Love and encouragement for RDA

KateR
Site Admin

Re: Love and encouragement for RDA

Post by KateR »

Jemster wrote:
No, my last name starts with a K. It doesn't really matter as long as he got it. And I feel really bad that I'm harping on this as I don't normally. I'm really trying to let things go. :-)

Michelle
You mentioned Parker and Arizona. On my spreadsheet I have Michelle and Parker and Arizona together. It is quite possible that you never signed your last name or I wasn't able to read it - (both those things happened often), and so the spreadsheet was probably picking up "Parker" as the last name. If you are Michelle from Arizona and "Parker" refers to your name or your town, then yes, your card has been sent.

Kate
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Loving the smile. It's contagious.
If you can't say anything nice.....

scientist101

Post by scientist101 »

Hi

I am new to the forum. I would love to send Richard a card from Belgium. How do I do this? I am not able to send a private message as I am a new user. Thanks a lot!

Scientist101
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

scientist101 wrote:Hi

I am new to the forum. I would love to send Richard a card from Belgium. How do I do this? I am not able to send a private message as I am a new user. Thanks a lot!

Scientist101
Welcome, Scientist. You are activated now, so you will be able to post and send PMs. Contact me or one of the other "collectors" for an address to send your card. I'll be collecting them for a little while longer. (I suspect my post office box will be bursting by the time I get back home after the holidays!)

Kate
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

KateR wrote:
scientist101 wrote:Hi

Scientist101
Welcome, Scientist. You are activated now, so you will be able to post and send PMs. Contact me or one of the other "collectors" for an address to send your card. I'll be collecting them for a little while longer. (I suspect my post office box will be bursting by the time I get back home after the holidays!)

Kate
Welcome Scientist101, I'm the point of collect in France. If you want, you can write me in PM, I will give you my personal address. I have to post two cards too, I'm awaiting other ones.

Kate, you're right... Your post office box will be bursting, but your mailbox is complete too, I think... Because my mail keep without response from you :lol: :lol:
But you are entitled to a vacation too... Enjoy many of these blessed days.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Yes, of course you are entitled to have a vacation,Kate.But how long will it take? Not too long I hope .

Sorry,I was just kidding ,as always...I do apologise.I'm hopeless .

Kate said:"Welcome, Scientist. You are activated now, so you will be able to post and send PMs. Contact me or one of the other "collectors" for an address to send your card. I'll be collecting them for a little while longer. (I suspect my post office box will be bursting by the time I get back home after the holidays!)"

In that case ,can we send birthday cards now ,Kate?Or will we go back to the traditional emails?(I understand you can't keep your mailbox for too long).
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

V said:
Can we send birthday cards now ,Kate?Or will we go back to the traditional emails?(I understand you can't keep your mailbox for too long).

That was exactly my thought V. Thanks for bringing it up. It would be a really nice gesture I think, if we continued sending cards to Rick for his birthday. But only if Kate is willing to do that and can keep her mailbox for a little longer period of time. It is up to her and she has the final decision. Whatever it is, we always RESPECT Kate's wish and decisions, and would like to thank her once again for her hard work and her constant devotion and support. THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE FOR US KATE.
Caty

Post by Caty »

nicolemj@otenet.gr wrote:V said:
Can we send birthday cards now ,Kate?Or will we go back to the traditional emails?(I understand you can't keep your mailbox for too long).

That was exactly my thought V. Thanks for bringing it up. It would be a really nice gesture I think, if we continued sending cards to Rick for his birthday. But only if Kate is willing to do that and can keep her mailbox for a little longer period of time. It is up to her and she has the final decision. Whatever it is, we always RESPECT Kate's wish and decisions, and would like to thank her once again for her hard work and her constant devotion and support. THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE FOR US KATE.
There is nothing left to say!
I will be o.k. with writing fan-email to his birthday, but if Kate's mailbox is still open till his birthday, I'm sure to find or create a nice card for him. Anyway, Kate's wish is my command. :-)

THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE FOR US KATE
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Totally agree Kate's wish is our command :lol:
and if I can help in any way, I certainly be glad to help ;)
think I would do both...Sending a birthday card AND making a donation to Rick's charities in behalf if his birthday!
Lots of love,

Lies

KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

tvero80 wrote:In that case ,can we send birthday cards now ,Kate?Or will we go back to the traditional emails?(I understand you can't keep your mailbox for too long).
I got home last night and I am in the process of catching up (and preparing the next batch of cards for my daily walk to the post office).

I rented the post office box for three months, so that will take it to the end of January. Some people have already started sending birthday cards, so yes, I will continue collecting and forwarding cards of any kind for a little while longer.

BTW, when RDA had asked what kinds of updates might be good for the site, I suggested that he take a picture of the cards he was receiving so that fans would know for sure that their cards were reaching him. He sent other things instead, so I thought he might have forgotten the suggestion, but then came the lovely Christmas present of his latest selfies. Adding himself and the Santa hat to the picture was his idea.

I admit, I wasn't certain if he was actually keeping all these cards as they arrived or if he chose (as many people might) to read and enjoy them and then recycle them to remove "clutter." I realized that it was possible that he was waiting for more cards to arrive in order to take a picture. But in those selfies that he sent with the cards, I recognized several of the cards that were sent in the very first batch, so he really has (so far) been keeping all of them, and was just waiting for the right moment (or the right hat!) to share the pictures with the fans.
Annelies wrote:Sending a birthday card AND making a donation to Rick's charities in behalf if his birthday!
Yes, I hope fans will also consider the option of making a donation as has been done in past years. If anyone makes a donation and sends the Network For Good e-card to my address, I have always forwarded the e-cards to RDA and will be doing that this year as well.

I'll post again once I get the next batch of cards ready to go. :)

Kate