Quench the Fire 2014

Kti

Re: Quench the Fire 2014

Post by Kti »

I try don't smoke since more then 7 weeks. It's hard. Especially when drink coffee at morning... something is missing... and go also go on.
You feel you out of shape. Sunday event was a good step. I'm happy for you, you've been there!
Keep on trying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope your back gets better, doesn't makes more pain!!!!!!!!!!
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Kti wrote:I try don't smoke since more then 7 weeks. It's hard. Especially when drink coffee at morning... something is missing... and go also go on.
You feel you out of shape. Sunday event was a good step. I'm happy for you, you've been there!
Keep on trying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope your back gets better, doesn't makes more pain!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, good for you Kti!!!! Keep on going, you can do it!!

Karyyl, so much respect for you and all the other runners who have been there last sunday!!!
And THANK YOU for the reports and wonderful pictures!!!
I agree with Kti, you've made this start, keep it going!! You can do it!!
Lots of love,

Lies

Karyyl

Post by Karyyl »

My back is fine most of the time. Unless I do something wrong and "throw my back out" -- then I can't drive for 3 days, which is OK because I can commute electronically. If I exercise more, then that will happen less often. Right now it's about 3 times/year. But when I recover (2 weeks later) I'm fine without ANY discomfort at all for months and months. And I can lift things as long as I lift CORRECTLY. It's just that after 2 weeks of sitting still, I get addicted to a forum or something then I "don't have time" to exercise. But now that I've seen how a 5K works (I'd never been to one before) I'll just think of doing the 5K at QTF next year whenever I think I "don't have time" to get back in shape.

And thanks, fangirl, for posting those OTHER pictures, they were fun and nice, and most of all, had RDA!
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

nicolemj@otenet.gr wrote:And also it's really sad to know that he's kind of upset and has a lot on his mind, due to that problem with his best friend's wife.
Just to clarify, the wife of RDA's very good friend was diagnosed with brain cancer many years ago. It is because of his connection with that family that he first became involved with Art of the Brain, one of the charities he publicly supports. You can learn more about Art of the Brain and the work they do, (and make a donation if you choose), by going to the Charity page of this website.

Kate
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Thank you Kate for your Information. I didn't really know that this problem with the brain cancer (with RDA's best friend's wife) has been going on for years. I just thought he might be a little concerned and sad because Karyyl mentioned he seemed a little "quiet" at QTF, and I thought it was something recent that happened (the health problem). But now that you explained, I understand. And I will read about this charity, "Art of the Brain", that RDA supports among others. Thank you again for the explanation.
Lis

Post by Lis »

The sister of my girlfriend died of brain cancer in early March.
Until her death, I have looked after her and sat on the last day for 8 hours on her bed.
It's not nice to lose a loved one so.
You will always be in my heart continued life and that is what counts in the end.
To Rick, I would say: Be strong and for your friend and his wife there. They need now good friends should know that you are always there for them.
Thank you for the beautyful Pics of Rick. He looks very good.
Lis
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Lis wrote:The sister of my girlfriend died of brain cancer in early March.
Until her death, I have looked after her and sat on the last day for 8 hours on her bed.
It's not nice to lose a loved one so.
You will always be in my heart continued life and that is what counts in the end.
To Rick, I would say: Be strong and for your friend and his wife there. They need now good friends should know that you are always there for them.
Thank you for the beautyful Pics of Rick. He looks very good.
Lis
Thank you, Lis, for your comments - I know that had to be hard for you and for all concerned - being there for the sister of your girlfriend during her illness and her death. I know it has to be very difficult to be there like that so thank you for your caring enough to be with your friend's sister til the end. I know Rick would appreciate all your words of encouragement for his friend's situation also.
B
Karyyl

Post by Karyyl »

Brave woman, Lis. I admire your strength and courage.
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Okay, here are some of my pictures from QTF. You may copy them if you'
d like, but please give the proper credit. Thanks. Pam

(The images are rather large so I'm only going to include 4 or 5 on each post)

POST 1

Last edited by PamK1950 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't say anything nice.....

PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

PART 2

If you can't say anything nice.....