FEDCON

taxi

Re: FEDCON

Post by taxi »

Good Work thank you :)
Astra

Post by Astra »

I finally took the time to read all your reports, Anne. Thank you! For once I don't have to be the one writing it all down ;)
Anne wrote:In between he had a moment of staring at himself on the screen where they kept showing old pics of him...

“Oh my god, how old was I? Twelve?” (am not sure what pic he was referring too, I think it was pre-MacGyver. And then it went on to Mac and to an old SG-1 pic) “The innocence of juvenile delinquent. I promise, that if I get invited back here, I promise to be 20 pounds lighter. Ok, 30.”
Direct quote I just remembered: "Oh, to have that body again..."

It was one of the promotion pictures with Jack in a black t-shirt and you could indeed see every muscle...
Last edited by Astra on Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anne

Post by Anne »

Oh, cool - thank you. I'll put that into my final file for my scrapbook.

There was something else in that panel about those pics they kept showing on the screen. One of the guys wanted to be Sam's top and the other one Daniel's hair - but I'm not remembering this anymore all the way, lol.
Astra

Post by Astra »

You're welcome! Finished reading now and I have more:

Anne wrote:oh, yeah, the Russian sub episode (ehm, not exactly, but... who's complaining)
What's wrong with his statement? The episode was set in Russia, and there was a submarine.

Also one more point I do remember from the Amanda Tapping panel. She and Teryl Rothery would watch the guys doing their "Ruffle and Puffle" (is that the word?) when a new woman guest star came on the show, and actually giving out points how good or bad they were LOL

And one thing I think from the RDA solo panel - a girl asked a question and he said: "You're not German, right? Because I can understand you." Everyone first laughed and then booed at that ;) He tried to pedal back and explain what he meant, I thought it was rather funny.

I missed the Suanne Braun panel as well as we were doing sightseeing in Dusseldorf, but went to the Jay Acovone one. I didn't take any notes but things I remember - his wife is now his ex-wife and he has a girlfriend now, and he and horses don't go along well, he once did a movie (I think?) where they wrote a scene where he had ride a horse and it would try to make him fall off, like a rodeo and he asked who the stunt guy was for this, but they said no stunt guy, you have to do it - but in the end it was just a joke ;)

Also he is not doing much acting anymore, he is building houses now. He finished his last job literally on the night before he flew. At the autograph session I was alone with him and since I also am a draftswoman we chatted a bit about housebuilding and threw technical terms around - like technobabble ;)

I don't remember much else than that he said to every question: "That's a good question!"
Anne

Post by Anne »

Astra wrote:
Anne wrote:oh, yeah, the Russian sub episode (ehm, not exactly, but... who's complaining)
What's wrong with his statement? The episode was set in Russia, and there was a submarine.
You are right, there was a sub in Watergate. I have already changed that in my own file and forgot to do it here. I confused his mentioning of sub with the replicator episode that took place on the Russian Sub. There was, of course, a sub in Watergate too.

Yeah, the ruffle and puffle thing - I remember that too now that you mentioned it. I also now remember her coming on stage and telling us she was so nervous alone on stage because she didn't have RDA to laugh at or Michael to joke with. Things are coming back to me bit by bit... lol.
Astra

Post by Astra »

Anne wrote:
Astra wrote:I also now remember her coming on stage and telling us she was so nervous alone on stage because she didn't have RDA to laugh at or Michael to joke with. Things are coming back to me bit by bit... lol.
I remember reading this though so you must have it already included ;)
It's funny though how days after suddenly little bits come back to you, it's the same for me. Writing the report in the first days is best, while you still have all the voices and jokes in your head but even weeks later something will remind you.

There was also something about Amanda and the episodes with water in it. I think she was talking about the scene where they were in a room and it was filling with water, and she went up to the ceiling to catch some air but always opened her mouth too early and got it full of water. Or something. Can't wait for the DVD to see it all again, and the things I missed.
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Astra wrote: Writing the report in the first days is best, while you still have all the voices and jokes in your head but even weeks later something will remind you.
This wouldn't help me. I always have voices and jokes in my head and can't tell if they are from something I heard or my imaginary friends. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you ladies for posting something that will keep the memories fresh in my mind.

Pam
If you can't say anything nice.....

ritab2610

Post by ritab2610 »

thank you so much for your reports and remarks, I was there but I'm not able to do what you are doing, remembering it and writing it down...however reading your reports brings it back to life for me, I can still see them on stage and almost hear them saying those words. You are so realistic and good. Too bad it's already over.... how time flies.........
Paja

Post by Paja »

Anne, thank you so much for the reports! What an enormous work. Wow. Just wow. I am going to do a happy dance now. :D
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

THANK YOU ANNE :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Lots of love,

Lies