Gatecon: The Homecoming

Cindy61

Re: Gatecon: The Homecoming

Post by Cindy61 »

tvero80 wrote:
nicolemj@otenet.gr wrote:Yes V, you're right. Actually I did notice Andy was in the background, while Rick was talking. I just didn't mention it. Probably because I got carried away by Rick's sweet presence and his lovely voice. He's a real charmer and so cute when talking to his fans. But it was really nice seeing these two lovely "buddies" at the back yard of their home, enjoying each other's company. Andy is a happy "girl" watching her "dad" talking. Thank you though for the remark and for correcting me.
I meant it as a joke Nicole .I needed a quote ,I chose yours but in fact nobody mentioned Andy . You all focused on RDA ,and I found it funny. That's all. Sorry .
I also noticed Andy in the background. I didn't think to mention it myself, figuring probably everyone had noticed her anyway. But it's nice someone brought it up. :D BTW, anyone noticed those two little owls in the corners?? May be just me, but i thought they were cute. :P :lol:
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

It's OK V, no need to apologize. I thought probably you said it as a joke, since we all focused on Rick. Naturally. Thanks anyway, and really no problem, don't even mention it.
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

A very interesting auction is starting today for those going to Gateon. The top 20 bidders will receive an exclusive photo op with RDA taken at "Jack's Cabin". It will be interesting to see how high the bids go as a special photo op with him at MTM went for around $10,000. I think the only way I'll be able to win one of these is if I sell my house. :D :D :D (The auction ends next Sunday.)
If you can't say anything nice.....

tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

To the lucky ones who will be in Vancouver :have a safe trip (I know some of you are flying tomorrow ). Make the most of it .
Macphoenix

Post by Macphoenix »

tvero80 wrote:To the lucky ones who will be in Vancouver :have a safe trip (I know some of you are flying tomorrow ). Make the most of it .
Me too ;) ;) Have a safe trip ;)
Caty

Post by Caty »

From me too, have a wonderful time and remember: be careful with our hero :)
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
Cindy61

Post by Cindy61 »

And me too! ;) Wishing everyone who is going a safe trip and an awesome time! :)
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Gatecon hasn't officially begun yet, but RDA is in town, and he was at Fisherman's Wharf this afternoon to welcome Sea Shepherd's ship, the "Martin Sheen," and to speak to the press.

I was there, too, and took a bunch of pictures, but it's not easy to upload pictures and updates from here, so the website updates might not happen until I get back home.

In the meantime, though, here's a nice little article (with pictures) about today's press conference:

http://www.straight.com/news/777876/sea ... med-salmon

CTV had a camera crew there, too, and talked to RDA for at least a half hour. Their story appeared on the evening news, but it only included about 15 seconds of their time with RDA. The interviewer, Jonathan Glasgow, said that the story would also appear on the late night news and on the CTV website, so watch for it, in case the online version has any additional footage.

More to come...

Kate
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Thank you Kate!! What a fantastic interview! Have fun and waiting in patience for more to come. Everybody who is going, wishing you a fantastic time!! He looks great in my opinion, as always ;)
Lots of love,

Lies

Cindy61

Post by Cindy61 »

Thanks Kate!!!!! ;) That's a wonderful interview!! And i agree with you lies, he looks absolutely great - as always! ;) :D