Thank you, Kate

Jack(s)

Re: Thank you, Kate

Post by Jack(s) »

thank you so much for all the new stuff to explore and you countless effort for that side 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏❤❤❤
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA
Jerseycoconut

Post by Jerseycoconut »

Kate,
Thanks for the bio - it's wonderful!
:D :D :D :D
ergomac23

Post by ergomac23 »

thank you Kate love all the updates your hard work is always appreciated :D :D :D
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

thank you Kate so much for the update. it's awesome. thank you for all the hard work and love you put into the side. 👏👏👏
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Awesome features ! THANK YOU, KATE ! :D
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

tvero80 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:43 pm Awesome features ! THANK YOU, KATE ! :D

The Features section is probably the least visited section, but there is an awful lot of creativity and nostalgia tucked away in there, and I didn't want it to be lost. Most of the items in there were using such old code that they haven't worked properly in years. I can't believe some of it is 20 years old! I sort of felt like a museum curator, rescuing ancient artifacts and trying to restore them for display before they become completely obsolete and lost to the ages. I was having lots of flashbacks as I worked my way through. The fandom was so much bigger and more active back then - I wonder what happened to all those familiar names?

Anyway, it was a lot of work, but I'm glad all of that has been saved and restored. Now the conversion of the site is complete, and I'm in the process of removing all the remnants of the old site (in case you had any links to any of those old pages). Of course, I still have more stuff to be added to the site, but everything that was on the original site has now been moved over. And it only took a little more than a year. :shock: Whew! :D

Kate
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

I'm not sure exactly where to put this, but this seems to be as good a place as any...

Apparently no one here was caught up in or fooled by the rumors floating around social media yesterday that RDA had passed away. :o

I was getting asked about it, so I did a search, and it seemed that the rumor was coming from a fake news story that was originally posted in 2017. :roll: RDA had emailed me last Thursday, but I hadn't heard from him over the weekend, so I thought I'd better make absolutely certain that nothing was wrong. So I texted him and expected to hear back immediately. Instead, I got this weird bounce-back on my text, twice, and no response for hours, so I was starting to get a little concerned. :shock:

Finally, in the middle of the night, I got a text back:
"Not dead yet~"
(Monty Python, 'Holy Grail,' circa 1900's)???
So if the rumor is still making the rounds, you have an official response. :D

Kate
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Whew! I had not heard that rumor and I'm glad I hadn't.

Thank you for confirming for us that RDA is alive and kickin'!
B
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

It was a conversation on facebook and on instagram by "macgyveronline". Someone launched the conversation "did RDA pass away ?". And immediatly the fans answered Noooooo with, at least, 20 answers. And on instagram Macgyveronline confirmes it was a hoax.

I really asked me what it is the interest to launch some rumours like this... leave him alone, leave us alone too
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

karinedauphin wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:02 am It was a conversation on facebook and on instagram by "macgyveronline".
It was much bigger than that. Apparently someone found the fake obituary that was posted online back in 2017 but didn't think to look at the date. So they got worried and began asking the question on social media. That worried other fans, and so the questions spread pretty quickly. It was all over Twitter, too. Many fans responded that it was not true, but of course no one had any proof one way or the other except for the fact that the legitimate press had not picked up the news. So people were hopeful but still worried. I felt it was best to get a direct statement from him, but it took so long to get a message through that the worry had pretty much died down by the end of the day.

Still, nowadays when a celebrity's name starts trending online, it's often because they have died, so my heart still skips a beat whenever I see his name showing up in my news feed. I'm glad this particular panic didn't last much more than 24 hours.

Kate