RDA at Phoenix Comic Con

tvero80

Re: RDA at Phoenix Comic Con

Post by tvero80 »

Anne wrote:
tvero80 wrote:the audience was very/more enthusiastic and responded to his jokes. In Germany he couldn't help saying funny things but he always added 'sorry, just kidding' afterwards. Obviously we were not always on the same wavelength ,this was foreign soil (language barrier + humour :) ).
I think one of the big problems on FedCon was the language barrier. That was a big issue with the questions, too. Imho the FedCon people need to put someone in there by the mike who can help translate for the fans or even ask the question for them when things get rambly and 'oddly organized' in a way that makes it hard for everyone (not just the actors - I had trouble getting some of the questions too ) to understand. Someone who can just jump in and help. I don't know why they aren't doing this since they have that problem every year from what I've seen on the DVDs of previous years.
I think you did a great job in Germany.Your language skills are far better than ours in France.Whenever we have a 'guest' who speaks English we translate everything, it takes a lot of time and the conversation is jerky .For people like RDA, Amanda and Michael who like and need spontaneous things to get going and improvise I think it's the best way .
(thank you very much for sharing your photos and your notes during the panels ,Anne,I was upstairs far,far,far away and I couldn't catch everything ).

V
Anne

Post by Anne »

No, I didn't mean translating the panels. What I meant was someone to assist the fans during the Q and A so that everyone understands the question and can reply. Just some assistance. I had the impression that some fans were really very nervous and when RDA or MS goofed off on their question they got a bit panic and then there should have been someone to ... you know... just repeat the question to clear it up and give some moral support to the person asking the question. And to make replying easier for the actors. :)
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

I understood what you meant . And you're right.I bought the ticket for the meet & greet and saw him a little closer.He may be very sarcastic ( he was ,I'm used to it in France and he pulled my leg a couple of times, I let him win(!) after all he was far away from home , from his dogs,his family ,the LA Kings , I didn't mind losing, he was vulnerable :) :) :) ) but it may take you unawares if you aren't prepared.
After all ,Europe and the States are different for many reasons and in many ways .It's difficult for him and for us to adapt instantly.
Anyway ,I could meet him thanks to the FedCon and you (you're German, aren't you?)
So many ,many thanks.
V
Anne

Post by Anne »

tvero80 wrote:I understood what you meant . And you're right.I bought the ticket for the meet & greet and saw him a little closer.He may be very sarcastic ( he was ,I'm used to it in France and he pulled my leg a couple of times, I let him win(!) after all he was far away from home , from his dogs,his family ,the LA Kings , I didn't mind losing, he was vulnerable :) :) :) ) but it may take you unawares if you aren't prepared.
After all ,Europe and the States are different for many reasons and in many ways .It's difficult for him and for us to adapt instantly.
Anyway ,I could meet him thanks to the FedCon and you (you're German, aren't you?)
So many ,many thanks.
V
Yep, I'm German :) And I got a personal dose of his sarcasm too (though not on stage and not language related etc) and it made for a lot of hilarity and goofing around about it for me and the gals I was with. :p He's got this kind of humor that's right down my alley.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Zuzik wrote:
And here is the whole panel
Enjoy it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zJIdCQnHe8
Thank you so much, Zuzik! RDA and the audience were fantastic! He was so funny and they seemed to really respond and enjoy him tremendously.

Were you there for this panel? Do you have any reactions of your own from it? Do you have any other information from your time at Phoenix Comic Con? (If I am mixed up and you didn't attend - forgive, please).

I really enjoyed the RDA panel! He has such a good sense of humor and so many facial expressions.
B
zuzik2301

Post by zuzik2301 »

bftlovesRDA wrote:Zuzik wrote:
And here is the whole panel
Enjoy it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zJIdCQnHe8
Thank you so much, Zuzik! RDA and the audience were fantastic! He was so funny and they seemed to really respond and enjoy him tremendously.

