Chat Room

NiLa

Re: Chat Room

Post by NiLa »

I'd love to chat with you guys...but as frenchwriter said the time is not so great for people from Europe.

But I'll try it anyway. Hope I'll hear the alarm clock... :roll:

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Just checked the calenders.. I work every first and every third weekend... how lucky can a girl get :roll: but when I have late shifts I'll try to be there for a while..first weekend in may I'm off already set my agenda for it :D
Lots of love,

Lies

Lis

Post by Lis »

Hi to all they are going in the chat room.
It's stupid to be alone in the chat room.
When can we meet us in the chat despite the time shift?
Between Berlin and Los Angeles the time difference is 9 hours.
I would like to write with someone to learn better English
I always use the Google translator
Who would like to write to me?
Perhaps one can make a time which would be good for both sides.
Lis
eurmos

Post by eurmos »

Lis, the 10:00 time is actually eastern time which is 3 hours later than Los Angeles time so when we are on at 10 it is only 7 in L.A. I am in Ohio and in the eastern time zone. Hope you can manage to join us soon. The more people there are, the more fun things we can talk about.
Beth
Beth
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

So true I can't wait!! Next weekend I have to start working @ 7.00 am.. Chattime is, if I'm correct 4:00 am(dutch time), so I dont know if I can join you then.. I have 2 hours of sleep then before I have to wake up for work.. When I have a night shift it's deffinetly possible....
Lots of love,

Lies

KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

I spent the afternoon playing around with the chat room, and I think I finally have it working the way I want it.

I removed all the "documentation" stuff on the left, changed the title (I may eventually also change the parrot image), and set myself as the admin. Then I also got it to clear the screen when you enter, to ask you for a nickname, and to turn off the annoying sound effects.

For now it seems to be working, so I invite people to check it out and see if there are any remaining bugs.

The chat room is always open - ie it doesn't require an admin to open it and hold it open. So, Europeans who don't want to be chatting at 4am (I don't blame you!) can set up another time. If enough people want to use the room, we can talk about whether we want to set a new/different time that works for most time zones, or to set up multiple chat times for different regions.

Feel free to use this thread to set up times and invite friends.

You should be able to get to the room now by clicking the Live Chat button at the top of the homepage. (If you still get that annoying pop-up and Java error thing from the old room, refresh the page.)

Hope to be chatting with people there. :)

Kate
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Kate,

I've been trying to remember when the European chat was held back in 2009 when I first joined the forum. I thought it was the 3rd Saturday of the month starting around 1:00 pm Eastern time. Maybe our friends across the pond can set up something like that again.

Just a thought

P
If you can't say anything nice.....

Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Kate Thank you!!!! 😘 @ my close neighbors in Europe, we could also keep a chat session at 22:00 every 1st and 3rd of the month European time. . And I was also thinking I sometimes chatted with other wild loyalists by setting a time through pm's.. that's also one of the possibilities..

A good thought Pam ;)
Lots of love,

Lies

BarbaraB

Post by BarbaraB »

Kate,

I hadn't been able to access the chat room, but I just tried again and it works. Thanks for fixing it! :)

When you leave the chat room, is there a way to sign out from it?

Barbara
Barbara
eurmos

Post by eurmos »

BarbaraB wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:20 pm Kate,

I hadn't been able to access the chat room, but I just tried again and it works. Thanks for fixing it! :)

When you leave the chat room, is there a way to sign out from it?

Barbara
On the lower left corner is a blue circle with a lightning bolt on it. Click it and you are signed out.
Beth
Beth