Thank you, Kate

BarbaraB

Re: Thank you, Kate

Post by BarbaraB »

I'm not going to be home Saturday night for the chat, so I wanted to take this opportunity to thank Kate for the wonderful sections of this site about shooting locations. I went to Vancouver for a few days and got to visit several of the shooting locations of MacGyver and SG-1. I took the gondola up Grouse Mountain, which doubled for the the Swiss Alps in "Cease Fire" on MacGyver. That was one of my favorite episodes and I could practically see Mac hanging from the gondola! It was also great to see Bridge Studios and Simon Fraser University, which was used as the location of Tollana in SG-1.

So, thank you again Kate!! :D
Barbara
lesliekretchmar

Post by lesliekretchmar »

BarbaraB wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:18 pm I'm not going to be home Saturday night for the chat, so I wanted to take this opportunity to thank Kate for the wonderful sections of this site about shooting locations. I went to Vancouver for a few days and got to visit several of the shooting locations of MacGyver and SG-1. I took the gondola up Grouse Mountain, which doubled for the the Swiss Alps in "Cease Fire" on MacGyver. That was one of my favorite episodes and I could practically see Mac hanging from the gondola! It was also great to see Bridge Studios and Simon Fraser University, which was used as the location of Tollana in SG-1.

So, thank you again Kate!! :D
Wow! Great example of taking advantage of the opportunity. Thanks for sharing!! :P
ImageWith a little imagination, anything is possible"
lesliekretchmar

Thanks again, Kate, for posting Rick's comments from FanExpo Toronto! And, thanks Rick for writing in detail how you enjoyed being there :!: :P !
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

lesliekretchmar wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:48 am Thanks again, Kate, for posting Rick's comments from FanExpo Toronto! And, thanks Rick for writing in detail how you enjoyed being there :!: :P !
Thank you ,Kate and Rick ! "You rock ! Rick" ( considering our conversation about the website redesign : how would they translate that on the Internet ? I fear the worst ;) :D )
ber.eire

Post by ber.eire »

I have to join Barbara thanking you for the great overview on shooting locations. Last month I went to Vancouver as well and visited some of these places. I had a great time and it was easy finding the ones I wanted to visit. Grouse mountain was a wunderful experience for me as well, in daylight I saw the gondolas and then I saw the citylights at night. Such a beautiful place. I also really enjoyed walking along Coal Harbour several times.
Due to the weather/smoke I was not able to/did not climb Stawamus Chief, the "Widowmaker" - maybe a good decision thinking of Murdoc ...

And thank you so much for RDA's messenges to his fans and the infos on his appearances!
Beata

Post by Beata »

Thank you so much Kate for this website, it is a fans dream come true. Right now I am watching the video gallery which has much more than youtube and enjoying them all.

Keep up the wonderful work, it is so much fun.

Beata :D
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Thank you Kate AND RICK for this new note :D . So he's in France already ? (I think I breathe better imagining him so close to us :) ) I'm sure he'll have the opportunity to visit a few places while in Lyon then . Welcome to France !
Last edited by tvero80 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Juliette

Post by Juliette »

Alright so he is an hour away from me...
How am I supposed to deal with that!?!? :lol:

Thank you Kate for the update! It was really great reading his wonderfully funny franglish.. I needed that laugh ;)
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

Very glad to read that too... Thank you, Richard, for your so fast message... And thank you, Kate, for sharing it.

I'm not able to understand his prose... even if I use Google translation :lol: :lol: :lol:
But, never mind... It's our Richard... what else ;) ;)

See him soon... I can't wait :oops: :oops:
lesliekretchmar

Thank you, Kate! (For Rick's note and the forewarning.) Thank you, Rick, for getting into the mood!! Be safe! Have a WONDERFUL time in Lyon! Wish I would be there, but I will be in Providence in Nov. :P
Last edited by lesliekretchmar on Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.