Love and encouragement for RDA

tvero80

Re: Love and encouragement for RDA

Post by tvero80 »

Not in bed yet ;)
Indeed I have questions about the stamps as Anja said:they send postcards to us and inside envelopes with stamps to the States (to Kate's PO box).But then? Does it mean she'll give the cards to Rick ? Do we need other stamps to send them to California ????
Since this box exists ,are we collectors useful? What are we going to do exactly to help?....Ok I 'm going to bed.... :(
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

frenchwriter wrote:"B" and "JK":

I believe that the messages we left on the topic "Supermegafest Framingham Massachusetts 21.-22.Nov 2015" should be here, in this topic.

Perhaps Kate could she transfert here?
What do you think about this?
Just FYI, it's not all that easy to try to combine two threads, especially two threads that are going on at the same time - the messages would not be in order.

It is best that discussion stays in only one place. Online messages to RDA began here - planning for sending greeting cards began on the other thread.

Kate
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

KateR wrote:
Just FYI, it's not all that easy to try to combine two threads, especially two threads that are going on at the same time - the messages would not be in order.

It is best that discussion stays in only one place. Online messages to RDA began here - planning for sending greeting cards began on the other thread.

Kate
Okay - will try to stick with that format then. We have some other questions for you - perhaps these should be handled on PM?
B
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

Here is the last message from Kate (it was oon the other topic "Megafet-Framingham":

KateR say :

It's really not all that complicated. :)

Before I left this morning, I sent emails to the three people who volunteered to collect cards. I wanted to be sure that you understood that you were volunteering to give out your home mailing address to strangers, and that you were okay with that. (Since then tvero has volunteered, so the question is for all four of you.)

I didn't want to send out a notice with your names and emails if you weren't comfortable with giving out your address. I didn't actually get an answer back from any of you (!) but the discussion seems to have continued here.

When we have done this in the past, people from around the world sent their cards to my P.O. box, and I sent them to RDA. I can do that again, but people were excited to find a way to get involved, and I thought it might make it easier for some fans to mail cards to someone in/near their own country instead of sending to the US. So, I welcomed the volunteers. Besides, as each volunteer sends a packet of cards they have collected, RDA will receive them in little groups on different days - something to look forward to. :)

Each person should sign their card with their name and country so RDA can see how far away the cards have traveled.

It doesn't have to be any more complicated than that. :)

If all four volunteers are okay with giving out their home address to anyone who contacts them, then I will go ahead and draft an email to explain, and anyone is welcome to pass it on to other RDA fan groups.

Basically, if you want to send a card to RDA, buy/make a greeting card, write your message, and sign it with your name and country. Then choose any one of the volunteers that is convenient for you and email them to ask for their address to mail your card. When each volunteer has gathered a collection, they can send the cards to me, and I will forward them.

Does that help?

-----------------------
Thank you Kate for help.

Frenchwriter : I'm agree to give my @mail address to people. And I will give my personal address for receive cards. If people want to sent just virtual cards, they send on our @mail address or on the "fan email" in the website?
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

tvero80 wrote:Not in bed yet ;)
Indeed I have questions about the stamps as Anja said:they send postcards to us and inside envelopes with stamps to the States (to Kate's PO box).But then? Does it mean she'll give the cards to Rick ? Do we need other stamps to send them to California ????
Since this box exists ,are we collectors useful? What are we going to do exactly to help?....Ok I 'm going to bed.... :(
We need to go back to the other thread now to discuss card sending as per Kate's suggestion above. And so as not to keep the confusion going - I am going to send a PM to Kate with some questions. Good night again.
B
GracieV

Post by GracieV »

Hi! I joined just now so I could send a get well card to RDA. Thanks for letting me join your forum. :)
Since I live in the US, I tried to PM B but perhaps since I'm such a newbie here it wont let me. :(
I'll keep trying but could you send me a PM so I could reply and then get the necessary info?
Thanks so much.
Gracie
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Welcome, Gracie. You're activated now, so the PMs and posting should work without moderation. :)

Kate
GracieV

Post by GracieV »

KateR wrote:Welcome, Gracie. You're activated now, so the PMs and posting should work without moderation. :)

Kate
Many thanks! :)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

GracieV wrote:
KateR wrote:Welcome, Gracie. You're activated now, so the PMs and posting should work without moderation. :)

Kate
Many thanks! :)
Hi, GracieV - I got your PM and now have sent you a reply.

Thanks for wanting to participate in the effort to send RDA cards of love and encouragement at this difficult time for him.

And WELCOME to the forum! Hope you will find the time and have the desire to post on different threads that interest you. If you love and admire RDA, this is the place to be.

:D :D :D
B
Kuzyaka

Post by Kuzyaka »

Hello! My name is Ira. I`m from Russia. I would like to participate in sending cards for RDA, because I believe in the magic power of kind words and thoughts. I like Mr. Anderson as a person and actor. He is amazing man! I really want to help him as I can. So, if it's possible, I'm with you, folks! But, I have the same problem. I can`t sending you PM back, sorry:(