Chat Room

PamK1950

Re: Chat Room

Post by PamK1950 »

It was nice to see you on chat last night.
NiLa wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:25 pm

I just had just one problem: When I came to the webside and used to button "Live Chat" I got the old chatroom link. When I used the link in "updates", it worked perfect. Only my problem??? I browse with Windows Internet Explorer....

Anja ;)
It could be that the home page needs to be "refreshed". That's happened to me a few times.

PamK
If you can't say anything nice.....

Annelies

Post by Annelies »

NiLa wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:25 pm I had much fun last night, too, in spite of the time.

As there are so few from Europe....ladies....I think we can manage the problem with the time, can't we? (I think it's more ladies around here... ;) )

Anyway, it was much fun and I am looking forward the next time in two weeks.

I just had just one problem: When I came to the webside and used to button "Live Chat" I got the old chatroom link. When I used the link in "updates", it worked perfect. Only my problem??? I browse with Windows Internet Explorer....

Anja ;)
It was fun to see you to, and all of you btw!! And I surely recommend al the other europian visitors around here to join sometime or to set a date to come together.. We could meet in about 2 weeks 22:00 europian time for instance..
Just an idea...Same day as our other wild loyalists only a view hours later/earlier...
I loved yesterdaynight(for me early this morning, just like NiLa)..to see everyone and chat with everyone from around the world ;) Boy.....If we would be the United Nations.....the world would look a lot better, I'm sure of it........Don't get me wrong they do excellent work..

It was mentioned because of all those people on the chat... But we could do a lot together..
:lol: Rick.....you've created a big loyal Fandom around the world....A rolemodel for many of us, so.........
United Loyalists???????? Making peace, respect and love finally work??????
Lol...sorry....just let my imagination go... I mean look at this forum....so fantastic with lots of fantastic lovely people around the world....just wow....
Lots of love,

Lies

NiLa

Post by NiLa »

PamK1950 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:47 pm It was nice to see you on chat last night.
NiLa wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:25 pm

Anja ;)
It could be that the home page needs to be "refreshed". That's happened to me a few times.

PamK
Thanks for the advice, PamK. I'll try the "refreshment", maybe it will work for me, too.
BTW: It was very nice, to see you, too :) Can't wait for the next chat time....

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

Loocking at the time zones, I write a small table with some countries on the world. Perhaps, we'll find a moment that is good for everyone together... I hope I'm not wrong... :roll:
Unfortunately, Australia is hard to coincide...

Per example :

New York : 18:00
Los Angeles : 15:00
United Kingdom: 23:00
France : Midnight
Germany : 1:00 AM
Greece : 1:00 AM
Australia : 9:00 AM

New York : 17:00
Los Angeles : 14:00
United Kingdom: 22:00
France : 23:00
Germany : Midnight
Greece : Midnight
Australia : 8:00 AM

New York : 16:00
Los Angeles : 13:00
United Kingdom: 21:00
France : 22:00
Germany : 23:00
Greece : 23:00
Australia : 7:00 AM

New York : 15:00
Los Angeles : 12:00
United Kingdom: 20:00
France : 21:00
Germany : 22:00
Greece : 22:00
Australia : 6:00 AM

New York : 14:00
Los Angeles : 11:00 AM
United Kingdom: 19:00
France : 20:00
Germany : 21:00
Greece : 21:00
Australia : 5:00 AM

:D
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

What a setting nice work Frenchwriter!!! It's almost impossible to get really everybody but boy it would be a challenge😂
we could set a world record maybe then Rick won't be a verb only (with MacGyver) but also a world record holder😂
Lots of love,

Lies

KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

I thought France and Germany were in the same time zone?

This is the site I use to double check international times:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

It's especially tricky now because we will start shifting to Daylight Saving Time in the next couple of weeks - some countries/states do, some don't, and they don't all change on the same day. And to make it more confusing, when we "spring ahead," Australia and the southern hemisphere "fall back," so there is a TWO hour time difference. (That's why I cheat and use a website rather than try to do the math!) :)

For this next chat, on March 4th, you may want to use the room at 10pm European time, which would be afternoon in the US, and then the regular chat would pick up at 10pm Eastern time. Which means people could drop in on and off pretty much all day, since sometimes chats can go for several hours.

If there is enough interest from people in European time zones, we can either compromise with a middle time, or have two separate chats. In that case, you might want to consider having the European chat on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays, so that people interested in attending both can come on either Saturday, rather than having one marathon chat twice a month. Just a suggestion.

(FYI, a European chat was started several years ago, but it didn't last long because not enough people were interested, and that's why I didn't try to change the chat time. But this time, if people really want to come chat, we can consider the options again.)

Kate
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Considering the small numbers that have been on chat prior to the update, this is a nice "problem" to have. I like the idea of a second chat on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month. :)
If you can't say anything nice.....

frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

I take note to come at 22:00 tomorrow (time of UK or France or Germany ?? 😉) . Just to know... I don't want to come at wrong time of course...
Who will come ?
eurmos

Post by eurmos »

I will be there from Ohio in the U.S.

Beth
Beth
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

I suddenly have late shift tomorrow night but certainly will try to drop by.. it's weekend and most of the people are away so there is a chance I'll be alone for a moment to join the chat..
Lots of love,

Lies