Fedcon 27, May 18 - 21 2018

NiLa

Re: Fedcon 27, May 18 - 21 2018

Post by NiLa »

Normally I am not a person who is lost for words easily....

today I am. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I was so looking forward meeting him for the first time in my life.

RDA was THE ONLY reason for me to visit Fedcon. I have no reason to come there anymore...

I am so disappointed, there are no words that match my disappointment.

If I'll try that again......I think not!

But life will go on....and I like your idea of a fan/fun meeting very much, Lies.

Anja :(
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
Caty

Post by Caty »

Sorry, Ladies, :cry: :cry:

I'm out of words.
Maybe I'll be back on Saturday at the chat.

:cry: :cry:
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
eurmos

Post by eurmos »

I love the idea of a group Skype. It would be great to finally have faces to go with the names.
Beth
lioninlove

Post by lioninlove »

KateR wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:48 pm
tvero80 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:50 pm In Düsseldorf , during the m&g RDA told us he wasn't paid for cons . Does FedCon get a percentage on every pic and autograph ? That's what I'd like to know !!!
I don't know what RDA said at the Meet and Greet, but that statement is not accurate.

I am waiting to hear RDA's version of the FedCon situation, but in the meantime, I suppose I have to take the link off the homepage.

So sorry for all those who had already bought their tickets to go. :(

Kate
Right, that statement is not accurate.

As far as I know, Fedcon calculates the prices for pics and autographs to cover all costs of a guest (flight, hotel room, fee...) and all guests get their fee and in addition a percentage on every pic and autograph and meet & greet, if there's one.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

lioninlove wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:41 am
tvero80 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:50 pm In Düsseldorf , during the m&g RDA told us he wasn't paid for cons . Does FedCon get a percentage on every pic and autograph ? That's what I'd like to know !!!
I don't know what RDA said at the Meet and Greet, but that statement is not accurate.

I am waiting to hear RDA's version of the FedCon situation, but in the meantime, I suppose I have to take the link off the homepage.

Kate

As far as I know, Fedcon calculates the prices for pics and autographs to cover all costs of a guest (flight, hotel room, fee...) and all guests get their fee and in addition a percentage on every pic and autograph and meet & greet, if there's one.
Thanks lioninlove. Now I know how things work .
Anne

Post by Anne »

I'm usually not a vicious person, but I really hope this is going to backfire on them big time in drops of visitors. Even though they can keep the entrance fee - if lots of fans won't go now it will hopefully have an impact. I'm stuck since me and my friends already paid for a room and for Cliff Simon auto and photo and if I pull out completely it will mean more cost for my friends, plus I won't get a refund on the Cliff stuff I ordered. But this is def the last time FedCon is gonna see me.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

tvero80 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:53 am

Kate

YET I still wonder why the prices of the autographs and photos are so high . In Ghent and Paris they were MUCH cheaper . Does it mean that RDA travelled economy and slept in a one star hotel with snacks instead of proper meals ?
You may say who cares ? And you're right . I won't go to Bonn and to another FedCon either.
lioninlove

Post by lioninlove »

tvero80 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:36 am

YET I still wonder why the prices of the autographs and photos are so high . In Ghent and Paris they were MUCH cheaper . Does it mean that RDA travelled economy and slept in a one star hotel with snacks instead of proper meals ?
You may say who cares ? And you're right . I won't go to Bonn and to another FedCon either.
You have to keep in mind that Ghent was a two day event and Paris just one day.
But Fedcon is a four day event. So the costs for a four day event are much higher than just for one or two days.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

lioninlove wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:02 pm

But Fedcon is a four day event. So the costs for a four day event are much higher than just for one or two days.

You're right . I forgot that parameter.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

tvero80 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:28 pm
lioninlove wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:02 pm

You're right . I forgot that parameter.
In that case , instead of shattering fans' dreams and cancelling , couldn't they have reconsidered the length of his stay / appearance (not 4 days but 3 or 2 ) so that he could come ?
One more thing . Robert Picardo and John de Lancie are 'sponsored guests' , which means that their autograph and photo are not included in the purchase price of gold and platin tickets . Let me remind you of these prices : 899 euros and 1,599 euros !!!