Fedcon 27, May 18 - 21 2018

bftlovesRDA

Re: Fedcon 27, May 18 - 21 2018

Post by bftlovesRDA »

To Anja S. = WELCOME! THank you for your comments. I did a google translate of what you wrote and this is what I got = hope it's okay to do the translation here:

"Hello,
I'm dead sad, I wanted to experience RDA live for the first time and now this broke. What sit there for incompetent people and decide to give it up again. I will not go there now. I think it is outrageous to advertise his name and then verar ......! : Evil:
For me, that borders on fraud. :!:
In any case, I have to send a complaint mail to wake up there.
Have a nice Sunday ....... in spite of everything."

Hope you have a nice Sunday too! And hope to see you around the forum.
B
ber.eire

Post by ber.eire »

I still can't believe it. :shock:
I was going to Fedcon as well to meet RDA for the first time and had all the convention tickets booked.
Since there is no possibility to cancel my flight, I will go to the Bonn/Cologne area for some kind of sightseeing holiday and make the best of it (Just as MacGyver would - make the best of what you've got 8-) ), but I'm not looking forward to it anymore.
The timing would've been perfect, I can't go to most of the conventions due to work and so I'm afraid I will never be able to meet him. Very disappointed and sad.

I don't know who made the final decisions, but I find it very disrespectful to start advertising with RDA as the headline guest and then kick him out like that. I don't know about pre-sales numbers, but I'm sure that many more would have bought tickets and I would have liked more/different information on the problem in advance, so that fans would be able to react and buy enough tickets in advance.
In my point of view, this leaves a very strange impression. Did the organisers switch to "Battle Star Galactica" con, when it became apparent, that enough stars of that "universe" will be able to attend, and did other actors became less important then? I can't help but wonder.
lioninlove

Post by lioninlove »

The organizer stated there were only 50 tickets sold in pre-sale ... I've copied the conversation between PB and him from Fedcon's FB page.

Paul Brown : RDA's popularity has not faded at all. We are in fact seeing longer lines and higher demand to meet him at our conventions. In Paris last month, the organizers stopped selling tickets when autographs hit 300 and photo ops hit 500...this was for ONE day only! I will also comment that most autograph and photo-op tickets are sold at the event, not in advance.
In summary, this cancellation is a financial decision made by Fedcon. It does not reflect upon the popularity of Richard Dean Anderson, who remains one of the most likeable and friendliest celebrities to attend conventions. Simply ask those who have met him!

Dirk Bartholomä: If he is so popular in Germany why we only sold 50 autographs and photo ops then the usual 400-500 the last times he was there? Explain that? It is a fact and i don´t know the reason, maybe back in the days we are one of the few inviting him, nowadays he is going very frequently to events which divides the fans. He just was in France, last time we had him here, we got 300 french people buying tickets for him, this year we have 41 french coming. The market is only so big and it is easy to point fingers, but we have to deal with facts only.

Paul Brown: Dirk....Just to clarify, Richard is not "going very fequently" to events. He still only limits his appearances to 5 or 6 per year maximum.... worldwide. Of this, there is typically only 1 (occasionally 2) European events per year.
Also, let's understand your numbers. You report only 50 autographs and photos compared to last time 400-500. I think I am right when I say those 400-500 were not 'pre-sold' (like the 50 you mentioned) but many of them were sold at the event. I just want people to understand the numbers that are being quoted.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

lioninlove wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:42 pm The organizer stated there were only 50 tickets sold in pre-sale ... I've copied the conversation between PB and him from Fedcon's FB page.

Paul Brown : RDA's popularity has not faded at all. We are in fact seeing longer lines and higher demand to meet him at our conventions. In Paris last month, the organizers stopped selling tickets when autographs hit 300 and photo ops hit 500...this was for ONE day only! I will also comment that most autograph and photo-op tickets are sold at the event, not in advance.
In summary, this cancellation is a financial decision made by Fedcon. It does not reflect upon the popularity of Richard Dean Anderson, who remains one of the most likeable and friendliest celebrities to attend conventions. Simply ask those who have met him!

Dirk Bartholomä: If he is so popular in Germany why we only sold 50 autographs and photo ops then the usual 400-500 the last times he was there? Explain that? It is a fact and i don´t know the reason, maybe back in the days we are one of the few inviting him, nowadays he is going very frequently to events which divides the fans. He just was in France, last time we had him here, we got 300 french people buying tickets for him, this year we have 41 french coming. The market is only so big and it is easy to point fingers, but we have to deal with facts only.

