Website Redesign

JackGywer

Re: Website Redesign

Post by JackGywer »

KateR wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:55 pm
JackGywer wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:23 am So nothing has changed for me, still the same :? :roll:
Version 70.0.3538.67
google chrome has updated.
You mean it's the same weird blue screen? It did that for me, too, at first. Try holding down "shift" or "control" when you reload the page to force it to clear the cache and refresh. So far the tweak Daniel suggested seems to be working.

I appreciate you letting me know what you are seeing, though! You are the only person to respond who is apparently on Chrome 70 and was getting the weird effect. If I hadn't heard from you, I would have assumed that it was a problem only with my computer, and I would have switched back to Firefox and not tried to find a solution.

Hopefully we're back on track, and I'm back to updating the Filmography and Video Gallery.

Thanks!

Kate

Very good, that worked, thank you :D
I've had ad issues with chrome before, but what worked so far did not do it this time.
So also a big thank you to Daniel. Good to know someone on Kate's side who can help proffesionell.
At least I could help in a way, too :? :lol:
As far as I can, I always will give a feedback, it seems to be useful.

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

I have Chrome me too...
And no problem with the new design, on laptop and on smartphone. :D

I think the new design is good to watching video pleasantly, as all pictures... They're bigger and faster...

Good work Kate, as always, you're the Best...😁 💕
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

I use chrome as browser in my cellphone and tablet and it works fine. No problems.

After your last mail I checked out the video updates. They all work fine on my phone.

And the updates are amazing...wonderful...videos I have never seen before..

Kate, you are the best. A natural treasure for all RDA fans.... :!: :D

Thank you for your hard work.

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
lesliekretchmar

Post by lesliekretchmar »

I agree with Anja and others, Kate! You are amazing, generous, and much like Samantha Carter! :P
ImageWith a little imagination, anything is possible"
Beata

Post by Beata »

Kate the video's are not working on my desktop or phone, they roll for about 3 seconds and then say not connected to bravehost.

I had my computer checked out to see if it were something wrong on my end, but the tech. said all was well.

Any ideas?

Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Beata

Post by Beata »

The error message is also saying this video format is not supported.
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Beata wrote: Kate the video's are not working on my desktop or phone, they roll for about 3 seconds and then say not connected to bravehost.

I had my computer checked out to see if it were something wrong on my end, but the tech. said all was well.

Any ideas?
If it's saying that it is not connected to Bravehost, then it is probably a problem with your internet connection. It could possibly be on your end, but it could also be, as I mentioned in my Updates email, that if too many people try to access the page all at once, it could slow down or overload the service.
The error message is also saying this video format is not supported.
That sounds like a browser problem.

When I created the original template for the new video page, I asked people to check it out on as many devices as possible in order to catch any unexpected problems. All the feedback I received said it was working fine, and not one person said there was a problem. If you checked the page out then and it was working, then it should be working now, since it is exactly the same format.

I researched video formats to choose the one that would work on the widest number of browsers, and mp4 kept coming up as the one that will play on virtually any browser, even IE, which hardly supports anything anymore. It may be that there are browser settings that can turn off certain features (the way you can turn Flash on and off), so perhaps there is something that can be changed in your settings, but if you are using one of the major browsers, like Chrome or Firefox or Safari, then the mp4 format should be supported.

Unfortunately, now it is far too late for me to try to go back and re-render all those videos in a different format. Those are huge files, and even after it took days and weeks just to create the files, it took 48 straight hours on my cranky internet connection just to upload them all.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you, but if the sample page for the new video site was working for you before, then this page should work also. Give it a day or two to let the traffic decrease, and try it again.

Kate
Beata

Post by Beata »

Thanks Kate, I will give it a few days for the excitement to settle down and then try it again.

Beata
Beata

Post by Beata »

Most of the video's seems to be working now Kate. Thanks.

Beata
Jerseycoconut

Post by Jerseycoconut »

Good Morning Kate,
Thanks for the note on the fires, news doesn't give much info. Keeping RDA & family, community in prayers.
Are you still working on the videos? The site automatically came on to the new version this am, but the videos cannot be "decoded". Is this still something being worked on? Only have desk top, site is thru 'Windows' Bing. Don't know too much about how this Dell works, it's up to date on speed etc. Is there anything I should do?

Jerseycoconut