Quench the Fire 2014

PamK1950

Re: Quench the Fire 2014

Post by PamK1950 »

I'm traveling around CA this week with Fandango. We're up in Monterey these next three days and then are heading back down to the LA area until Sunday. I have some pictures to post and I will as soon as I can.

Pam
If you can't say anything nice.....

tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Many thanks Pam.
Have a nice time in California , the weather is fine apparently judging from the pictures Karyyl shared (thank you Karyyl).
V
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Thank you so much Karyyl for the wonderful pictures and the nice report from QTF. We already know that Rick is such a sweet and gentle person with a golden heart. And he proves that once again, by paying special attention to all these handicapped people who attended the Run. And despite his heavy schedule, having a flight to catch right after the event, he always honors his causes. And that shows his remarkable and unique personality. It was really nice to see his photos. He looks GREAT. And I love his haircut. It was a little sad to read that he was leaning over a few times because of his back pain, probably. I hate to think that he was hurting, but I hope he's dealing with it the best way he can. And also it's really sad to know that he's kind of upset and has a lot on his mind, due to that problem with his best friend's wife. I only wish things would be different. Well, Rick must be already in New Zealand by now. I hope he has a good rest before the con starts, and be as happy as he can be to share this new adventure with his fans. We can't wait to see him again, smiling and talking on stage, sharing memories Rick's beautiful and heartfelt smile is really therapeutic. I hope he has a wonderful time in New Zealand. Thanks again Karyyl for sharing.
Karyyl

Post by Karyyl »

The brain cancer thing has been going on for years, I just wanted people to know he has quoted that as one of his top causes in the past. I don't think he was sad on Sunday. More like a little tired. He still noticed babies, and friends, and fans, and joked some.
j-sky

Post by j-sky »

Thanks for the news and pictures :)!
Kti

Post by Kti »

Thank you very much from me too, Karyyl. You've posted us these impressing images and feed us with news.
But what's about you? Because of your misgivings. How was the 1 mile for you and your endurance? Did you find new informations? Only a bit what could help or support your brother?
I hope so!
About all our joy for newest images of our hero, we shouldn't forget the reason of this event.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thank you, Karyyl, for the great photos of RDA. I hope you had a very meaningful and wonderful time there.
B
Karyyl

Post by Karyyl »

The one-mile was no problem, except for realizing that all those people with REAL physical problems were as fast as I was. But then there was a lot of walking to booths, and from the parking area to the booth area, so it added up to more, which was fine, but might not have been fine if I'd tried to do the 5K.

This is so stupid. I've let myself go completely out-of-shape, first from smoking, then from hurting my back and recovering, and now it's really more from facebook addiction. All I need is some motivation, in both senses of the word. So I need to start walking briskly around my block, which is not flat, so that next year I'll do the 5K. I'm actually quite healthy now that I mostly vape instead of smoking, maybe I can drop those last 4 combustibles a day and get back in shape.

The reason I cut myself out of the picture (you can see part of my shoulder only) is because I was wearing a T-shirt that says "Vape on! Shame off." and I didn't want to make it appear that Richard was endorsing anything. WE all know that's how he takes pictures with fans, but the rest of the world might not know that.
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

Thank you Karyyl for your report and pictures. :D :D :D
Claudia
Caty

Post by Caty »

Many thanks for your report and the photos, Karyyl :D
I'm really sorry for Rick, that his back hurts so much. Hopefully he gets the rest he needs for himself.

Take care of yourself, Rick
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)