Toronto Fan Expo

Beata

Re: Toronto Fan Expo

Post by Beata »

"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Beata

Post by Beata »

"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Beata

Post by Beata »

ber.eire

Post by ber.eire »

What a great pic! You look so happy 😊
Jen85

Post by Jen85 »

Oh wow! You lucky girl. :D I'm gonna have to get to a comic con next year. Perhaps he'll come back to the UK?! ;)
Mac: Two guys with bazookas blew up your cab.
Jack: They blew up my cab with a bazooka?
Mac: Two bazookas. But I can explain.
Jack: Bazookas? You can explain bazookas? YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN BAZOOKAS!
Beata

Post by Beata »

It has been on my bucket list to meet Richard, so YES ! I was very happy.
Irina

Post by Irina »

Ohhh, Beata ... Thank you!!! 🌹🌹🌹😍 You're a lucky girl! He is wonderful! 💞💞💞
Beata

Post by Beata »

Thank you Irina,

I wish I had more time to speak with him. Naturally when I got home I thought of so many things I would have liked to ask him about MacGyver and Stargate SG-1, isn't that always the way it goes? LOL. I am saving my pennies for his next convention. I originally wanted to go to Rhode Island, but then when Toronto appeared, it was closer to my home so I decided to go there instead. I wish I could go to R.I. but my funds are too low.

I am certain you guys know that most of the proceeds go to Sea Shepard that he collects from the conventions and it is a very worthy cause, his friend was with him and he has a website called Legends.com which sells Stargate memorabilia and again the monies go to Sea Shepard. Richard is such an awesome man, I cannot say enough good things about him, I could have spoke to him for hours. LOL. He contributes to other charities too and he is putting Wylie through college and he is so proud of her, when he talks about her, he just beams like a proud father.

I watched how he treated the fans and I was in awe of him how nice he was to all of them, I have no idea how he did two autograph sessions in one day with all the injuries he has on his hands and fingers from doing MacGyver. A real trooper. I really admire him so much.

Richard is very good looking for a 68 year old man, and he has lost a lot of the weight that he used to have, people have criticized him for that, but I know from experience that if you have pain and are treated with steroids, you gain a tremendous amount of weight, I have a bad back too so I know. I was so happy to find that he was so down to earth and I could talk to him so easily. I still have a smile on my face when I think of our brief encounter.

There will be other conventions, actually there is one coming to Chicago in July of 2019 but Richard was not listed as a guest. I know I will see him again in the future and be more prepared with things to say to him. I did not mean to write a small book here, I just wanted to share my thoughts with all of you. Hoping you can all get a chance to go to a convention and meet this wonderful man, my husband likes Stargate and MacGyver too and we watch the shows together. He was happy to hear I had such a good experience.

Much love,
Beata
yolie

Post by yolie »

Thanks Beata for sharing your two awesome pics of you and Rick. Am so happy for you
and know you will probably never forget your experience at the convention. I too met
him twice back in 2008 at Gatecon. He is truly a lovely person and so humble. ;)
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Thanks Beata ! :)

Found these two extracts about MacGyver :

https://youtu.be/nvmPiza-MEI

https://youtu.be/CYdEHxlxyFE