FEDCON

tvero80

Re: FEDCON

Post by tvero80 »

I asked for the autograph and the photo. So maybe I'll be able to say a few words when he signs the autograph .But I can't promise you anything. Apparently we haven't got much time to speak , there'll be so many people waiting behind me. But I'll try to make the most of it. :D

V
j-sky

Post by j-sky »

Caty wrote:Never mind!

I wish all of you a wonderful experience, lots of fun and a good time with our hero.
If any of you can talk to him, I don't expect anyone could greet him from me, it wouldn't mean anything to him :oops: but maybe you can give him all the good wishes we all have for him.

Caty, yes - we will do that :) .
Caty

Post by Caty »

Thank you :D
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
Firefly74

Post by Firefly74 »

Newsletter from Fedcon:

Richard Dean Anderson will sign autographs on all four days of FedCon.
Thursday, May 29th, at 2 p.m.
Friday, May 30th, at 1 p.m. and at 4 p.m.
Saturday, May 31st, at 10 a.m.
Sunday, June 1st at 12 noon

www.fedcon.de
darling

Post by darling »

When I got my autograph three years ago I could change a few words with him. ;)
Uh... :oops: "words" is not the right word. I babbled because he asked me about my forename and I was like :shock: .
He said that this was only the second time he heard this name. The first time was an actress on "MacGyver" and I said that I could remember her.
He couldn't believe that my memory goes back to this detail but... COME ON... how could I ever forget that! No chance! :D
Unfortunately my mind exploded when he looked me in the eyes and so I couldn't find more words. :lol:

One year later I worked up my courage to ask him for a hug for a photo.
He said: "Sure!" and took me in his arms. Then he placed his head upon mine and in this moment my mind melted away. :lol:
All the other fans sounded like "AWWWWWWWWWWW!".
A friend of mine behind me in the queue took her chance and said "I want the same!"
This was one of the best moments in my life! :!:
Last edited by darling on Mon May 05, 2014 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anne

Post by Anne »

I would never have thought this might happen to me, but the thought of going into that photo ops is already paralyzing me now. :shock: That's kind of scary. 'covers face with hands' That has never been an issue with any of the ST actors I've 'met' during other cons. But I am out of con routine too since I haven't been on any kind of convention since 2000, so I'm starting to feel all kinds of excited - good and bad now :D
darling

Post by darling »

@Anne
I know this feeling very well! Because of that my first photo with him on FEDCON XX is... let's call it neutral. :D
When I stood in the queue for the second photo one year later I spoke to myself the whole time: "Ask him for a hug! Ask him for a hug, you milquetoast! All he could say is 'NO!'" :lol: I did it and I can advise anybody to be brave! This is your only chance to get what you want. And if you're polite and not asking for embarrassing stuff he will do it!
j-sky

Post by j-sky »

darling wrote:When I got my autograph three years ago I could change a few words with him. ;)
Uh... :oops: "words" is not the right word. I babbled because he asked me about my forename and I was like :shock: .
He said that this was only the second time he heard this name. The first time was an actress on "MacGyver" and I said that I could remember her.
He couldn't believe that my memory goes back to this detail but... COME ON... how could I ever forget that! No chance! :D
Unfortunately my mind exploded when he looked me in the eyes and so I couldn't find more words. :lol:

One year later I worked up my courage to ask him for a hug for a photo.
He said: "Sure!" and took me in his arms. Then he placed his head upon mine and in this moment my mind melted away. :lol:
All the other fans sounded like "AWWWWWWWWWWW!".
A friend of mine behind me in the queue took her chance and said "I want the same!"
This was one of the best moments in my life! :!:
Thank you for telling us this :).

Just a few weeks and FedCon is on and I'll be very.... :shock: :mrgreen: :D :) .
But I just can't wait :D!
Anne

Post by Anne »

darling wrote:@Anne
I know this feeling very well! Because of that my first photo with him on FEDCON XX is... let's call it neutral. :D
When I stood in the queue for the second photo one year later I spoke to myself the whole time: "Ask him for a hug! Ask him for a hug, you milquetoast! All he could say is 'NO!'" :lol: I did it and I can advise anybody to be brave! This is your only chance to get what you want. And if you're polite and not asking for embarrassing stuff he will do it!
The concept of 'asking for a hug' alone is so weird to me, sigh. (not that I would ever hug him without his permission, so I'm between a rock and a hard place). OH, I'll be fine. 'nods' Just RDA and MS. No big deal. Hahaha.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

What shall I say ?

I'm as excited as you are/were and since it will be my first and last Fedcon , I'm rehearsing (thinking hard) what I'm going to say (if I can say something /anything) and shall try to be 'bold' (but not too bold of course...)and witty and ...it 'll be my only chance. The fact is I have a problem with photos ,I move all the time ,I often look silly,I don't smile in a natural way , so I'm a bit worried . With RDA next to me, I hope I won't spoil it all.

I heard somewhere that we would be given a day/ approximate time for the photo op and/or autograph depending on the day we bought the tickets and would receive an email shortly before the Fedcon to let us know . Anne and Darling, you are obviously experts ,is that true?

Véronique