RDA at Phoenix Comic Con

Teale

Re: RDA at Phoenix Comic Con

Post by Teale »

PamK1950 wrote:
tvero80 wrote:Always on the move.Just after Germany!!!
And he'll be going from a place that has and average high temperature of 70°F (21°C) to a place with an average high of 95°F (35°C). Don't envy him. :D
More likely around 105, unfortunately. We're already in the 90s--although we should back off into the 80s this weekend.

Thank goodness!

I'm such a ray of sunshine, aren't I? :roll:

Lucky for RDA--and probably calculated into the equation--Phoenix is only a one-hour flight from LAX. He can go home and crash for a couple of days, fly in the morning of his first appearance and out the evening of his last appearance, if that suits him.
A long-time fan of MacGyver and Legend,

Teale
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Teale wrote:
More likely around 105, unfortunately. We're already in the 90s--although we should back off into the 80s this weekend.
My friend Kat lives in Tucson and they've already been quite hot too. I was thinking about moving down there during the frigid weather and snow we had here (by Chicago) this winter. However, when I see those triple digit temps you have in the summer the thought flees from my mind in an instant. But of course, we all know it's a dry heat, which really makes it easy to take.
If you can't say anything nice.....

Star Gazer

Post by Star Gazer »

Pam: My mother is a "snowbird." She spends October through April in Arizona and the rest of the year up here in Alaska. Most of the people in the little community where she lives do the same thing: fly south for the winter and then return "home" in the summer. Of course, your midwestern summers can be pretty brutal, too. I was in Chicago in August of one year, when the temperature and the humidity were in the 90's and 80's respectively. :twisted: <-- Felt like I was paying this guy a visit!
taxi

Post by taxi »

I am sad , because i there is a continent that separates us , and I cannot go and see!! :|
Anne

Post by Anne »

Wow, RDA has very little time to rest between Germany and Phoenix... have fun ya all!
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

When I talked about Phoenix during the meet & greet , he said he hadn't realized it would be so soon after Duesseldorf.
Enjoy it as much as we did :)
Teale

Post by Teale »

Welcome to Phoenix!

If you love blue skies and sunshine, you'll be thrilled with the Valley of the Sun during Phoenix Comic Con! :)

You also will need to love very warm to hot temperatures. According to local forecasts, the high today and tomorrow (Thursday) should be about 110F degrees, cooling off to about 107F degrees over the weekend. Mornings and evenings are lovely--it's just noon-ish to 7 p.m. that is a tad warm. But you will be in the Phoenix Convention Center most of the time, won't you? You'll be fine!

I've scheduled Friday off work, but did not purchase an advance ticket...just in case! I do not know how this body will act from one day to the next--everything except work has to be viewed through pain tolerance. Some days are terrific with little or no pain, others...just have to deal with it! I do hope to be there, so let me know if you would like to meet. RDA has a panel scheduled at 1:30 p.m. on Friday, which was sheer luck, as my plans already were in place.

If you haven't checked the Phoenix Comic Con website recently, registration has been changed to the South building. I registered for email updates, but never have received any. And remember, Phoenix remains on MST (Mountain Standard Time) throughout the year--it's the same as PDT (Pacific Daylight Time).

Looking forward to being at Phoenix Comic Con on Friday. Fingers are crossed!
A long-time fan of MacGyver and Legend,

Teale
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

When I talked about Phoenix during the meet & greet , he said he hadn't realized it would be so soon after Duesseldorf.
Enjoy it as much as we did :)
I "envy" you .... I wish I could better English. Would also like to meet him so ... but I'm too shy. :oops: But I like to read your stories.

Regards
Alexandra
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

I was sitting next to him , I was very lucky ...and I said a lot of silly things but I really enjoyed it .He pulled my leg a couple of times :) :) :)
He was very nice.

V
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

V said:
I was sitting next to him , I was very lucky ...and I said a lot of silly things but I really enjoyed it .He pulled my leg a couple of times
He was very nice.
Wow - you got to sit next to RDA? How neat is that???? :D :D :D

What did you say and what did he say if you can recall any of it? I know it had to be mindboggling to be able to be right there next to him and to carry on a conversation with him........another memory you will have for a lifetime.

Glad to hear he was funny and very nice to you. I have never heard of anyone being treated badly by him. So different from some other "big stars". Another reason we all LOVE HIM SO MUCH!
B