Return to the Gate ,Australia ,November 2017

tvero80

Re: Return to the Gate ,Australia ,November 2017

Post by tvero80 »

I'm afraid we won't have any videos of the event . The spectators were forbidden to film apparently . Have they decided to sell a DVD like in Düsseldorf ? I haven't found any info on their website yet . Return to the Gate is updated here now so Kate isn't very hopeful, is she ? ( :? :?: ) I may be wrong but if I'm not I think it's mean and I thank other 'cons' ( like in Toulouse and Salt Lake City ) for filming and sharing the appearances for free .
BeachSunset

Post by BeachSunset »

Yes, you are correct, I was very lucky to be able to attend the Melbourne event and we were not allowed to film so as to allow the actors to speak freely on any topic and we were only allowed to take photos for the first 10 mins of each session. :!: Sorry for the delay in my note, I had an exam to study for and sit after returning from my trip! I have met Richard before, but he always takes my breath away and it was my first time meeting Amanda and Michael.

The doors open....time to open your eyes.... :) I could hear my heart beating! We take our seats and wait for Richard, Amanda, Michael, Corin and Gary to stroll across the stage. I take a breath and can’t stop smiling as Richard leads the way. He looks amazing and so does Amanda. We are all clapping and taking photos and there is a buzz in the air. The guests make themselves comfortable and the questions are started. Most have been covered at previous events but there were lots of laughs and funny moments and clearly, they all get on well together. Here are some of my highlights..

Would Richard, Amanda and Michael do another Stargate series if the opportunity presented itself: Yes, absolutely they all said (but not the prequel as that wouldn’t make sense). They did say that the set had recently been dismantled and it was rather a sad moment.
Future projects: Gary has a Sci-Fi comedy in the pipeline and has approached Richard to be part of it. Gary also has a part in the Eggplant emoji movie. Corin is working on another movie and it was his birthday that day so we all sung happy birthday and there were some pics put up from his earlier tv shows (Parker Lewis Can’t Lose etc).

Amanda recalled one of my favorites - the “MacGyver” prank (when they were stuck on an ice glacier). She decided to seize the moment and take Richard completely off guard (even though she hadn’t seen many of the MacGyver shows before) and it worked! He was totally taken by surprise.
Amanda had a scene with Richard where Sam was married to Jack in an alternative universe, and she had to cry. To get ‘in the moment’ she remembers crying for 3 hours. Richard came over to console her and she felt he really cared about her, (of course that’s our caring man) or maybe he just wanted her to stop sobbing she said! Amanda also told the story about originally being cast and having to wear a skimpy outfit but she insisted on the uniform the men were wearing (thank goodness!).

Richard talked about some of the injuries he had during the filming of MacGyver - slashing his finger badly when he had to rip open the rear car seat (I think the episode was ‘Three for the Road’?). His all-time favorite show of course is Legend :D . One of his favorite Stargate episodes was Brief Candle where he ages.
He was asked what he thought of the “new MacGyver” and of course not impressed, everything moves to fast rather than the formula of the original MacGyver - him seeing a problem, showing you the items to solve the problem, then putting them all together and of course too many guns! They seem to have just borrowed the name.

We also had the opportunity to have photos and autographs and Richard was a true gentleman and incredibly sweet. He looks so good in person and he makes you feel completely comfortable. I asked him if he suffered from jet lag but he said he was fine. We then briefly chatted and I didn’t want it to end!
If you haven’t met him before, make sure you do! :D He’s totally worth it and you will never forget the experience, (even if you are nervous and your legs turn to jelly).
I hope that gives you an idea about some of the weekend. I will try and attach a photo and I have sent some to Kate.
yolie

Post by yolie »

Thanks for your awesome coverage of what you remembered from the convention. Read it with
much enthusiasm :) :) :) :) Thanks for sharing.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Thanks for sharing , BeachSunset !!! (beautiful username by the way ;) ) And you took some pictures too ? Great ! Can't wait to see them .
Irina

Post by Irina »

BeachSunset, thank you very much for sharing! That was great! :) :)
"It's very difficult to say "goodbye" to someone who means so much... "
("To be a Man")
BarbaraB

Post by BarbaraB »

Thanks for sharing with us, BeachSunset! It sounds like you had a wonderful time! :D
Barbara