Fedcon 27, May 18 - 21 2018

tvero80

Re: Fedcon 27, May 18 - 21 2018

Post by tvero80 »

KateR wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:48 pm
tvero80 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:50 pm In Düsseldorf , during the m&g RDA told us he wasn't paid for cons . Does FedCon get a percentage on every pic and autograph ? That's what I'd like to know !!!
I don't know what RDA said at the Meet and Greet, but that statement is not accurate.

I am waiting to hear RDA's version of the FedCon situation, but in the meantime, I suppose I have to take the link off the homepage.

So sorry for all those who had already bought their tickets to go. :(

Kate
Oh ,sorry . I have two entrance tickets I'll never use ( Gatecon and FedCon now ) . I guess it's the ending which doesn't bring me luck ( 'con' means jerk in French ...) . But I have met him before . Thinking of J, Kti , NiLa, Caty , it was their first ...they must be devastated :(
eurmos

Post by eurmos »

So sorry for you guys. This really stinks. Hopefully you will all get an opportunity to meet him soon.
Beth
BarbaraB

Post by BarbaraB »

I am so sorry for everyone who planned to go. :cry:
Barbara
Irina

Post by Irina »

Oh ... What a sad news ... :( I'm so sorry for those who bought tickets. I'm afraid to dream of such a meeting with the RDA, because dreams often do not come true ... :( :cry:
"It's very difficult to say "goodbye" to someone who means so much... "
("To be a Man")
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

I can only say I am very disappointed!
My first experience with a convention and then something like that?
That stops me from trying it again!
It's not just about the fact that I am now sitting on two tickets, which I will not use. I do not want to visit the event anymore, let alone give them more money. There are other things that depend on it, but nobody cares.
But the worst part is the disappointment.
My son and I, we were looking forward to this weekend.
Now, not only do I have to handle my own disappointment, no, I also have to somehow explain it to my child.
Why should something work in my crappy life? It never does, I should have guessed. I can not eat as much as I want to puke (Sorry,
but that had to be said).

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
Kti

Post by Kti »

JackGywer wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:39 pm I can only say I am very disappointed!
It's not just about the fact that I am now sitting on two tickets, which I will not use. I do not want to visit the event anymore, let alone give them more money. There are other things that depend on it, but nobody cares.
Now, not only do I have to handle my own disappointment, no, I also have to somehow explain it to my child.
Why should something work in my crappy life? It never does, I should have guessed. I can not eat as much as I want to puke (Sorry,
I'm also very disappointed. I've a headache from howling.
I'm so angry because of my paied ticket for nothing.
But who knows what it's good for? That must have any reason.
We'll meet him! On another (sorry V.) con.
And please stop saying crappy life.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Kti wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:45 pm
JackGywer wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:39 pm I can only say I am very disappointed!
I'm also very disappointed. I've a headache from howling.
I'm so angry because of my paied ticket for nothing.
But who knows what it's good for? That must have any reason.
We'll meet him! On another (sorry V.) con.
And please stop saying crappy life.
These German FedCons are huge machines ! They squeeze money out of you ( the prices are so high :x ) and they exploited RDA too ( in Düsseldorf he was exhausted running from a photo op to an autograph session . When he arrived at the m&g he was eating a sandwish , didn't have time to eat ...).This is FedCon!!!! He should go to other cons , not as big as this one . I was told that it was much cooler in Toulouse .
Once again I'm sorry you missed him , ladies...so sorry. Some other day , somewhere else maybe ?
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

I am curious about what RDA knows about the situation.. I don't trust Paul that much.. Maybe he knew lots of loyalists were coming his way... dangerous grounds for him....
I'm so sorry for all of you who were going... :( :( :(
I agree with Kti.. When something doesn't work, there is another thing coming up wich works.. don't give up, keep the spirit, although it's so hard, wich I can imagine..
Except RDA ofcourse...

Can't we create our own secretly silent honest fun meeting, without all those moneylurking organisations... ;) Would/could be fun.. and if it's difficult or to expensive, something with skype, or something like that....
I can help in the organisation if it's a good idea, and maybe it's a crazy idea, then forget about it immediately ;)... just don't want to give up hope... sure there will be another chance coming up...

don't lose the spirit
Lots of love,

Lies

PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Anne wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:58 pm
tvero80 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:41 pm
Anne wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:38 pm

No, they cancelled him.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgBMMwTlv7z/
Not so sure . I don't trust PB!
:? Well, they already confirned it, I just don't have a link to their FB page. A friend copied their post for me. Basically it doesn't make a big difference for me - he won't be there and we will only get refunds for photo ops and autographs, but not for tickets. I'm angry, especially because I really was torn on going because I dislike the FedCon ppl and their attitude and I only bought a ticket because od RDA.
PB's announcement:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
If you can't say anything nice.....

PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Of course PB is looking into putting a con together featuring RDA and other SG actors. He had announced plans for a Meet the Man 2 last year and said he dropped the idea because he didn't want to do all of the work required to get a con together. It will be interesting to see what comes out of it.

(Kate if you think this post is inappropriate please feel free to delete it. I'll understand)
If you can't say anything nice.....