Were you there for this panel? Do you have any reactions of your own from it? Do you have any other information from your time at Phoenix Comic Con? (If I am mixed up and you didn't attend - forgive, please).

I really enjoyed the RDA panel! He has such a good sense of humor and so many facial expressions.
Oh yes I agree with you. He was very funny and I love his sence of humor.

But unfortunately I come from the Czech Republic so Phoenix (USA) is really far away. I've been in Germany on FedCon and have to say.. Rick is the kindest guy I've ever met. He was so kind and funny. The last day of the con he was tired but still very nice and sweet. He asked me "How are you?" and he drew a beautiful heart on my photo.
I miss him :oops: but who knows maybe in the future... :D

I'm sorry for my English. I hope you understand me.
Last edited by zuzik2301 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to know where your heart is look to where your mind goes when it wanders
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Your English is quite good,don't worry.

We all miss him ,I think.You said he was tired on Sunday? Well,he had 4 hectic days in Germany,poor man. I hope he can get some rest before his next(very long) trip to Australia in July .

V
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Zuzik wrote:
But unfortunately I come from the Czech Republic so Phoenix (USA) is really far away. I've been in Germany on FedCon and have to say.. Rick is the kindest guy I've ever met. He was so kind and funny. The last day of the con he was tired but still very nice and sweet. He asked me "How are you?" and he drew a beautiful heart on my photo.
I miss him but who knows maybe in the future...

(Silly me = sorry to have been confused about which Con you had attended.)

So glad you found RDA to be "the kindest guy you have ever met" and that even though he was tired, he was still nice and sweet to you on that last day of the FedCon. You were very fortunate to have been able to see him "up close and personal"....a memory that will last a lifetime. But, as you say, who knows----maybe you will be able to see him again like that in the future.

And your English is just fine!!!!! Thanks for your reports, photo(s), and the link to the Phoenix Comic Con. ALL such contributions are welcome!
B
Anne

Post by Anne »

zuzik2301 wrote:[Oh yes I agree with you. He was very funny and I love his sence of humor.

Hey, your English is great! I hope my post about translation help on FedCon didn't bring this on because I was NOT complaining about ppl's language skills in any way. It was just something I observed :) And your English IS great.

Oh, he was tired, wasn't he? He was already tried on Friday night when I talked to him briefly - and said so. Poor RDA had such a work load that weekend, I did not envy him. But yeah he was great, took his time for everyone, no matter how long the lines were! He's just awesome.
zuzik2301

Post by zuzik2301 »

Thank you. I've studyed English for a many years and I love it but still I'm not sure...
bftlovesRDA wrote:Zuzik wrote:
I miss him but who knows maybe in the future...

(Silly me = sorry to have been confused about which Con you had attended.)

So glad you found RDA to be "the kindest guy you have ever met" and that even though he was tired, he was still nice and sweet to you on that last day of the FedCon. You were very fortunate to have been able to see him "up close and personal"....a memory that will last a lifetime. But, as you say, who knows----maybe you will be able to see him again like that in the future.

And your English is just fine!!!!! Thanks for your reports, photo(s), and the link to the Phoenix Comic Con. ALL such contributions are welcome!
No problem :)

And you're welcome :)
Anne wrote:
zuzik2301 wrote:[Oh yes I agree with you. He was very funny and I love his sence of humor.

Hey, your English is great! I hope my post about translation help on FedCon didn't bring this on because I was NOT complaining about ppl's language skills in any way. It was just something I observed :) And your English IS great.

Oh, he was tired, wasn't he? He was already tried on Friday night when I talked to him briefly - and said so. Poor RDA had such a work load that weekend, I did not envy him. But yeah he was great, took his time for everyone, no matter how long the lines were! He's just awesome.
You're right. He spoke about jet lag right?
Yes he's awesome! I definitely agree with you.
If you want to know where your heart is look to where your mind goes when it wanders