Return to the Gate ,Australia ,November 2017

tvero80

Return to the Gate ,Australia ,November 2017

Post by tvero80 »

New con in August !
tvero80

Re: Return to the Gate ,Australia ,November 2017

Post by tvero80 »

Change of plans ! Michael Shanks isn't available in August any more so they've decided to postpone the con until November .
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

It's OK. Better late than never, right? It's great that we'll have the chance to enjoy both, Rick and Michael on stage. I think it was a good idea on behalf of the organizers, to delay the con for a couple months, so that both actors would be able to attend. And we're talking about Jack and Daniel. They are wonderful together. It's gonna be a fantastic and a very successful panel. Thank you V for letting us know.
BarbaraB

Post by BarbaraB »

tvero80 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:04 pm Change of plans ! Michael Shanks isn't available in August any more so they've decided to postpone the con until November .
It's nice of the other actors to agree to change the dates of the con so that Michael can attend.

But I think if I had planned to go, I would be rather upset at the change of plans!
Barbara
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

BarbaraB wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:01 am It's nice of the other actors to agree to change the dates of the con so that Michael can attend.

But I think if I had planned to go, I would be rather upset at the change of plans!
I agree . August was an opportunity for people living far away from Australia to go , being on holiday. November is obviously meant for people who live closer, in the country . They may get fewer visitors . But as Nicole said it's better late than never and they need Daniel for the 20th anniversary ,don't they ? By the way Nicole , don't thank me, thank Kate . I just had a look at the dates of the appearances and saw they had changed . So I checked on the website and understood why . That's all .Well, maybe it's better for Rick . He'll have plenty of time to rest after his flight from London and to celebrate his daughter's birthday properly contrary to last year ;)
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

You're right V. This change of dates might be actually a lot better and more suitable for Rick, so that he'll be able to celebrate together with Wylie her special day on August 2. Hope they will get to go to Catalina combining Wylie's birthday and short summer vacation. Wishing them a great time together.
Anne

Post by Anne »

I think that if an actor is offered a real job, as in a movie role, he has to take that over a convention. Postponing is way better than just cancelling him imho. None of them, except maybe Rick, is in a position to pass a job offer for a convention
Just my two cents...
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

I guess RDA 's getting ready for another long flight to Australia ...hope he will have a safe journey and a great time in kangaroo land

with Amanda /Sam (*)

and Michael /Daniel (**)

* make out scene
** banter rhythm (another reference to slcc , as you can see I really enjoyed his panel ;) )
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Just saw this tweet from Amanda:

Landed in Sydney! Walking to stay awake. Hanging with this guy. #RichardDeanAnderson He still… https://www.instagram.com/p/Ba-yKupBTMD/

"Sam" and "Jack", together again♥
If you can't say anything nice.....

tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

PamK1950 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:33 am Just saw this tweet from Amanda:

Landed in Sydney! Walking to stay awake. Hanging with this guy. #RichardDeanAnderson He still… https://www.instagram.com/p/Ba-yKupBTMD/

"Sam" and "Jack", together again♥
...hanging out :) Thanks for sharing ,Pam.