Thank you, Kate

Irina

Re: Thank you, Kate

Post by Irina »

Thank you very much, Kate for such beautiful pictures of "sun play" from Richard. It looks like he likes such moments: it's really bewitching sight ...
And thank you very much for updating the photos of Richard! This is such a voluminous and hard work! I will join the words which said earlier: we really appreciate a lot and respect your work!
"It's very difficult to say "goodbye" to someone who means so much... "
("To be a Man")
lesliekretchmar

Post by lesliekretchmar »

RDA's update on Jan 31 is "WOW!!"
ImageWith a little imagination, anything is possible"
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Thanks Kate for all the efforts and the updates you give us!!
Lots of love,

Lies

nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Thank you so much Kate for the latest update, for all the wonderful pictures and video from Paris. And also big thanks to all the ladies who have attended the event and sent these pictures to the website. We appreciate it.
And of course, thank you Rick for your lovely message. So sweet and kind of you sending us your thoughts. Hope he had a great time in Paris, and by the way, he looked amazing and so handsome.
eurmos

Post by eurmos »

Thank you for the new additions to the photo gallery. Luckily, when you downloaded the photos this time they showed up for me. The previous years that we discussed that I couldn't access, also magically showed up.
Beth
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Thank you Kate for the new wonderful pictures added in the photo gallery. We appreciate a lot your hard work, your time and efforts. You do a great job and we are always grateful.
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

Thank you very much Kate for your fantastic work with news pictures of post sg1. Great pleasure to see our adorable man thanks to you...
I love them so much....
Thousand thanks Kate
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thank you, Kate, for the Photo Gallery - Post SG-1 section for 2016!!! All are wonderful photos......and especially like RDA with the shorter hair. He looks so good - and should be on screen again! Thanks again for the posts. Appreciate all the hard work you have given to these postings. :D
B
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Thank you so much Kate for all the new wonderful additions in the photo gallery. Each and every picture is unique and so great. Rick makes them all very special with his lovely personality and his amazing smile. Again, we appreciate a lot your hard work and we're always grateful.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Thank you, and you're welcome.

It has been an ENORMOUS job to organize and upload all these photos, but I am determined to finally get the Photo Gallery caught up. I should be able to complete the photos for 2017 in the next few days, and then I have a bunch more photos to be updated in various other sections of the Gallery before it will finally be "complete." My next goal, then, is to finish digitizing my videotapes and finally complete the Video Gallery - another enormous job.

The website has become a huge archive of past work, and the traffic statistics for visitors to the site have remained relatively unchanged. However, there is, admittedly, relatively little in the way of "news" beyond convention appearances and RDA's occasional notes, and there has been a steady decrease in the conversation here on the Forum. This has raised the question of the future of the website, particularly the Forum, and it's a conversation I had recently with RDA.

I know that there are a number of social media pages and fan sites (Facebook, for example), that simply copy material from this website for discussion on other forums. While I'm happy that people are enjoying the material I post here, I wonder what needs to be done to encourage that discussion here on the website itself. I originally opened the Forum because my inbox was full of fans seeking other fans they could talk to, and so I wanted to provide a venue for that to happen, but recently the Forum has been reduced to a small group of people who are still enjoying the various games.

Should I open a thread for people to share their convention or encounter experiences? Should I start a regular retro-photo theme, similar to Twitter's Throwback Thursday? Should we begin viewing parties of MacGyver or Stargate so that fans can weigh in on specific nostalgic episodes? (I had thought last year when I built the Legend Lexicon that it might spur discussion, but there was almost none, and I am hesitant to pour that kind of energy into completing the MacGyver Lexicon, as much as I would like to see it finished.) Are there conversations happening in other forums that you would like to see here? I even briefly considered replacing the Forum with a Facebook page, but I'm not fond of Facebook, and that format really doesn't promote conversation either - we are becoming a culture of simply posting and "liking."

So I'm looking for suggestions. Is there reason enough to keep the Forum open? And if not, can I justify the effort and expense of maintaining such a huge website simply as an archive for other forums to draw upon?

Suggestions?

Kate