so stunned. This guy is so nice and friendly and sweet, I heard it so often by so many people who already met him, but to experience it myself was absolutly great.

Then we had some time left before the photo op. We were there in time, so we were among the first ones to take the photos. I came in and he immediately took me in his arm and I wasn't nervous anymore. Way too quick the photo was shot and I had to leave. He took a look at the monitor, checked if the photo was fine and then he said a quick good bye and the moment was over.

But I will never forget it. :D :D :D

After the photo we had some time before the Q&A panel, so we went to the Stargate Legend booth and did some shopping and then went back to the main stage. There (thanks to Karine and Ilana) we got very good seats in the second row behind the VIPs.

When RDA came onto the stage all people applauded and whohoooed. I think I don't have to tell anything more about the panel, as you can see it in the many clips and all before me have written so much about it.

After the panel Karine said her good byes and had to leave. Lies and I walked another round through the halls and then it was time to leave as the Con was soon closing.

Lies helped me to get safely through the very strange barriers an Utrecht Centraal train station (thanks again Lies, I am in your debt) :lol: and then her train left. I was on my train one and a half hour later and came home at 23.30.

But I was so excited I couldn't sleep until 1.00 am.

It has been a wonderful day. Thanks to RDA and thanks to JK, Lies, Karine and Ilana.

Thank you girls, The Wild Loyalists are the best. It has been a pleasure to meet you all in person and I hope we will meet again....soon. :lol: :lol:

Anja ;)
Anja,

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for adding your wonderful report of your experience with RDA and the other "wild Loyalists" you met there at the Dutch Comic Con. Again, you made me feel as if I were there with you. I am so very glad the train was working so you could go.

You all have memories now that will last a lifetime.

Thank you for sharing them with all of us.

Bettie
B
Beata

Post by Beata »

Hi Anja,

Your description was great, I am happy for you that the train was fixed so you could make it to the DCC. RDA is so special, I could not believe how nice and sweet he was too until I experienced him for myself. It was funny I was more excited than scared, I think it was the anticipation.
When I got my first autograph, I did not even know there was a line ! It was small when I got there, and I just walked right up to the gals taking the money and one of the lady crew members walked up to me and said 'Are you a VIP'? and I was so confused by that question I did not know what to say except 'No' and told her I was going to the photo session later. (She did not need to know that LOL.) So she told me there was a line, and I apologized profusely to her and told her I had no idea what I was doing, she laughed and said it was OK and I went to the end of the line which was only about 5 people at that time, and she said see it won't take too long. LOL. I was so grateful she was so nice, it was my first convention and had no idea how they worked. Now it is actually a funny memory.

Anyway I am so glad all of you had a good time, it was awesome for me too in Toronto and I met a new friend while I was there, she is a RDA fan too and we spent the rest of the day together and still email each other now and then, she lives in Toronto. Everyone seemed to be so friendly. I chatted with Paul too and he was friendly in front of RDA. Ahhem... Well that's my story. I wish I could meet you guys but I live in the States near Chicago, but at least we have the forum to chat.

love,
Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Thank you so much Lies and Judith for all the beautiful photos and the wonderful reports from Dutch ComicCon. You have done an excellent job. Was indeed a great idea giving Rick the folder with those love and support messages, (too bad I missed sending my own message. I was away for the last 3-4 days, so I had no idea you were preparing such a loving gesture - and thanks to V also for her idea - ).
Love your stories Lies and Judith. And you both look fantastic in your photos with Rick. You glow, and that’s totally understandable. How else would you feel standing next to this amazing man. And Lies, am so happy for you, that you finally got to meet THE MAN for the very first time. Your dream came true. And I can imagine it must have been an experience of a lifetime, those little precious moments you got to share with him and special memories to treasure forever.
Thank you again Lies and Judith, as well as the other girls who attended the event, for sharing your lovely stories and photos with all of us.