Paul Brown: Dirk....Just to clarify, Richard is not "going very fequently" to events. He still only limits his appearances to 5 or 6 per year maximum.... worldwide. Of this, there is typically only 1 (occasionally 2) European events per year.
Also, let's understand your numbers. You report only 50 autographs and photos compared to last time 400-500. I think I am right when I say those 400-500 were not 'pre-sold' (like the 50 you mentioned) but many of them were sold at the event. I just want people to understand the numbers that are being quoted.

I think there are a few things which need commenting upon here . The prices in Paris were very low : 13,50 euros for the entrance ticket ( 35 for one day in Bonn), 40 euros for a photo (85 in Bonn) ,35 euros for an autograph (75 in Bonn ).
Wasn't it the first time RDA came to Paris Manga ? Of course RDA is very popular ! But you see , first time ( Paris is closer to home than Bonn), cheaper prices ...that's why French people went to Paris and won't go to Bonn .
ber.eire

Post by ber.eire »

Yep, and I saw that some were posting about the (fairly high) meet&greet prices in Bonn earlier as well.
The program was not announced yet and so I can understand that people have been waiting to book as well. Some commented on facebook that they were just going to buy the tickets. In addition, day tickets had only been on sale for a week or so.
I still suspect that the cancellation might be connected to the BSG reunion thing as well ... Curious for any news!
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

lioninlove wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:42 pm The organizer stated there were only 50 tickets sold in pre-sale ... I've copied the conversation between PB and him from Fedcon's FB page.

I think the calculations in the conversation can't be correct.
If they had sold only 50 autographs and photo ops in pre-sale and among those 50 are alone 41 french people, that would mean, only about 10 Germans have bought in pre-sale? !
I doubt that!
Just count the guys in our forum and you see, that can't be right. Plus the people who commented on the Fecon Facebook page who had bought their tickets already....
And there were SO many people who wanted to buy their tickets at the Fedcon directly.
You can't advertise the whole thing with RDA as THE guest, tell everybody those tickets are avaiable also at the event itself and then cancel without warning.
If the appearance was in danger because of the low pre-sale, WHY DIDN'T THEY TELL THAT? One or two weeks earlier to give the fans the chance to react and buy their tickets and so showing their interrest?
It's still unbelievable!
I think and hope they will loose visitors big time for that!

Anja :x
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

NiLa wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:54 pm

I think the calculations in the conversation can't be correct.
If they had sold only 50 autographs and photo ops in pre-sale and among those 50 are alone 41 french people, that would mean, only about 10 Germans have bought in pre-sale? !
I doubt that!
Just count the guys in our forum and you see, that can't be right. Plus the people who commented on the Fecon Facebook page who had bought their tickets already....
And there were SO many people who wanted to buy their tickets at the Fedcon directly.
You can't advertise the whole thing with RDA as THE guest, tell everybody those tickets are avaiable also at the event itself and then cancel without warning.
If the appearance was in danger because of the low pre-sale, WHY DIDN'T THEY TELL THAT? One or two weeks earlier to give the fans the chance to react and buy their tickets and so showing their interrest?
It's still unbelievable!
I think and hope they will loose visitors big time for that!

Anja :x

very aptly said, there is nothing more to add from my side!

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

I admit I bought the entrance ticket only but not the autograph and photo ( I bought them in Paris ) . By the way there were too many pre-sales for the autographs in Paris so they DIDN'T sell any at the event . I couldn't stay till 8 p.m so I didn't get the autograph I had bought on the Internet ( sad year for me when you think of it ...).
What Dirk means is that there was an unfair competition between Paris and Bonn but when you see the prices ... you may understand.
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

I still would like to create a Wild Loyalist Cap......summer is coming and as I love those caps anyway I still want one or two.

Rather a printed one I would like to create a black cap with white embroidered letters, which looks way better.

I have found a company who embroiders caps, clothing etc., but minimum order is 15 caps.

So I am looking for people who would join in an order. Price per cap would be around 12-13 EUR plus shipping from me to you.

I would create a design (typeset is a bit different from the sample on the photos a few pages before), send it to the company and would get a photo of a sample back. Only if I give my ok the order will be produced. I would post the picture of the sample here so you can see it.

If you would like to join the Wild Loyalist caps, send me a PM.

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
pumuckl

Post by pumuckl »

Hello NiLa,
I would buy one oft the Wild Loyalist caps :)