Thank you, Kate

KateR
Site Admin

Re: Thank you, Kate

Post by KateR »

I never said anything about imposters.

But RDA has said that he hasn't posted anything on that Instagram account in well over a year, maybe more. When the last few pictures appeared, I asked him each time if he wanted the message to appear on the website, and he had no idea what I was talking about.

He has, on occasion, handed his phone over to Wylie or other family members to "share" or "fix" things, so it's quite possible that someone in the family has posted in order to test settings. So of course family members wouldn't necessarily know who actually sent it.

I asked RDA about the most recent picture, and he sent me a long and hilarious message about confronting Wylie to find out what has been going on, but I'm not sure yet if he intended that to be posted publicly.

Kate
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

KateR wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:35 am
I asked RDA about the most recent picture, and he sent me a long and hilarious message about confronting Wylie to find out what has been going on, but I'm not sure yet if he intended that to be posted publicly.

Kate
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well, he gave you permission, Kate (thank God ) and it is hilarious indeed !Thank you for posting !!
And congratulations ,Wylie ! You're a teacher now !! Makes ALL the family proud :)
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

thanks so much Kate for sharing and Rick for letting it share. This is so hilarious 🤣🤣🤣. Congratulations to Wylie. This are just really awesome news. I bet everybody in her family is so proud of her.
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA
ergomac23

Post by ergomac23 »

thank you kate for giving us ricks note and thank you rick for the funny note :lol: :lol: :lol: i needed that laugh also congratulations to Wylie and her new job as a teacher :)
Jen85

Post by Jen85 »

Thank you Kate for posting Rick's latest update, I really needed the laugh :lol: And huge congratulations to Wylie, think she's gonna make a fantastic teacher
Mac: Two guys with bazookas blew up your cab.
Jack: They blew up my cab with a bazooka?
Mac: Two bazookas. But I can explain.
Jack: Bazookas? You can explain bazookas? YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN BAZOOKAS!
Anne

Post by Anne »

:D Well, he does seem to have a locked privat Insta as well, so msybe he confusd his sccounts, but I think it's funny how everyone keeps speculating who is posting what and where.. imo as long as no one fakes accounts (like the FB one) just enjoy the rare post and pics :D
Beata

Post by Beata »

Awesome update and so funny. He is a natural comedian. Keep them coming, don't be afraid to post a thing please.

Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Anne wrote: so msybe he confusd his sccounts, but I think it's funny how everyone keeps speculating who is posting what and where.. imo as long as no one fakes accounts (like the FB one) just enjoy the rare post and pics :D
That had been my first thought, that he had accidentally posted something to Instagram that he had intended to be sent as a private post or text. That's why I asked him if he wanted me to add it to the website, since the decision should be up to him.

Wylie's posts have been harmless, but this is not the first time something like this has happened. Some years ago when RDA was traveling and having difficulty getting on the internet, he gave his phone to someone he thought he could trust to help with his connection issues. Suddenly his Twitter account became active, adding new follows and promoting an item for sale on Legends Memorabilia (an item OTHER that the RDA/SG-1 autographs). It struck me as odd, but knowing he was having internet issues I supposed that was the only connection he could make, so I asked him if he wanted me to post the information on the site. And again, he had no idea what I was talking about. He hadn't made the post.

But of course, the message was "liked" and retweeted for days, just as the recent posts on Instagram have been. And after each one there is always a bump in fan mail messages from fans anxious to respond to these messages that he would know nothing about. Would RDA have posted these same messages or endorsements had he known? Perhaps. Does it matter? Hard to say. But I think it is helpful to be aware.

Kate
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

Congratulations to Wylie! RDA must be about to pop with pride.

I’ve wondered about the pics on Instagram. I suspect the “trial” produced the (probable) culprit and perhaps a mea culpa. I hope the sentence doesn’t include a ban from posting the occasional photo, but a parental authorization to proceed might not be amiss.

In any instance, thanks for sharing Rick’s note, with Wylie’s good news, and your thoughts on the matter.

Happy (late) Father’s Day to RDA. You have a lovely daughter. Thank you for letting Kate share her good news with us.
lesliekretchmar

Post by lesliekretchmar »

First: Kate, that is a hilarious message from you about the Instagram recent post to RDA's account. Second: thank you, so much for posting RDA's absolutely hilarious message about the impending visit from Wylie and her teaching position! I'm so happy she will be virtually teaching the VERY informative years' children! It is a blessing that her grandfather taught for so many years (in high school)! I'm surprised that RDA expressed so much emotion and thought into blaming Wylie even before she admitted guilt... :? :lol: Thank you Rick for your hilarious reaction to the beautiful and endearing photo that appeared magically in your Instagram account! :heart: :heart:
ImageWith a little imagination, anything is possible"