Chat Room

bftlovesRDA

Re: Chat Room

Post by bftlovesRDA »

eurmos wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:46 am
bftlovesRDA wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:18 am Sorry I missed the 4pm chat and I just now checked the chatroom at 10:17 PM and no one was in there....so I will have to try again next week. Sometimes life just gets in the way....... :D :(
Sorry I missed you. I was logged in until about 10 after 10 and then I gave up on anyone else logging in. See you nest week.
See you then, I hope!
B
AnttiS

Post by AnttiS »

Hey,

Is there a schedule for these online chats?

Thanks,
-Antti
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

The scheduled online chats take place on Saturdays at 4 PM Eastern US time and 10 PM Eastern US time.

They don't happen every Saturday necessarily. But I have learned to just be here at those times any Saturday and go in the chat room and see if there is anyone else there to chat with. The 4 PM chat time is for European members and the 10 PM chat time is for USA members. BUT people chat at both times no matter where they are from sometimes.

Others can chime in and tell you the official chat room schedule. I am not sure of it.....so I just do as I stated above and enjoy chatting with whomever is in the chat room at either time I am able to join in. Hope to see you there soon.
B
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

AnttiS wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 1:43 pm
Is there a schedule for these online chats?

-Antti
Way back when these chats first started (23 years ago when everyone was on AOL - yikes!) we met only once a month. Then we expanded to twice a month. Then we added two more days at new times that were more convenient for fans in Europe. And now there are people who chat twice every Saturday.

I had posted the schedule for the original chats on the Chat page, but the "European time" chat has become so popular that it is sometimes bigger than the "US time" chat, so I've finally updated the Chat page with the information for both.

In short, the chat room is always available if anyone wants to meet up with friends there. But regular chats happen on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays at 10pm Eastern US time, and on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays at 10pm Central European time. But quite a few people show up on ALL Saturdays at BOTH times.

So just try stopping by and see who's there. :)

And welcome, Antti :)

Kate
BarbaraB

Post by BarbaraB »

Sorry I missed the chat last night. I was at "Letters Live NYC." A group of very talented actors, including Benedict Cumberbatch, James Earl Jones, Edie Falco, Molly Ringwald, Kyle MacLachlan, and Chevy Chase read letters from famous people and not-famous people. The letter writers included George Bernard Shaw and Helen Keller and some hilarious letters of complaint written by regular people to Continental Airlines and Proctor & Gamble. It was really a magical night.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good Memorial Day weekend! :)
Barbara
louby1980

Post by louby1980 »

I always forget chats..i never know what time and when to go to the chat room..also sometimes i am at work
eurmos

Post by eurmos »

louby1980 wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:05 pm I always forget chats..i never know what time and when to go to the chat room..also sometimes i am at work
Today us the first Saturday of the month therefore the chat is at 10:00 p.m. eastern time. Hope to see you there!
Beth
louby1980

Post by louby1980 »

whats that english time? 3am?...as i will be catching some zzzzzzz then hehe
louby1980

Post by louby1980 »

just checked..yep 3am..will set me alarm :lol: :lol:
louby1980

Post by louby1980 »