Quench the Fire 2014

tvero80

Re: Quench the Fire 2014

Post by tvero80 »

Yes,he does look good in blue with short hair.I would have loved to be the girl sitting in front of him,wonder what he was telling her...
Thanks for sharing this first photo.
V
Kti

Post by Kti »

When I saw this pic today on another website, first I thought it's an older pic. He looks very good :D. I hope he feels so also :!:
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

tvero80 wrote:Yes,he does look good in blue with short hair.I would have loved to be the girl sitting in front of him,wonder what he was telling her...
Thanks for sharing this first photo.
V
This is a GREAT photo! I was not sure I could find it on that website, but I did. He looks so good and, as Kti said, I hope he was feeling good as well. We know he leaves for the Armageddon Expo soon so I hope he can be rested and relaxed for that event also.
mac_jack_fangirl wrote:There's a photo of RDA on this FB page.... blue shirt and short hair.... looks very good :o ;)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/USC-Quen ... 4785526703
Thanks for the link to this photo, mac_jack_fangirl....and for any others that anyone posts. Looking forward to Pam's report also.
Last edited by bftlovesRDA on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Kti wrote: He looks very good :D. I hope he feels so also :!:
So do I.Maybe Pam will tell us more about it.
V
Karyyl

Post by Karyyl »

I got a picture of him and me which I'll post ASAP, maybe tonight. I may or may not have any other pictures. RDA was sweet but subdued on Sunday, I overheard that his flight to New Zealand was the SAME DAY so he had to pack and run after about 2.5 hours. And a couple of times he leaned over on something for a minute like he does at conventions when his back starts hurting.

I did not get to meet/identify anybody else from this forum at the event.

RDA was especially sweet and attentive to people in wheelchairs, especially if they had "bib numbers" that meant they did the 1-mile "walk/roll" -- I found it interesting that I HAD TROUBLE KEEPING UP with a lot of handicapped people on the walk, including people pushing their own wheelchairs from behind in between periods of rolling, people purely rolling, people on crutches, people with leg braces, etc.

It is clear that this issue is a personal cause for Richard, maybe not quite up there with the brain cancer (his best friend's wife has it) and Sea Shepherd, but up there.

Also, I had seen/met him last march at a ComicCon in Seattle, and I noticed that he's lost some more weight since then, and he's starting to show signs of getting those famous cheekbones back. Just a hint, but it's a change.
Last edited by Karyyl on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Karyyl wrote:I got a picture of him and me which I'll post ASAP, maybe tonight. I may or may not have any other pictures. RDA was sweet but subdued on Sunday, I overheard that his flight to New Zealand was the SAME DAY so he had to pack and run after about 2.5 hours. And a couple of times he leaned over on something for a minute like he does at conventions when his back starts hurting.

I did not get to meet/identify anybody else from this forum at the event.

RDA was especially sweet and attentive to people in wheelchairs, especially if they had "bib numbers" that meant they did the 1-mile "walk/roll" -- I found it interesting that I HAD TROUBLE KEEPING UP with a lot of handicapped people on the walk, including people pushing their own wheelchairs from behind in between periods of rolling, people purely rolling, people on crutches, people with leg braces, etc.

It is clear that this issue is a personal cause for Richard, maybe not quite up their with the brain cancer (his best friend's wife has it) and Sea Shepherd, but up there.

Also, I had seen/met him last march at a ComicCon in Seattle, and I noticed that he's lost some more weight since then, and he's starting to show signs of getting those famous cheekbones back. Just a hint, but it's a change.
Thank you, Karryl, for this good report from QTF 2014. I am sorry to read that he was leaning over as he does sometimes when his back is hurting and that he was a bit subdued....but we can understand that given his need to pack and run as you say to catch his flight to New Zealand. That was sweet to know that RDA paid special attention to the people in wheelchairs - esp to those with bib numbers. He is just such a class act. Good to read that he looks like he has lost some more weight and those famous cheekbones are there even if just a slight bit.....good to read. Thanks again for the report. So glad to read it.

Look forward to the photo(s) too.
Last edited by bftlovesRDA on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Many thanks for sharing what you noticed Karyyl. He obviously has things on his mind but honours his commitments...
V
Karyyl

Post by Karyyl »

Karyyl

Post by Karyyl »

This is not me, he's saying goodbye to another fan/racer.
Karyyl

Post by Karyyl »