Love and encouragement for RDA

tvero80

Re: Love and encouragement for RDA

Post by tvero80 »

Macgyver1989 wrote:I sent a fan mail about 3 or 4 months ago, but received no reply back :?:
Were you expecting a reply from RDA? He has received many posts/cards recently and he can't answer each and every one of them...
Grimey

Post by Grimey »

RDA gave his personal replies for us all together to Kate, and we all enjoyed them on the wonderful page.

But, perhaps you are not sure if especially your message has reached him at all?
If you send a fan mail on this page, you should have received an automatic answer which says:
"Thankyou for posting a fan mail to RDA" or something similar.
I hope you got at least this kind of validation?

Many celebrities do not even want to see all those envelopes and mails personally, this is a job for their secretary.
We are much more lucky: RDA does want to read our posts and cards.
:D :D
That is an honour, isn't it?
P
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Grimey wrote: Many celebrities do not even want to see all those envelopes and mails personally, this is a job for their secretary.
Very true.
Caty

Post by Caty »

tvero80 wrote:
Grimey wrote: Many celebrities do not even want to see all those envelopes and mails personally, this is a job for their secretary.
Very true.
He is very special! In every way!
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Really?I don't see what you mean ;) .

Our cards from Europe may not arrive on time for his birthday .Why does he live so far away from us anyway? Never mind, he'll remain younger for a few more days or his birthday will last longer than a day ...Who hasn't dreamt of stealing time and of being born 'later' ? :) So I hope it's ok.
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

tvero80 wrote: Our cards from Europe may not arrive on time for his birthday .Why does he live so far away from us anyway? Never mind, he'll remain younger for a few more days or his birthday will last longer than a day ...Who hasn't dreamt of stealing time and of being born 'later' ? :) So I hope it's ok.
I think our cards arrived to Kate but she's very busy : she probably not always time to confirm her sending to LA.
With my post number, our cards sent the 11 and arrived to the USA the 14 (but I don't know when they arrived to Kate)

I received three cards yet, and I'll send a batch tomorrow again.
Richard will receive it after his Birthday, but it doesn't matter; what is important is that he receives our friendship, even after the 23 ;)
Jirel

Post by Jirel »

hi,mailling cards should be a bit late to Richard to receive.Why? because in east usa -big snow storm and some part in usa ,flotting--,heavy wind, road block--no electricity in some part usa--no flight,no mail,so kate is in middle of it --hope she alright.For the cards who don't arrived yet I thing we should be patient du to the circumstances.That for sure,Richard will receive ours cards and Kate thanks to doing that ;)
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

Thank Jirel.

OMG! Yes, it's very big snow, right! :o
Kate puts her snowshoeings to go to the post office! :lol: :lol:
She's without fear our amazing Kate... Nothing stops she! For the love of our Richard!
Wathever happens, he will have our best wishes for his Birthday. ;)
Love you Kate :D
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

I've sort of lost track of my updates here. I think I posted that batch #11 was mailed on January 12 and arrived on January 14.

There was a bit of a pause as new cards came in, so I mailed another batch of printouts from the Fan Mail page in the meantime.

Then I mailed batch #12 on January 20, and it arrived on January 22. It included cards from:

Gay E.
Julie & Connie C.
Lucy A.
Alexis H.
Stacy T.
Jackie C.
Mary Ann H.
Linda
Rosanna A.
Monique B.
Jeraldine M.
Mary Ann H.
Sharon
Mac J.
June W.
Monique B.
Véronique T.
Dorota A.
Annie D.
Dominique G.

Then yesterday I walked through the falling snow back to the post office to mail batch #13. I'm sure #13 is not really unlucky! But I have no idea how long it will take for that one to arrive. Most of the flights around here were canceled yesterday, and today is even worse. The tracking doesn't show it even getting out of town yet. Perhaps they need a dogsled!

In any case, this last batch should hopefully arrive by early next week, and it includes cards from:

Julie & Connie C.
Jeraldine M.
Mary Ann H.
Virginia W.
Monique B.
Bianca H.
Anne-Marie S.
Evelyne L.
Nancy B.
Mary Ann H.
Jane C.
Sue E.
Sandra D.
Marilyn C.
Deborah S.
Rita P.
Mireille & Axel F.
Daniela M.
June M.
Karen C.

I will keep the post office box open until the end of the month, so if cards arrive before then, I will still forward them. (Although, the way they don't plow roads here in the south makes me wonder if some won't arrive until spring!) :lol:

Last night at midnight, I also sent RDA his annual birthday email with all the information about donations and e-cards. Hopefully he will be celebrating a Happy Birthday. And then we can give his poor mailbox a rest! :D

Stay warm and dry, everyone!

Kate
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Yeeessss.Our cards arrived on time for his birthday.I hope he'll be able to read the birthday email you sent too.

THANK YOU KATE, THANK YOU SO MUCH . YOU ARE WONDERFUL .

We are warm and dry here.Old Europe is safer than the New World at present .Have a nice weekend at home Kate :)