'LEGEND' - THE COMPLETE SERIES RELEASED ON DVD

silvia1970

Re: 'LEGEND' - THE COMPLETE SERIES RELEASED ON DVD

Post by silvia1970 »

Does anybody know if the DVD is available in other countries? Or do I have to look at Paramount in Germany. Unfortunately, there is not even the two MacGyver movies. :cry:
Silvia
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Right now it's the US only --- but there's always hope.
If you can't say anything nice.....

frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

KateR wrote:
frenchwriter wrote:I've seen the news on FB this morning!
Seriously, doesn't anyone use THIS website as a source of information?

Kate
Oh Kate, you know that ... rdanderson.com is THE ONLY BEST WEBSITE about our Richard. And THIS ONLY BEST WEBSITE is managed by THE ONLY BEST WOMAN... YOU !!! :D :D :D
I love you !!!!

You know better than anyone how much I follow all the information on THIS website ;)
DUCKY

Post by DUCKY »

silvia1970 wrote:Does anybody know if the DVD is available in other countries? Or do I have to look at Paramount in Germany. Unfortunately, there is not even the two MacGyver movies. :cry:
The good news is: "There is always a MacGyver way out of everything." :)

Since LEGEND wasn't on TV in other countries it's very unlikely that it will be released in other countries or any other region code than 1, but regions are like age; you are as old as you feel and you are in the region you feel like you wanna be in.

You buy the region 1 DVD and then set your computer or DVD player on region free. You can find certain ways how to do that on the internet. There is also the possibility to buy a region free or code free DVD player. Eleven years ago you could get one for 49 Euros or $57. If you think about having more blu rays discs then it might even be a good idea to check region free blue ray players.

If you need any help email me at roaring.ducky@gmail.com

'LEGEND' will be out on DVD. Thanks to everyone who helped to make this happen. :)

Titine1978

Post by Titine1978 »

KateR wrote:
frenchwriter wrote:I've seen the news on FB this morning!
Seriously, doesn't anyone use THIS website as a source of information?

Kate
For me : no facebook, no twitter, or any forum. I have a rather free and independent spirit. The people I know who have a FB account gives it too much importance. It makes me claustrophobic. :?
My source of information : rdanderson.com and this forum (I've been slow to sign up).
Thank you for your work Kate and, thanks to Richard Dean Anderson to allow you to do so. :D

Christine
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Wonder of wonders - I got notice from Amazon today that my "Legends" on DVD has shipped to me! This is earlier than the January 11th that I was promised. Way to go, Amazon, and to the producers of the DVD! Thank you to all those who worked tirelessly to get Legends on DVD. Also, I wish that everyone who wants to be able to get a copy of it will eventually be able to do so.

(Sorry, I double posted this message on the other Legends thread....my mistake....not trying to rub it in. Hopefully everyone who wants to view Legends on DVD will be able to do so - everyone from around the world. If it's in blueray format and if you have a blueray DVD player, see what Ebi wrote - it should work. I don't know about those things but if it works for Ebi it should work for others....(Thanks, Ebi, for this information).)

Just as an FYI, here is what Ebi posted on the other Legend thread:
Just to the region issue that some people have spoken about...I live in Austrlaia, which used to mean ordering everything through Amazon UK as neither the region nor the tv type (PAL vs NTSC) of the US were compatible here. Many DVDs/ blurays are now region free, but even if they are not in my experience you can watch any region DVD on a bluray player without difficulty. I have ordered a lot of DVDs from the US Amazon over the last 2 or 3 years and have had no trouble watching any of them on my bluray player, but am unable to watch a region coded bluray on it unless it's 4(pacific) or 2(UK).

As far a the PAL/ NTSC thing - that is a thing of the past as is cathode ray tvs. As far as I know any flat screen plasma, LCD or LED tv should play either.
I don't want to give anyone misleading information so if someone out there knows different as to the DVDs playing on a bluray please correct me if I'm wrong. As for myself I just ended up taking the chance on a hunch a few years back and ordered a DVD and tried it, once it worked I've been using Amazon US ever since.
Thanks again, Ebi, for this info.
B
mac_jack_fangirl

Post by mac_jack_fangirl »

I believe you can play non-blu ray DVDs on a blu-ray, and a lot of blu ray players seem to be region free.

It does state that the Legend DVD is NTSC, so someone without a region free DVD will have trouble. I just don't want anyone disappointed in other countries that they can't play these DVDs on their player :) NTSC/PAL is still very much alive.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thanks, Mac_Jack_Fangirl for that information.
B
MacsJeep

Post by MacsJeep »

Are people getting Amazon messages telling them their discs have been dispatched? I pre-ordered Nov 1st and it is still saying they cannot give me a dispatch date even though the set is released!
mac_jack_fangirl

Post by mac_jack_fangirl »

MacsJeep wrote:Are people getting Amazon messages telling them their discs have been dispatched? I pre-ordered Nov 1st and it is still saying they cannot give me a dispatch date even though the set is released!
Can you check what the status of the order says when you log into your account?