FEDCON

Anne

Re: FEDCON

Post by Anne »

tvero80 wrote:What shall I say ?
I heard somewhere that we would be given a day/ approximate time for the photo op and/or autograph depending on the day we bought the tickets and would receive an email shortly before the Fedcon to let us know . Anne and Darling, you are obviously experts ,is that true?

Véronique
Oh, dear, I have no idea. I haven't bought any photo ops autographs yet... I thought we can do that when we are there? I have to go back and look at their website. As I said, it's been 14 years since I went to a convention... so it's all kind of new to me as well, sort of. Maybe Darling knows.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

I'm sure you can buy them on the spot ,Anne.Don't worry.

The fact is I hesitated and once my mind was set on I bought them with the registration .That's all.

Here's what is written at the end of my confirmation email:at the check inn(in perhaps?) counter I'll be given my coupons(for autograph and photo ops)with the convention tickets and goodies ( I don't know what these are :) ) Shortly before the convention starts ,I 'll receive another email with THE EXACT DATES where and when to queue to get my photo ops.But maybe we can choose the day,I don't know... I thought I had read something about the day we buy the tickets on the old forum ,though :!: Will there be more people queuing up at the weekend? Probably. He will sign autographs every day (popular man ;) ).The best thing would be to choose a day when he isn't too busy. We could talk to him more easily :)

V
Mac/Jack#1fan

Post by Mac/Jack#1fan »

Anne wrote:The concept of 'asking for a hug' alone is so weird to me, sigh. (not that I would ever hug him without his permission, so I'm between a rock and a hard place).
Awwww. I'd just ask him and try not the think about it too much lol. I've never been to a con.. and I'm not going to FedCon (All of you who are going are SOOOO lucky! I'm jealous :mrgreen: and happy for you :D ) but if I was going... I'd totally ask for a hug!

Its not like you have the opportunity to meet him all the time... so I'd go for it :D I could see myself now... (on the verge of acting like a total fangirl, but keeping my cool) Hi RDA, could I have a hug? :oops: I seriously think he would say yes :D On the other hand, the worst he would say is no, so its not like you have anything to loose :)

He just looks so darn huggable and cuddly! That's what I want when I meet him (key word being WHEN.. who knows when that will be :roll: ), to give him a hug. I would never just hug him (like you) I'd have to ask first. If the I were him, I would like it if people asked before just hugging me lol.

@Darling... It sounds like you had a WONDERFUL experience! Good for you! :D I'd act the same and just ask for a hug! There's nothing to loose! And now you have that wonderful memory :D

@Tvero80 Your photo with RDA will turn out beautifully! I would try not to worry too much... I'm sure you will have a wonderful memorable experience!
darling

Post by darling »

Hm... let me think. I almost forgot all the con stuff. I only remember the GOOD things. ;)

No, seriously:
At my first Fedcon I had a weekend ticket. I didnt' receive any email before the convention but maybe they changed the process. I came to the check in counter where you receive your tickets and vouchers for the autographs and photo ops if you bought them with your tickets. It's inside the hotel. If you didn't bought them with your registration you can buy autographs at the check in. Photo ops could be bought directly at the photo op room! I only had a voucher for Ricks autograph at this time. All the other stuff I bought at the convention.
I remember that I stand in the queue for an autograph of Dirc Benedict and had to leave because the photos came on the run. No problem because Dirc still signed when I came back later. :lol: Goodie is a bag with some little gifts. ;) I think there was no such alternative which day you can choose for the photo op but I don't know exactly. Autographs were definitely in an exact timeline because there were soooooo many people! :shock: You don't have a clue of that! ;)
At the second Fedcon I only had a day ticket. So I had to do all the things in 1 day. I didn't buy any autographs. The important thing was the photo with Rick and this one I bought directly at the photo op room. But - as I said - it could be different this Fedcon.

Fedcon is an awesome event. I did some conventions before but they were smaller... much smaller than Fedcon. It's an anthill full of people. You have to look close to get all informations you need and it will stress up your life! But it's worth it! I would do it again if I only had the money for it. Especially because of Michael Shanks. Would love to meet him once. :D So I wish you all a happy time and once again: Ask! That's the only thing that really counts. Ask for what you want! A hug is no problem! At other conventions I saw photos... my hair stood on end. :shock:

I remember my first photo with Rick: He wore a cap. And the woman before me was asked by a man if she would beg him to put that cap down. She said 'No'. She was afraid to ask anything. Yeah, I admit that I was the one who asked Rick to put down the cap. :lol: He said 'No' and smiled at me and everything was okay. So don't hesitate to ask! ;)

If you have any con questions... I will try to answer. :D
j-sky

Post by j-sky »

Thanks @darling :D,
I was wondering about the same things as Véronique was. :)
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Darling ,your FIRST photo with Rick ? How many have you got, lucky you? I read on a blog (imdb) that there was a huge queue for him I don't remember in which country, a fan had asked for an autograph: it started at 10am ,finished at 2pm but he added it was really worth waiting.

Do you think if I'm not satisfied with the photo for some reason I can buy another on the spot and ask for another hug ? ;) and if I'm not satisfied....
Sorry I think I lost contact with the Earth :D

Thank you very much for all the information.

Is it easy to find something to eat? (I'm French after all,food is important ,too).

V
darling

Post by darling »

@tvero80
Yeah, I joined two Fedcons. And on both there was Rick so I have two photo ops. :D
The first one was with the cap on and the second one with hugging. Believe me the second one is much better!

Okay, I show it. ;)
Look at this. And NO I didn't know about the background colours! :lol: It was a lucky break that they matched with my blouse and Rick's shirt. *sigh* Oh man, what a moment!

And to your questions:
Yes, you can buy many photo ops but you will first see them when they will be printed at the end of the day. ;) So if you are not satisfied with the first one you probably take a second and have to wait for the next day.
Eating is no problem. There are stands in the hotel. You can buy luncheon vouchers and change them with food. But it's easier and cheaper ;) to go some steps to the nearby airport where you can find many more food range. McDonald's and other stuff like that. And there is a supermarket. ;)
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Darling, thank you so much for sharing .You look so happy :)

Couch sent her photo too ( topic=photo/convention photos) Did you see it?

And once again, thanks for all the information you gave us. It's very kind of you.

Véronique
Mac/Jack#1fan

Post by Mac/Jack#1fan »

darling wrote:And NO I didn't know about the background colours! :lol: It was a lucky break that they matched with my blouse and Rick's shirt
That was AMAZINGLY lucky! Awww, beautiful picture!
j-sky

Post by j-sky »

Thanks again @darling ,

for the information and the photo ;) :)