Love and encouragement for RDA

Caty

Re: Love and encouragement for RDA

Post by Caty »

My first did ;-)

But my next will be with a picture of my cat :-D
I hope he don't mind. He likes all animals, I hope.
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Thank you Kate for all the updates and Thank you Rick for the latest message. We appreciate it a lot, each time he sends a few words and I know how touched he feels by the love and concern of so many people from all around the world. I hope and wish he has good news from his yesterday's doctor's appointment, and he'll soon be starting to enjoy some relief from the pain. Hopefully the long painful waiting will soon come to an end. It is so unfair for him suffering for so long. Hope the doctors will apply the right treatment at last, and give him some joy. My thoughts and prayers are always with him. THANK YOU AGAIN KATE for all your efforts in keeping us up to date. It means a lot to us too, because you're the only person who is connecting us with him and we're all looking forward to hearing good news regarding his health. That's all it matters right now. To hear that he starts feeling better and enjoys some relief. That would make us a lot happier.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

RDA hasn't replied since yesterday morning, so it's hard to know if that's good news or bad.

Meanwhile, the fourth batch of cards, sent on December 10th, arrived on the 14th. The fifth batch of cards, sent on the 12th is scheduled for delivery today, but hasn't arrived yet.

The sixth packet of cards was sent today and includes cards from:

Judith K.
Nancy M.
Margie F.
Anja S.
Sanne B.
Sandra
Nancy M.
Katrin & Simon
Jessica W.
Linda M. & Carole L.
Ira S.
Silvia
Anja A.
Birgit
Zuzka S.
Juanita S.
Lillian K. & Marilyn K.
Janice R. & Gina B.
Spring W.
Theresa K.

There was in influx of cards from "friends" in Illinois, which boosted the representation from that state. Still, not counting duplicate cards from the same person, Germany remains in the lead, followed by France and Illinois, then followed by England, and then Australia, California, and New York are each represented by five people.

What's even more fun are the countries that are only represented by one or two people: Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Finland, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Russia, Scotland, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, and South Africa. Nice to see so many countries represented!

Years ago, when we did something similar to this, there were also devoted fans who participated from places like Japan, Singapore, Mauritius, and Reunion Island. It's fun hearing from people in places like Reunion Island that actually made me check a map. :)

For those keeping score, that's 130 cards sent so far, and I have 20 more waiting for the next batch and more due to arrive. I'll keep the post office box active at least until Christmas. Thanks to all who are sending a little cheer in RDA's direction. :)

Kate
Bella123

Post by Bella123 »

Yay, my card has arrived! Thanks for all your hard work, Kate! :D
Let's hope his late reply is good news! -fingers crossed-
Credit goes to MacBeth (Lolmac) for the avatar!
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Wonderful to read about all the cards coming to you / to RDA! And, from all those different countries and states! So good!

Here's hoping he got some good news from his doctor appointment yesterday.

Thanks again for keeping all the cards flowing his way and for keeping track of them all!

I have a batch of 4 cards ready to send but I am waiting on a couple more and would like to hold off sending them until those others come in. So, this latest batch will likely go to you early next week.
B
Jemster

Post by Jemster »

KateR wrote:
For those keeping score, that's 130 cards sent so far, and I have 20 more waiting for the next batch and more due to arrive. I'll keep the post office box active at least until Christmas. Thanks to all who are sending a little cheer in RDA's direction. :)

Kate
Hopefully on of them's mine since I haven't seen my name so far.

Michelle
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

KateR wrote: Years ago, when we did something similar to this, there were also devoted fans who participated from places like Japan, Singapore, Mauritius, and Reunion Island. It's fun hearing from people in places like Reunion Island that actually made me check a map. :)

Kate
Wasn't that for his 60th birthday in 2010? I think it started a few months after I joined the old forum at the end of July 2009. That was a fun time.
If you can't say anything nice.....

pumuckl

Post by pumuckl »

Oh my card is not in the batch, I hope it will be in the next... then I could read my name :)
Very good news from richard, thank you Kate to inform us,when something is changing.
All the best to you in this forum.
:)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

So good to read (on the home page) that RDA is feeling better - more hopeful of relief from the back pain. That is so good to read. Also good to read about Wylie being accepted at the college of her choice. What a proud and happy papa he must be! Thanks for posting the update.
B
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

pumuckl wrote:Oh my card is not in the batch, I hope it will be in the next... then I could read my name :)
Very good news from richard, thank you Kate to inform us,when something is changing.
All the best to you in this forum.
:)
Don't worried, your card was in the second batch and Kate received it... But she received so cards recently, she doesn't send all cards in the same sending.

Thanks to all countries to their thoughts and wishes to our beloved RICHARD...
The world is for RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON!!!!!

My 3rd batch sent yesterday... :D