FACTS Spring Edition - Belgium

tvero80

Re: FACTS Spring Edition - Belgium

Post by tvero80 »

Here's another video of the Sunday panel .The sound may not be as good as rosi's but it's another perspective (the audience, and it isn't always a close up so you can see his legs move too,not only his hands ;) ) and we understand why rosi stopped and started again at the end. It's nice of him to come back and the "what" when the man starts to speak Flemish is very funny :) ( around 30mn).Hope this link will work.
https://youtu.be/lxU60P_lTW8
Rosi347

Post by Rosi347 »

Thanks for posting this video here too. Complete in 1 go.
My camera can only film 30 minutes at once and as it was not showing the time that passed I pressed stop and missed the first part of the "extra" as I pressed twice :( to start again.
Still love to watch it again... and with another view this time.
eve59

Post by eve59 »

INTERVIEW > PIERRE-YVES PAQUE Publié le lundi 04 avril 2016 à 14h34
Richard Dean Anderson, l’acteur mythique des séries MacGyver et Stargate SG-1, était la star de la convention FACTS, sur l’univers de la science-fiction, des comics et du cosplay.
"Si l’héritage persiste, c’est que la série n’était pas si mauvaise que cela", plaisante l’acteur de 66 ans qui a eu l’occasion de tester tous les clichés belges (gaufres, chocolat, etc.) "sauf vos bières car je ne bois pas. Je suis sûr que je rate quelque chose d’incroyable, on m’en parle tellement !"

Le célèbre interprète d’Angus MacGyver - mais aussi de Jack O’neill dans Stargate SG 1 - a déplacé les foules au festival FACTS qui plonge au cœur de l’univers de la science-fiction, des comics, de l’anime et du cosplay. "Ça me fait plaisir de voir que tous ces gens sont marqués par mon rôle, ce public loyal est une fierté", raconte celui qui, avec sa coiffure atypique, fut l’un des sex-symbols du petit écran. "Même si j’ai toujours du mal à comprendre. Je suis un gars du Minnesota où on ne s’intéresse pas à la célébrité ou à l’image, aussi sexy qu’elle puisse être, que l’on donne. En plus, je vieillis et, aujourd’hui, ça m’embarrasse plus qu’autre chose…"Vous ne vous sentez plus à votre place ?

"Vous voyez ce double menton et mes poignets d’amour ? (sourires) Avec l’âge et le temps qui passe, on change inévitablement. Je me sens parfois comme un poulet et donc je m’excuse pour ça auprès des fans… Même si j’ai perdu 20 kilos depuis l’année dernière, ça m’embarrasse car on ne me reconnaît pas toujours…"

eve59

Post by eve59 »

Sorry for once he is in French to you to make the translation I did not know how to put him otherwise good day to all

bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Here is one translation, eve (from google translate):

INTERVIEW> PIERRE-YVES PAQUE Published Monday, April 4, 2016 at 14:34
Richard Dean Anderson, the legendary actor of the series MacGyver and Stargate SG-1, was the star of the FACTS convention on the world of science fiction, comics and cosplay.
"If the legacy persists is that the series was not so bad as that," jokes the 66 year old actor who had the opportunity to test all Belgian clichés (waffles, chocolate, etc.) "unless your beer because I do not drink. I'm sure I'm missing something incredible, we talk about it so much!"

The famous performer Angus MacGyver - but Jack O'Neill in Stargate SG 1 - moved the crowds FACTS festival plunges into the heart of the world of science fiction, comics, anime and cosplay. "It makes me happy to see that all these people are marked with my role, loyal audience is a pride," said the man who, with his unique hairstyle, was one of the sex symbols of the small screen. "Even though I still struggle to understand. I am a guy from Minnesota where it is not interested in fame or image, as sexy as it may be, that we give. In addition I get older, and now it troubles me more than anything else ... "you feel more for you?

"You see that double chin and my love cuffs? (Smiles) With age and the passing of time, it inevitably changes. I sometimes feel like a chicken and so I apologize for that ... Even with fans if I lost 20 kilos since last year, it embarrasses me because we do not always recognize me ... "
B
Allusion

Post by Allusion »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you for the morning laugh! I LOVE literal translations! It cracks me up when they get idioms wrong. Like Tealc and undomesticated equines...

"Love cuffs"! :lol: :lol: This was all I could think of..

Hope that's ok to post...don't want to offend anyone. Apologies if it does.

Kate has an idiom correct version in the archives, btw. :)
May your Blessings outnumber the Shamrocks that grow...
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Love cuffs indeed . I'm sure it would make RDA laugh too :lol: :lol: :lol:
LadyAmmonet 13

Post by LadyAmmonet 13 »

Love cuffs? So when a girl puts her arms around him, we're "cuffed"? I don't see anything wrong with that. Going to have to ask him about that one in September.
Caty

Post by Caty »

I remember when he talked about "love handles". To translate that to "cuffes" :lol: :lol: :lol:
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
Allusion

Post by Allusion »

LadyAmmonet 13 wrote:Love cuffs? So when a girl puts her arms around him, we're "cuffed"? I don't see anything wrong with that. Going to have to ask him about that one in September.
Oh please do! And come back and tell us what his response is to that? I can't wait to hear!
May your Blessings outnumber the Shamrocks that grow...