Toronto Fan Expo

tvero80

Re: Toronto Fan Expo

Post by tvero80 »

Today is September 1 . RDA is in Toronto . Hope he had a safe flight and will enjoy himself there (along with the fans who will get the chance to meet him ).It's a bit (too) far for many of us so if any of you find info , pics… ,please feel free to share and post here . Thanks.
Jerseycoconut

Post by Jerseycoconut »

tvero80 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:51 am Today is September 1 . RDA is in Toronto . Hope he had a safe flight and will enjoy himself there (along with the fans who will get the chance to meet him ).It's a bit (too) far for many of us so if any of you find info , pics… ,please feel free to share and post here . Thanks.

Ditto and Godspeed RDA! :D :D :D
Jerseycoconut
ber.eire

Post by ber.eire »

I met RDA for the first time here in Toronto and I was overwhelmed. He is such a nice person, always had time for a few words and a smile. He signed autographs for 2 days and still made everyone feeling welcome at autographs and photo ops.
I had the impression that he was having a good, though very busy time. The panel was great fun, we got to laugh a lot. I might post some things later on when I'm back home, but I saw that someone had already uploaded some short vids on Youtube.
When asked if he was still in contact with other SG1 actors, he said that he was living with Amanda now although she might not know this ;-)
He talked about the new MacGyver, how happy he is with his daughter, and at the end he apologized for the things the US president does and says.
A girl who is originally from Taiwan reminded him of an ad for some kind of refreshment drink he did in his MacGyver years and we all - including RDA - broke into laughter, when the organizers actually tracked that clip down and we all got to watch it.
So all in all lots of fun with a great guy and time went by far too fast ...
lesliekretchmar

Post by lesliekretchmar »

Thanks, ber.eire :!: Great news :!: I'll be attending the RI Comicon and hope he's as happy there, but doubt it because he just expressed his love for Canada! :P
ImageWith a little imagination, anything is possible"
ttrana

Post by ttrana »

Where on YouTube is the short videos of RDA in Toronto? Thank you.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Indeed thank you for sharing, ber.eire !
ttrana wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:06 am Where on YouTube is the short videos of RDA in Toronto? Thank you.
So far I have only found this . It's about the commercials :
https://youtu.be/53NIqnUZ734
ber.eire

Post by ber.eire »

The same account has uploaded another video where RDA apologizes to the Canadians ;-)
Maybe there are more videos to follow, many people were filming ..
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

ber.eire wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:55 am The same account has uploaded another video where RDA apologizes to the Canadians ;-)
Maybe there are more videos to follow, many people were filming ..
Found it .Thanks .
https://youtu.be/QD3jse6oTkc
ttrana

Post by ttrana »

Thank you for finding the YouTube links! If there is more please post.
BarbaraB

Post by BarbaraB »

ber.eire, thank you so much for posting about meeting RDA and the panel at the Toronto Fan Expo.

I met quite a few people on my recent trip to Vancouver. They all greet you rather warily until you make it plain that you don't support our current administration. Then, as RDA said, they couldn't be more friendly! :)
Barbara