FACTS Spring Edition - Belgium

Stoneridge

Re: FACTS Spring Edition - Belgium

Post by Stoneridge »

I have always wanted to know if Rick rode the horses in 7 brides for 7 brothers, MacGyver, Stargate etc. Or was it a stand in for him. Very curious due to my afiliation and life long passion for horses...... all animals actually - stems back to my country roots. I meant to ask him this question when he was in Auckland last time but I think I was a bit star struck at the time, therefore the words never came out. I have always wanted to know this and still wonder all the time.
Clean/Green NZ
Take only photos, leave only footprints.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Stoneridge wrote:I have always wanted to know if Rick rode the horses in 7 brides for 7 brothers, MacGyver, Stargate etc. Or was it a stand in for him. Very curious due to my afiliation and life long passion for horses...... all animals actually - stems back to my country roots. I meant to ask him this question when he was in Auckland last time but I think I was a bit star struck at the time, therefore the words never came out. I have always wanted to know this and still wonder all the time.
That topic actually came up when we were talking last fall. I asked him if he had already known how to ride a horse when he got the role on Seven Brides or if he had to learn for the show. He said that he already knew how to ride, but there were advisors on set who helped all of the brothers, including him, to master handling the horses for certain scenes. Then he sort of wandered off the topic and talked about how he, as the oldest one, was actually the one to take the instruction more seriously than some of the younger brothers who figured they could wing it.

He also spoke in one of the recent panels about the "Pegasus" gambit in MacGyver, and he said he did all of his own riding up to the moment when the helicopter actually lifted the horse. Then he had to turn it over to the stunt guy, even though he thought that would have been the most fun part.

Kate
Stoneridge

Post by Stoneridge »

I recall that with the helicopter, Rick really seemed to want to do that part. Just watching that episode made me look with only one eye, one slip of that sling and it would be horrific. Kate do you know if he rode in MacGyver and SG1. I would love to know as he has such an appreciation and affinity with animals of all kinds.
Clean/Green NZ
Take only photos, leave only footprints.
CMac

Post by CMac »

You can tell that he did most of his own riding. I'll bet it was difficult for him to relinquish control of the horse over to the stuntman for that helicopter scene. I wish he had done more riding in his shows. He looks so perfect and beautiful on a horse. Ah, there is indeed something about a man on a horse that gets to me...*sighs* :oops:

On a different note, I wonder how much freedom actors have now to do their own stunts, or if the rules are more stringent now since the MacGyver period. Maybe RDA's insistence on doing most of his own stunts made too many people in Hollywood cringe! :lol:
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

I heard on the news that the Brussels airport was still shut down. I hope this won't impact the Belgium convention!
B
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

I just looked on Paul Brown's FB page as he usually gives details about their travels. He and RDA flew to Paris on separate flights (PB from Vancouver and I assume RDA from LA). After meeting up they took a train to Ghent.
If you can't say anything nice.....

Captainvale

Post by Captainvale »

It is good to hear that news, thank you.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

PamK1950 wrote:I just looked on Paul Brown's FB page as he usually gives details about their travels. He and RDA flew to Paris on separate flights (PB from Vancouver and I assume RDA from LA). After meeting up they took a train to Ghent.
Great to know, Pam - thank you!
B
grainofsand

Post by grainofsand »

Richard's interview for "RTL Info" in Belgium :D

http://www.rtl.be/people/potins/richard ... 07027.aspx

Sandrine
Cindy61

Post by Cindy61 »

grainofsand wrote:Richard's interview for "RTL Info" in Belgium :D