Quench the Fire 2017

PamK1950

Re: Quench the Fire 2017

Post by PamK1950 »

Heading to California tomorrow morning after spending a few days in Tucson, AZ with my best friend Pat. (We met on this website in 2009)
Have everything set for my attempt at the 5K, including a playlist for running. If my timing is right I should be crossing the finish line to the lovely strains of the MacGyver theme song. ;) ;) ;)
If you can't say anything nice.....

Annelies

Post by Annelies »

There wouldn't be a better finish song!!!! ;) Have fun and GO FOR IT!!!
In thoughts with you all!!
Lots of love,

Lies

Rennie

Post by Rennie »

I just picked up my bib and shirt at Road Runner. Bib number is 127
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Go, run, fly... and hug RDA :)
LexiW

Post by LexiW »

Hello everyone it's 1:42 AM and I'm on a greyhound bus. But I'm on my way to the event. I'm going on absolutely no sleep, been working like crazy. But I'll have pretty much all black on pink sneakers so Pam and anyone else I'll look out for you. I'm so happy to support and photograph a great event and meet wonderful people as well as Rick which part of me wanted to share a story with him that isn't to happy but how one show helped so many kids get through a tough time. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Kate, I'll email you pics from the event since I'm not sure how to upload or I'll have Pam show me.

Lexi
LexiW

Post by LexiW »

Sorry for the double post. If Kate can delete the second one. Internet not great on the bus
LexiW

Post by LexiW »

Just sitting at the Los Angeles bus terminal to head back to Vegas. I am exhausted but I absolutely had so much fun today , I met so many truly wonderful people today and had a chance to hear there stories. I'll email photos and videos to Kate once I get home. This was the first time I've met Richard and I have to say hands down he is absolutely one of the nicest and most compassionate human beings that I have ever met in my life. I wish more people and celebrities were more like him. I did tell him about my little visit to the set to the "so called MacGyver show and my thoughts and comments on the show , that truly made his day that I told them that hey he is and made that show. He took time with everyone, not one person was rushed at all. It was so nice to meet Pam as well. Richard did do I believe the 5 k walk and was a little sore. I truly look forward to going next year as well.
BarbaraB

Post by BarbaraB »

Thanks for the report, Lexi. I'm so glad you had a good time and got to chat with our wonderful RDA! :D
Barbara
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Thank you Lexi for your report and your good impressions from the QTF event. I can imagine your excitement getting to meet our beloved Rick, and how sweet, gentle and caring this wonderful man is with everybody. Looking forward to seeing all the pictures and videos, as well as more of the wonderful stories you got to share from the event. Thanks again for this wonderful first report.
LexiW

Post by LexiW »

I'll be emailing my photos and videos to Kate today or tomorrow so she can share them with you all. He is definitely one of the sweetest people I have spoken to. He was interested to hear me discuss going on th set of the new MacGyver and my thoughts and sharing a personal story that touched his heart. I was trying to speed up my conversation with him and confused the poor guy a little. But he did have me slow down and explain to him the story, I apologized because at first I think he thought we blamed the show MacGyver for the tragedy. I was like no,' no the show wasn't on the air when it happened. He's like oh ok. I follow. I've had the chance to work with a lot of celebrities and Rick is truly such a kind and compassionate person and I have so much respect for him. I also started getting a little worried because I had to catch a 12:20 bus to get home and I'm asking people how long will it take me to get to SanFernando , he was the only one to give me a straight out answer that I wasn't panicked about missing my bus.

I had such a great day, but was so sad to come home to such a horrible tragedy here in Vegas.

Lexi