Thank you, Kate

bftlovesRDA

Re: Thank you, Kate

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thank you, Kate and thank you, Rick for the June 5 note about the happy and glorious win in that overtime game by the San Jose Sharks! What a great win and how nice to read RDA's excited report of this victory. Now we have to cheer the Sharks on to final victory!
B
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

I know it's a very silly question but do you know what 'mtc' mean ?
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

tvero80 wrote:I know it's a very silly question but do you know what 'mtc' mean ?
I assume it means "More to come."

He uses a lot of abbreviations like that, and usually I drop them or clarify them, especially when it's some version of "more later."

So many of his messages have some kind of reference to returning with more information shortly, which is often why I wait until the end of the day to post them. I'm never sure how long I'm supposed to wait to be sure that the message is complete.

So there may or may not be more after tonight's game.

Kate
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

tvero80 wrote:

I knew "penguins" couldn't make it vs 'sharks' . This isn't cartoon land ,Pam. :)

Thank you both (Kate and Rick ) for the update .
V, the Penguins actually won the first two games of the series, so if they had won this last game, the Sharks would be one loss away from losing "the cup". The Sharks have to win three out of the last four games to win it all. I'm actually pulling for them and I hope they win the next three games in a row. If they did, they would win "Lord Stanley's Cup" at San Jose in front of the home crowd, which would be an amazing end to a fantastic season.
If you can't say anything nice.....

tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

PamK1950 wrote:
tvero80 wrote:

I knew "penguins" couldn't make it vs 'sharks' . This isn't cartoon land ,Pam. :)

Thank you both (Kate and Rick ) for the update .
V, the Penguins actually won the first two games of the series, so if they had won this last game, the Sharks would be one loss away from losing "the cup". The Sharks have to win three out of the last four games to win it all. I'm actually pulling for them and I hope they win the next three games in a row. If they did, they would win "Lord Stanley's Cup" at San Jose in front of the home crowd, which would be an amazing end to a fantastic season.
So there are 7 games altogether,Pam ? And the Sharks could win Lord Stanley's Cup by 4 to 3 , right ?Thanks and thank you Kate for explaining the meaning of 'mtc'.
Mtc =merci (de) tout cœur ,thanks with all my heart . ;)
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

If anyone is interested, this is the schedule for the finals:

Game 1 - 30 MAY at Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh won) 1/0
Game 2 - 01 JUN at Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh won) 2/0
Game 3 - 04 JUN at San Jose (San Jose won) 2/1
Game 4 -06 JUN at San Jose
Game 5 - 09 JUN at Pittsburgh
Game 6 -12 JUN at San Jose (if needed)
Game 7 -15 JUN at Pittsburgh (if needed)

If the Sharks win tonight the series will be tied at two wins each and they will need to play games 5 and 6
If the Penquins win tonight they could win the cup in game 5 at Pittsburgh

NOTE: If the Sharks should happen to win games 4, 5 and 6 I have a feeling that there may be a reports of "tremors" in the San Jose area from all the celebrating by the fans, (including one Mr. R D Anderson) :D

Actually, there would be a lot of celebrating in SJ if the Sharks win it in game 7 at Pittsburgh, but their fans have waited 25 years for this and there's nothing like being there when your team wins it all.

Pam (aka Hockey geek)

CMac

Post by CMac »

I figured "mtc" meant "More to come." I was going to help, but I was at work and couldn't post. ;)

I saw a Sharks game once when I was in San Jose. It really made me appreciate how truly graceful the game of hockey is--as the players glide along the ice, it almost appears as if they could fly! :D It's such an exciting game, especially if you see it in person. I wasn't a hockey fan until I saw it live (and then discovered that a certain special someone also adored the game ;) ).

Go Sharks! I hope Rick continues to have fun, and shares with us some awesome updates! :)
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

There's sadness in San Jose tonight. The Sharks lost to the Penquins 3-1. The Sharks are going to have to win the last three games in order to win the cup.

bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thanks, Pam, for keeping us updated on the status of the Sharks efforts in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. I am so sad they lost earlier tonight. They have a tough road to go but they still can win it and I so hope they can. Thanks again.
B
CMac

Post by CMac »

I was sorry to see the Sharks lose, too. :( I hope they can turn it around and improve for the rest of the series. :)