Thank you, Kate

tvero80

Re: Thank you, Kate

Post by tvero80 »

Caty wrote:I would never consider Kate telling a lot of her friendship with Rick, that would be much too personal and too precious.
, that would be funny.
But Kate could write a book about her experiences on the sets of MacGyver and Stargate. :D
Yes,please do that...along with his memoirs. We said it before ,didn't we ? Think of it ,both of you, please. It would be great.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

tvero80 wrote:
Caty wrote: But Kate could write a book about her experiences on the sets of MacGyver and Stargate. :D
Yes,please do that...along with his memoirs. We said it before ,didn't we ?
My "book" tends to be a series of articles for the website. :)

Last year, in August 2015, I celebrated the 25th anniversary of my first meeting with RDA on the set of MacGyver by writing up an article for the website (in the MacGyver section under "Special Features"). This past August, I was wanting to write up another article to celebrate the 25th anniversary of my second visit to the MacGyver set, but I was getting ready to travel to Europe, and suddenly August came and went, so that article will be delayed, I'm afraid. But most of the stories about my visits to the Stargate set are in the Stargate section of the website. So it's just a matter of stapling them all together and calling it a "book". ;)

Kate
Grimey

Post by Grimey »

I like the idea!!
Why starting again from the beginning, when there is so much material ready to create a book?!!
Will still be work enough...
THANK YOU for sharing your experiences with us, it's so cool! 8-)
P
Cindy61

Post by Cindy61 »

Thank you Kate and Rick, for the update!! :)
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Thank you Kate and Rick for the update and Kate, thank you for the fantastic updates......
We've discussed a book already Indeed and if there is one person that could write a book about RDA and that is Kate if it ever comes to that ;) For now, i just LOVE every precious gift I get around here, and that's from a note from Rick, the privilege I have to be a member of this beautiful forum, with a fantastic administrator and keeper (auntie Kate ;) ) till the beautiful people I meet around here.... ;)
Lots of love,

Lies

nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

THANK YOU KATE and THANK YOU RICK for the latest updates. It's just wonderful to read that Rick will attend the Vancouver con, despite his injuries. It was so sweet and kind of him to let us know about his current situation. It is sad though that he's still facing difficulties, due to his injuries, and that is totally understandable. But still, he's willing to travel, just to see and thank his loyal fans. And once again he shows his appreciation and how honest and adorable person he really is, by sending us his latest note and saying that he won't be able to sign autographs. It's OK Rick. Don't worry about it. We totally understand how things are at the moment. The fact that you've decided to go to the con, it's more than great, so as long as you are there, it doesn't matter the autographs. Besides, the hugs and pictures will be taken with you and the fans are so much better. All we want is for you to feel strong and in a good mood, so you can endure the tiredness and enjoy the event. And of course, we wish you the healing process to be as fast as possible. And thank you also for the picture of Poppy. She's so cute. Thank you so much Rick for sharing your honesty and sensitivity with us. You are very special and precious to us all.
And Kate, your idea of stapling all the articles together, from your visits to the MacGyver and Stargate set, and calling it a book, is just perfect. You are the right and the only person to work on something like that. And we are always grateful for sharing your experiences and your precious memories with us, and for giving the very best of yourself to keep us up to date and to make this website the greatest ever.
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

THANK YOU KATE and THANK YOU RICK for the latest updates. It's just wonderful to read that Rick will attend the Vancouver con, despite his injuries. It was so sweet and kind of him to let us know about his current situation. It is sad though that he's still facing difficulties, due to his injuries, and that is totally understandable. But still, he's willing to travel, just to see and thank his loyal fans. And once again he shows his appreciation and how honest and adorable person he really is, by sending us his latest note and saying that he won't be able to sign autographs. It's OK Rick. Don't worry about it. We totally understand how things are at the moment. The fact that you've decided to go to the con, it's more than great, so as long as you are there, it doesn't matter the autographs. Besides, the hugs and pictures will be taken with you and the fans are so much better. All we want is for you to feel strong and in a good mood, so you can endure the tiredness and enjoy the event. And of course, we wish you the healing process to be as fast as possible. And thank you also for the picture of Poppy. She's so cute. Thank you so much Rick for sharing your honesty and sensitivity with us. You are very special and precious to us all.
And Kate, your idea of stapling all the articles together, from your visits to the MacGyver and Stargate set, and calling it a book, is just perfect. You are the right and the only person to work on something like that. And we are always grateful for sharing your experiences and your precious memories with us, and for giving the very best of yourself to keep us up to date and to make this website the greatest ever.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Thank you Kate for the latest update ,Rick's interview in Vancouver (see sept 19) . Since I'm very silly ,I didn't realize at first that the extract from Stargate was part of it , the beginning of the interview in fact ...so I clicked and clicked and clicked and ... finally got it.
He looked a little tired , or was it because of the low-angle shot ? I hope he's recuperating now...
Cindy61

Post by Cindy61 »

Thank you Kate and Rick for the wonderful new updates!! I am so glad to hear that Rick is recovering and feeling better. :D
And I loved the Fascinating story he told...It is so clear and vivid - Just WOW! :o
Last edited by Cindy61 on Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
yolie

Post by yolie »

So happy to read about Rick and that he is healing. Also appreciate all you do Kate to
keep us posted in Rick's updates. Love the way he puts words to thought. He has a unique
way of expressing himself. Again thanks again. :D :D :D