RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON IS RETURNING TO FRANCE

frenchwriter

Re: RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON IS RETURNING TO FRANCE

Post by frenchwriter »

Thank you Kate... so fast to share our fantastic weekend... :D
Thank Delphine for your great pictures and ones of Sandrine and Cyril are wonderful too !!!
I'm sorry for mine, they're less good quality...

Edgar Givry (the french voice from RDA for MacGyver and O'Neill) were in Toulouse... We were very glad to be there when Richard met him... A great moment (french people understand what I mean)...
Later, I have had the pleasure to speak with Edgar and I'll share with you some words soon, thru Kate...
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

http://www.tf1.fr/tmc/quotidien-avec-ya ... gyver.html
Here's a little translation for the unlucky ones who can't speak our beautiful language.
Who was in Toulouse at the TGS last weekend ? Along with Pikachu , Manga Princess and some other weird creatures ,there was a Hollywood star too. OMG !
Who? "Richard Dean Anderson, Richard Dean Anderson..."
The most famous mullet of the 80s,the hero of the cult series MacGyver .Remember him ? He could open a SAK with his fingers , do rolls without breaking his bones ( :shock: NO ),push barbed wire with his foot, tear electric meters with his bare hands, plant a jack cable in chewing gum to blow
everything up.
Iconic series. Each fan has a favorite episode :
-"ants in the jungle ... used a special suit".
-"caught in an avalanche ... found a way to show where he was".
-"Middle Ages ... we learnt his first name ".
Had a 'camping ' style of clothing but attracted the ladies:
-"was in love with him like many others".
-"used to watch MacGyver with my sister and mother" .
-"handsome man of my time".
Even our favorite fan brushed up her English to talk to him. "What are you going to tell him ?"
-"I am one of your fans" (in English)
Now he's retired but goes to conventions to sign autographs.
You can't wait ? You want to see him ?Here he is.
He still has reflexes to find secret passages between cars, drinks Red Bull to be fit ,knows ways to make ink dry faster .
But he can't always recognize costumes ."The Joker ? Penguin."
After 5,000 autographs he seemed a little tired ("I can use a nap") .
At the end happy it was over even if he said the contrary .
Legendary credits :music sung by fans (+ pics it's even better ).
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

That was a fantastic picture Root. Honestly. You all look great, and your little girl is so sweet. And I love Rick's smile. So warm and heartfelt. He's adorable. Thank you for sharing with us.
And thank you too, Heltihes, for all the amazing pictures you have posted here. They are fabulous. Rick looks awesome in every single one of them. And I mostly love his expressions. He's so unique.
Also, big thanks to V for her translation. We appreciate it a lot V.
Root

Post by Root »

You are welcome. It's great to be able to share this wonderfull moment with people that can understand what it fells like. (I love my mom's reaction over the phone: "Will you grow up one day?" My answer? NO! What for :roll: ?? (i'm 37! :lol: ))

Heltihes: The picture were you all are next to the Stargate, the guy on the right side looks like Felger!!!! :lol: Awesome. Thank you for all those pictures (Je vois que tu t'es pas fait chopé par le gars qui ne voulait pas qu'on prenne de photo dans les files d'attente! Bravo ;) )
SueSkey

Post by SueSkey »

Hi All - Thank you to everyone who posted pictures and videos of Richard at the TGS. I came back with my picture, and a big thank you to KATE who quickly put it with the collection of photographs on this site. TO grainofsand (Sandrine). After the PHOTO SHOOT I went to the back to collect it. The man in change said I could collect it later as he said he would be there all day. James and I then decided it would be best to join the queue for the Q and A session in the theatre. I was so surprised there was room for everyone inside. I nearly got to ask a question - I held the microphone in my hand, but the the man in charge said NO MORE QUESTIONS! Never mind at least I have my photograph.
LOVE AND BEST WISHES TO ALL.
P.S. because the two days were so popular will Richard be asked back next year?
Heltihès

Post by Heltihès »

Root wrote:Heltihes: The picture were you all are next to the Stargate, the guy on the right side looks like Felger!!!! :lol: Awesome. Thank you for all those pictures (Je vois que tu t'es pas fait chopé par le gars qui ne voulait pas qu'on prenne de photo dans les files d'attente! Bravo ;) )
That's not me next to the Stargate, I just took a picture. :)

There was indeed a guy who didn't want us to take pictures of Richard (you couldn't miss him, he was holding a sign), but I tried anyway yeah ... :roll: :oops: Funny thing about that : he was (nicely) grumbling when people took pictures, so we started taking picture of HIM (instead of Richard) to piss him off ! :lol: Eventually, he posed for us ! :lol:
SueSkey wrote:P.S. because the two days were so popular will Richard be asked back next year?
Back at the TGS ? Doubtful ... :cry: They never invited the same american actor twice. They try to get different people to satisfy everyone. But maybe somewhere else in France ? Fingers crossed ! :roll:
Heltihès

Post by Heltihès »

:D :D :D The TGS channel just posted the Q&A (saturday) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p192xb6 ... e=youtu.be
Very good quality (sound and video). :o :shock: If you haven't seen any videos, you should watch this one ! :D

Root, you HAVE to see this at 31:15. The camera is on him when he waves at your daughter ! ;)
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Thanks Heltihès . I hope they will post the Sunday panel too.
Root

Post by Root »

Yes!!!!!! I saw it just awesome! I love it the way he stops his mouvement as if he was being caught by Ben! :lol: So him.

The shooting was made by my ex boyfriend ;) He was not a good boyfriend but at least he's good in shooting videos :lol:
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Thank you Heltihes for posting the Saturday panel from the TGS channel. It was great. I enjoyed it much better now, because of the clear and good sound.