Manukau/Christchurch ,March 2016

tvero80

Manukau/Christchurch ,March 2016

Post by tvero80 »

New Zealand (again)...another exhausting flight.
bftlovesRDA

Re: Manukau/Christchurch ,March 2016

Post by bftlovesRDA »

New Zealand - wow, those New Zealanders (and Aussies) are so fortunate! So nice that RDA is still willing to travel those long distances to reach his fans. He makes a huge sacrifice to do that (as you say, in terms of the long long flight over there). Evidently the New Zealanders are very nice and the location is beautiful - I hope so for his benefit.
B
Stoneridge

Post by Stoneridge »

That's true B, so many from other countries say it is stunning here. I guess some of us who have never been overseas don't really realise how much. But I do know we have a great life here, it's a very safe friendly country and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I hope Rick gets to see more of NZ this time as Paul mentioned that they both would have really loved to have seen an awful lot more of NZ when they were here last year.

I would love to go and see Rick again but after last year and the pain that I endured for weeks afterwards I think I will have to pass. I also no longer live in Auckland so it would be incredibly difficult.
Clean/Green NZ
Take only photos, leave only footprints.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

So he's going to New Zealand...a mixture of joy (cause he loves the country) and excruciating pain ... I hope New Zealanders know how lucky they are and will be extra careful...this man is precious.
Captainvale

Post by Captainvale »

Good when recovering fr surgery to have goals. As long as he enjoys trip and surgeon/ p.t.'s support him. If it were me i 'd pay for 3 or 4 seats together and stretch out for some of it....do those planes have big block of seats together?
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Captainvale wrote:Good when recovering fr surgery to have goals. As long as he enjoys trip and surgeon/ p.t.'s support him. If it were me i 'd pay for 3 or 4 seats together and stretch out for some of it....do those planes have big block of seats together?
(I didn't know he had had surgery - recently that is. I know he had surgery years ago for his back - but didn't know he had also had it recently. If so, that's good though I was hoping surgery would make him feel a lot better.)

Regarding His trip to New Zealand. For what it's worth, I wish he weren't going....not after all he has been through. I know it is so good for him to get out among his fans. And I know all his fans there would be disappointed if he couldn't come. But I just don't know how he can get through all the standing and sitting that he will have to do. As far as the flight over, I surely hope he is in first class seats so he can stretch out. I JUST DON'T WANT HIM TO HURT ANY MORE! As others have said - please know how fortunate you are, New Zealanders - and please take good care of him.
B
Caty

Post by Caty »

bftlovesRDA wrote:
Captainvale wrote:Good when recovering fr surgery to have goals. As long as he enjoys trip and surgeon/ p.t.'s support him. If it were me i 'd pay for 3 or 4 seats together and stretch out for some of it....do those planes have big block of seats together?
(I didn't know he had had surgery - recently that is. I know he had surgery years ago for his back - but didn't know he had also had it recently. If so, that's good though I was hoping surgery would make him feel a lot better.)

Regarding His trip to New Zealand. For what it's worth, I wish he weren't going....not after all he has been through. I know it is so good for him to get out among his fans. And I know all his fans there would be disappointed if he couldn't come. But I just don't know how he can get through all the standing and sitting that he will have to do. As far as the flight over, I surely hope he is in first class seats so he can stretch out. I JUST DON'T WANT HIM TO HURT ANY MORE! As others have said - please know how fortunate you are, New Zealanders - and please take good care of him.
Exactly my thoughts, B_
I'm afraid, he will hurt much more after a flight of many hours. And to think of what he's doing over there! :shock:
And after the convention he has a long flight home again.

Take care of yourself, Rick! And think of your health first!
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

I didn't know he had surgery either (?). Whatever ,it will be very painful even if he can lie down most of this long trip on the plane . And he will have to stand and sit during the conventions,won't he ? I'm like B.I think it would be wiser not to go...but it makes him so happy apparently and/or he made a commitment (Michael Shanks has just cancelled ...).
Bella123

Post by Bella123 »

Rick is so dedicated to his fans! But just the thought of that flight makes my back hurt. Hearing from him in his last note how badly his back still hurts, makes me want to cry. :( He must be a very strong man, mentally and physically, to endure such pain. I hope his back feels better soon, and the trip is easy for him!
Credit goes to MacBeth (Lolmac) for the avatar!
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

It's likely he'll do a series of interviews with the convention publicist as he has done on previous trips to Australia and New Zealand. It's a full time job for me trying to keep track of them, since RDA doesn't usually know what they are until he's already done them.

The first one has come in already, and I've posted it. If anyone finds more before I do, send me an email and I'll try to keep them organized.

Kate